PDA

View Full Version : Pegasus

switch
02-19-2004, 11:07 AM
I took my gf to Pegasus for a greek feast after reading rave reviews.

My gf likes donairs -- pita, chicken, red onion and tzatiki -- not a big fan of the greek rice and potatoes.

So after ordering drinks I politely ask the waiter if it would be possible for the cook to make her a 'donair', he said fine but it would be the same price as the souvakli -- $16.95 -- I say thats fine and then go into detail what she wants on it. Just a plain donair wrap with pita, chicken, red onion and tzatiki -- which in my opinion is not worth $16.95 but thats what she wants so its fine.

He says, with attitude, "We do not have red onion".

I say, "A greek restaurant that doesn't have red onion? thats like a chinese restaurant without soy sauce."

He says, "Sorry sir, no red onion."

I reply, "Whatever, just regular onion then."

My appy arrives, a Bruschetta (which I might add was very good) -- covered in RED ONIONS.

He returns with more drinks, I point out, "These are red onions, this is what I wanted and you said you did not have them on the menu."

He says blushing with a stupid look on his face, "I meant we do not carry very much stock of them."

I say, "Why did you lie in the first place then? whats the big deal its just an onion, not caviar and she wants it on her wrap."

Dude gives me attitude without saying anything and tell him to go get it.

Anyways, almost end of rant:

- service was mediocre -- waited 25 minutes after we ate to get the bill and the waiter was an idiot.

- 20+ customers were all crammed into one corner leaving the rest of the restaurant empty.

- Food was expensive for greek cuisine -- meat on a stick, potatoes and rice should not come to $110 for two people.

- No parking for patrons

meh, whatever -- I will not return to that place.

** out of *****

DUBBED
02-19-2004, 11:16 AM
When I went there with people from my dad's office we had a great time, really good food. I agree the service wasn't great but what do you expect from a small family owned place. Definately not the type of place I would go regularly.

switch
02-19-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by DUBBED
When I went there with people from my dad's office we had a great time, really good food. I agree the service wasn't great but what do you expect from a small family owned place. Definately not the type of place I would go regularly.

Don't get me wrong, the food was GREAT but the service ruined the experience.

Ajay
02-19-2004, 01:55 PM
My family and I went there last year for my mom's birthday and I thought it was pretty good.

The food was AMAZING and the service we had was pretty good as well too. Maybe cause it was a Friday night......been a little more prepared for having a busy night.