PDA

View Full Version : i've asked this in another post, but with no responses, so...

ricosuave
02-19-2004, 11:26 AM
if my CRX needs replacement fender, hood, bumper, maybe passenger door due to accident - and they need to paint it, at what point would they consider painting the whole car?

i had an accident years ago and they just painted the bumper. would they likely just paint the new fender and bumper, maybe hood, maybe passenger door or would they just paint the whole car?

btw, other insurace is paying for it

thanks,
rico

t3rry
02-19-2004, 11:31 AM
just when you get a quote tell the guy at the body shop to add on a paintjob for the whole car, if he is a decent guy he will do it for you... sounds like they are already paintng half the car fron the accident anyways... the onyl thing tht might make them say no is the prep work

ricosuave
02-19-2004, 11:36 AM
what if i ask the insurance to pay for the repairs, but to leave it unpainted, and take the cash for the 'paint jobs'?

rico

t3rry
02-19-2004, 11:37 AM
not likely

ricosuave
02-19-2004, 11:48 AM
thx, t3rry!

rico

rc2002
02-19-2004, 01:29 PM
I'm surprised the car didn't get written off. To insurance companies, CRX's aren't worth very much . It wouldn't take much to write one off at all...

Even if the insurance doesn't want to pay for painting the whole car, I'm sure that you could talk to the auto body people and have them work out a good deal for you. They're painting a lot of the car anyway so it's not a lot of extra work for them.

ricosuave
02-19-2004, 01:45 PM
just got the word back - ~2k damage, 4k~ value (according to them)

ill talk with the shop and see what can be done - great little car otherwise.

rico

ricosuave
02-19-2004, 02:20 PM
taking it to concours south.

rico