PDA

View Full Version : Where to go for paint chip touch-up.

LollerBrader
04-28-2013, 12:10 PM
My car has several dings I want to get touched up. It doesn't have to be perfect - Just don't want my vehicle to rot out.

Went to first autobody shop - They only do entire panels, and wouldn't do spot work. Referred me to shop 2.

Shop 2 referred me to a place that sells touch up paint.

I'm leering of doing this, as I think it should be ground down a bit, and a base layer of some anti-rust stuff. Painting alone seems insufficient.

I don't want to spend $800 for this, but nor do I have time/expertise for a DIY.

Can anyone suggest where to go for some reasonable spot-work?

RjKaz
04-29-2013, 09:58 PM
My comments there were:

If this is the old 'Chippy' auto, these guys are great. Used to be 3 brothers, not sure anymore. I think it was Sean who spot treated sharp dent, top corner cab - 'Arizona beige' metallic truck -warned me it wouldn't be perfect cause of the color/metallic. Got it back - perfect. No way anyone could tell.

Brand new truck, parked in Sobeys lot - someone cranked their door into my door. Dent was where the side impact pillar was in the way. Not sure how they did it, they got it out. Another one was Black pearl metallic - fender spot paint treatment - perfect.

My dad lives in Sask and brought 2 vehicles to them. I've sent friends to them. Everyone can't believe the results, and how much cheaper than full body shop.

RjKaz
04-29-2013, 10:00 PM
Should add that it wasn't entirely clear if you have rust, or just want to ensure it doesn't rust.
These guys are in south, so if convenient, perhaps get them to check out/quote....

LollerBrader
04-29-2013, 10:04 PM
RjKaz, thanks a lot!

That chippy place looks perfect... It is surprising I wasn't sent there by the other two places.

Thanks again,
LB.

RjKaz
04-30-2013, 03:35 PM
Hope it works out.
For anyone else, the micropaint thread is http://forums.beyond.ca/st/368176/micropaint-review/

I guess ChippyAuto is now called 'micropaint'. On Forge rd in the south, (just south of glenmore).