PDA

View Full Version : Professional Rim Painting

hadson
04-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Can anyone suggest someone that paints rims?

My Rims are currently pink, purchased from Honda. They came pink from the DEALERSHIP, I have decided to get them painted black...but I don't know anyone that can do this for me.

Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

GS430
04-24-2013, 02:15 PM
I have a really hard time believing your wheels came pink from the factory..

hadson
04-24-2013, 02:22 PM
well that's a pretty irrelevant reply, thank you for your time. :)

JfuckinC
04-24-2013, 02:31 PM
hahahahaha why would you even try and hide the fact you painted them pink?

Either way i just got rims done at calgary powder coating, pretty happy with how they turned out :thumbsup:

There might be a bit of a wait though, they were prety busy when i got mine done.

03ozwhip
04-24-2013, 02:38 PM
kwiksilver wheel repair, probably cost 4-500 bucks.

GS430
04-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by hadson
well that's a pretty irrelevant reply, thank you for your time. :)

Well, based on the fact that you lied in your request for help, it's definitely going to change the outcome of how I choose to answer your question.

SO, Mr. Pink wheels, you can go out and buy some Plastidip and call it a day. This way you can also peel off the plasti-dip whenever your little heart desires, and rock your pink wheels again.

Tik-Tok
04-24-2013, 02:46 PM
For a professional job on your pink rim, I suggest picking up a free FFWD Weekly, and looking at the section near the back.

Hallowed_point
04-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by GS430

Well, based on the fact that you lied in your request for help, it's definitely going to change the outcome of how I choose to answer your question.

SO, Mr. Pink wheels, you can go out and buy some Plastidip and call it a day. This way you can also peel off the plasti-dip whenever your little heart desires, and rock your pink wheels again.

lol!! :rofl:

03ozwhip
04-24-2013, 02:52 PM
lol you guys are funny. these obviously didnt come like that from factory, BUT some dealers had certain colors put on as a special edition, but its done by dealers. i know a guy at my work with the same car that has orange wheel and side mirrors straight from the dealer.

GS430
04-24-2013, 02:57 PM
lol just messing around OP.

I've heard good things about calgary powder coating as JfuckinC mentioned.

Hallowed_point
04-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
lol you guys are funny. these obviously didnt come like that from factory, BUT some dealers had certain colors put on as a special edition, but its done by dealers. i know a guy at my work with the same car that has orange wheel and side mirrors straight from the dealer.

Was there some 2Fast 2Furious edt civic that I was not aware of? How tacky!

hadson
04-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
hahahahaha why would you even try and hide the fact you painted them pink?

Either way i just got rims done at calgary powder coating, pretty happy with how they turned out :thumbsup:

There might be a bit of a wait though, they were prety busy when i got mine done.

If I painted them pink, why would I lie about it? I bought them from Honda exactly the way they are, thanks for the suggestion.

hadson
04-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by GS430

I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand that I purchased them directly from honda exactly the way they are, why would someone lie about it?

You're pretty quick to assume that I am a liar, and apparently I am a dude too...again..thanks for your time.

Tomaz
04-24-2013, 03:28 PM
I have been hearing rumors about the powdercoating process damaging wheels, specifically aluminum. Do these rumors hold any merit?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-24-2013, 03:31 PM
Andre at Alloy Wheel Repair.

slinkie
04-24-2013, 03:54 PM
calgary powder coating did mine and they are mint. i have aluminum wheels and they haven't broken yet :rofl:

MustangSVT
04-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Get them powder coated, another +1 for Calgary Powder Coating.

hadson
04-24-2013, 04:21 PM
thanks everyone!:)

shakalaka
04-24-2013, 05:25 PM
I've had my rims repaired from Andre before, but I didn't know he did powder coating too? Good guy.

Viveiros
04-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Kwicksilver Wheel Repair. (403)617-7085

spikerS
04-24-2013, 06:02 PM
actually, I am inclined to believe him.

A friend I work with, bought a new White Civic, and the rims where painted Neon orange, when I questioned him about it, he just shrugged and said that is how he got it from them. I asked "used?" and he says, nope, brand new.

and he knows jack all about cars...

spikerS
04-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

LOL, you saw Mike's car too. I should have read the whole thread! :ROFL:

If it were me, I would do a DIY plasti-dip session on them.

euro_racer
04-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz
I have been hearing rumors about the powdercoating process damaging wheels, specifically aluminum. Do these rumors hold any merit?

i have 3 sets done already and going to do another set soon. all balanced well and i never had any issues! :thumbsup:

give these guys a try, they are fairly unknown and deserve some exposure. BY FAR the best prices in town for powder-coating wheels and do a good job and real friendly guys. it is a family operated business.

K&W Powder Coating Inc

3-4425 64 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2C 2C8
403-243-7700

http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Alberta/Calgary/K-W-Powder-Coating-Inc/7394882.html

shakalaka
04-24-2013, 06:52 PM
How much do they charge per wheel? Do they require the car to be left with them for a few days before the are done?

SportEL
04-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Powdercoating will be cheaper and more durable than getting the rims repainted. I have gotten my aluminium rims powdercoated by Calgary Powder Coatings, and they did a nice job. They have great service.

I also took my Work rims to Andre at Calgary Powder Coatings to get touched up.

And taken another set of rims to Alberta Wheel Repair to get polished.

I had Good experiences with all.