PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN: 19" Rims and Tires

soupey
04-23-2013, 11:29 PM
Someone decided to sneak into my back yard while I was on vacation over the last 2 weeks and stole these tires mounted on rims as well as two winter tires without rims.

19" TSW Doningtons with Toyo Proxes T1R summer tires. They are in extremely good condition, only used one summer with one tiny curb rash on one rim.

AND

2 16" Winter Tires without rims, they left another full set and the other two tires on the side of my house. I believe these were blizzak tires...

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-lAy345dN8Ag/T9bM32roJbI/AAAAAAAAWRo/JkxL8139aOw/w1302-h554/untitled-0209.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-yix5PvNHFRA/T9bM9EpV47I/AAAAAAAAWSc/HFP_5Yz9oQw/w1301-h732/untitled-0266.jpg
http://www.e90post.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=297179&stc=1&d=1250643774

rims were stolen in NW Calgary. Have a slight suspicion that it may have been by a neighbour but no way of proving anything.

if you see these for sale or anywhere else. Please let me know.

:(

funkedelic2
04-24-2013, 12:37 AM
Wow that's shitty. Don't leave anything valuable out in the open, people are dicks

DeleriousZ
04-24-2013, 08:52 AM
That's brutal man, were they sitting on the ground or were they mounted to a car?

soupey
04-24-2013, 09:05 AM
sitting on the ground stacked in white bags for the winter under my deck.

the winter tires were on the side of the house in white bags...for some reason they only took 2 out of 8 winter tires that were left there.

:(

Kolbatron
04-24-2013, 09:07 AM
That sucks to hear, I will keep my eyes open. Maybe they ran out of space to carry the wheels/tires so they only took the 2 winters. Better 2 than 8 I guess though, on the bright side.

Kloubek
04-24-2013, 09:11 AM
...or figured they weren't going to push their luck in getting discovered. They got the rims and those tires - that's what is worth the most.

Shitty deal man - good luck finding out what happened.

guessboi
04-24-2013, 11:23 AM
That sucks bro.
No space to stack your tires and rims up in the garage?
Leaving it in the open is never a good idea.

CanmoreOrLess
04-24-2013, 11:30 AM
It could be anyone stealing really. If it were in my backyard the CSI would go like this:

I notice a good number of plastic bin divers running around my neighbourhood, they never bother me really. Now if they notice, and they will, your stuff outside in the open, mental note made. Later, they look through your bins, notice no garbage for a few days on end and decide you are on vacation. Easy steal.

This is how it could happen. I often see a bin diver scoping out the interior of my garage if the door is up. They walk down the alley scanning the whole way. They are the crows of the urban jungle.

Keep an eye on KIJIJI, I'll look about as well. Mentioning CanTire has a half price sale on tire racks for the garage, would that be in bad taste? You still have a few tires remaining.

soupey
04-24-2013, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
It could be anyone stealing really. If it were in my backyard the CSI would go like this:

I notice a good number of plastic bin divers running around my neighbourhood, they never bother me really. Now if they notice, and they will, your stuff outside in the open, mental note made. Later, they look through your bins, notice no garbage for a few days on end and decide you are on vacation. Easy steal.

This is how it could happen. I often see a bin diver scoping out the interior of my garage if the door is up. They walk down the alley scanning the whole way. They are the crows of the urban jungle.

Keep an eye on KIJIJI, I'll look about as well. Mentioning CanTire has a half price sale on tire racks for the garage, would that be in bad taste? You still have a few tires remaining.

Well. Hindsight is 20/20. Probably will look into securing everything after this. I don't really care about the winter tires as much. The summer rims/tires were the bigger loss. Haven't had a single theft/issue in the house for the last 15 years. Ive been looking out on kijiji but these may have been taken upwards of 2-3 weeks ago, just noticed missing last night...they may have been sold already.

BigShow
04-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Where in NW was this?

soupey
04-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Hidden valley

BigShow
04-24-2013, 09:00 PM
Fuckers