PDA

View Full Version : 2013 SoloPro Schools at Fort Macleod!

reijo
04-30-2013, 07:33 AM
There is still time to sign up ... get instruction from National Champion calibre drivers:

Tim called yesterday and we discussed the strategies and what we should do differently for the SoloPro Schools this year and especially since we do not have the Extreme this year (due to equipment malfunction ... getting old).

Therefore the plan is to have a different layout for the course and Murray is programming some new subroutines into the timing software so we can deal with start/finish lines further apart (thanks Murray!) etc. so that we can run more cars and faster.....and in two directions on the same course without changing anything (Murray the magician! :) ). I believe this will mean a more challenging and more open course design so we can really focus on driving technique in difficult elements. Basics will be there, of course. Like I have said before, you never really get away from them.

Also the intention is to purposely treat the more experienced drivers differently. The Intro School will NOT be a Novice School and for sure not the Comp. We intend on "pushing" you more! :)

Having said that, plane tickets are bought however we do need more entries to make this viable. If you have ever thought of taking one of these schools, here is your opportunity! As you know we bring them here once a year at most and it would be a shame to miss out. For myself, I believe in the product since I have seen over and over how the schools work to make us all better drivers.

Also, I noted that we came back from the Packwood National Tour last year with 7 trophies! That is a record and certainly no accident! I think that is proof in spades! We come from a small region here with few competitors but we can an edge here via these schools. So, take yourself by the scruff of the neck if you have to and sign up!

Today is supposed to be the last day for deposits. However being in the middle of the week, I will extend this to the end of the week for you.

Let me know if you are interested!

And, have a great day!

You can sign up on Karelo (cost will be approximately $300 per day). Information and link to Karelo can be found the CSCC forum here (or the SASC Forum once we get it back up again ... we are having hosting issues):

http://cscc.speedracer.ca/forums/index.php?topic=11717.msg62525;topicseen#new

R

Sugarphreak
04-30-2013, 08:37 AM

reijo
04-30-2013, 08:41 AM
Certainly would be interesting! ;) LOL

Obviously the width could be a hindrance.

Generally we don't allow SUV's but I wonder about the Hummers since they are so wide .... whether they would be prone to roll-over.

hmmmm.... I have seen 1/2 tons out on R-compound rubber in the past (F-Stock) - no problems and allowed.

R

Sugarphreak
04-30-2013, 08:54 AM

Twin_Cam_Turbo
04-30-2013, 09:24 AM
Hopefully it won't be ridiculous wind like last Saturday haha.

Murray Peterson
04-30-2013, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
Hopefully it won't be ridiculous wind like last Saturday haha.

Yeah, that was disgusting. It was the worst wind I have ever experienced there; it does get "breezy" there, but nothing like last weekend.

reijo
05-06-2013, 08:50 AM
We are trying to decide whether to bring a third instructor and the date is getting close! May 18é19.

Final cost about $300 per day ... not bad considering we are flying in instructors from Virginia and Mnnesota .... and you get to spend quality time with National Champion-level drivers and pick their brains and see what makes them go fast.

How can you put a value on that?

Any more interest?

We want to make a decision shortly here since we are less than 2 weeks away now.

If you have thought about a professional-level racing school but do on need any special equipment beyond a helmet (we even have loaners) and a car in good operating condition, this is your opportunity. Make it happen. Let us know.

R

Khyron
05-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Pretty sure I'm in for the weekend meal deal

Do most people drive back and forth to Calgary on Sat or does everyone book in a local motel for dirt cheap?

Edit: site was down, but found the other descriptions - makes more sense.

http://soloprodrivingschool.com/curriculum

Khyron
05-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Screw it - signed up for both! :D

I also have a couple interested, but can they share a single car or does that not work with the school format?

Murray Peterson
05-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
Do most people drive back and forth to Calgary on Sat or does everyone book in a local motel for dirt cheap?

Hotels are cheap in Fort Macleod -- DJ or Century II cost $55 a night. It costs more money to drive to Calgary and back.

Murray Peterson
05-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
Screw it - signed up for both! :D

I also have a couple interested, but can they share a single car or does that not work with the school format?

Congrats -- you will have a great time! Sadly, this year I cannot take the school because I will be out of the country for work. First year I have ever missed :(

Two people can drive the same car -- the instructors just split the couple up into opposite run/work groups.

reijo
05-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Hi,

Murray is right ... and he should know.....he has taken them all a few times! :)

By the way, I extended the deadline on the deposits ($100) so we can contemplate bringing Neal here. We can use a few more students to make it viable.

The final cost is looking like $300 per school (or per day if you want to look at it that way).

Considering the school quality, fly-in national champion instructors etc. etc., it really is a steal of a deal.

I do not recall anyone complaining that the schools were not worth it in the past. Note that this is not a money-making venture (we are an Alberta-registered non-profit society) but rather a way of bringing all our driving to a new level. So, the schools are there for you! Take advantage of that if you can: It is a heck of an opportunity.

Cheers,

R

reijo
05-08-2013, 09:39 AM
I should clarify, two drivers works in a single car. That is the maximum possible and to keep a smooth flow to the school. So, no problem.

R

Khyron
05-08-2013, 11:07 PM
Ok got 2 more signed/waitlisted.

The intro was waitlisted, the comp was accepted. They will need the intro class first though.

reijo
05-08-2013, 11:59 PM
Ah, yes! Thank you!

We are working at bringing another instructor to cover the Waiting List .... 17 total right now for the Intro and 11 in the Comp. Ideally a few more people would make this perfect but, in any case, we'll see what we can do.

Personally, I think we should bring Neal from Minnesota here - he's been here a number of times in the past and is an excellent instructor......and, Tim, of course is simply amazing.

Look forward to seeing you all in the schools! They will be excellent, excellent learning experiences and also a tonne of fun! :)

R

reijo
05-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Both schools are full and there is a waiting list for both .... and we are looking at a third instructor so we can get the people on the waiting list in! :)

Also, for those of you signed up, please forward the balance of the schools fees ($100 deposit + $200 = $300 per school - Intro or Comp):

Checks can be made out to and mailed to:

Southern Alberta Solosport Club
Box 167
305-4625 Varsity Drive NW
Calgary, AB T3A 0Z9

reijo
05-11-2013, 01:05 PM
We decided to bring in the third instructor, Neal Tovsen from Minnesota so we have a few more spots open for next weekend if anyone is interested.

R

Khyron
05-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by reijo
Both schools are full and there is a waiting list for both .... and we are looking at a third instructor so we can get the people on the waiting list in! :)

Also, for those of you signed up, please forward the balance of the schools fees ($100 deposit + $200 = $300 per school - Intro or Comp):

Checks can be made out to and mailed to:

Southern Alberta Solosport Club
Box 167
305-4625 Varsity Drive NW
Calgary, AB T3A 0Z9

What's your interac email to receive? Or paypal, either one.

reijo
05-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Sent you PM

KRyn
05-15-2013, 08:34 AM
Anyone looking to attend the Intro School? Unfortunately my car will not be healthy enough to attend and I have a deposit down. If you are interested in going send me a PM!

reijo
05-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Yes, this school takes place only once a year at most .... instruction and time spent with US National Champions ... hard to beat the value and the learning!

Can't go wrong with these schools!

So if you want to jump in at the last minute (now), let us know and we'll arrange it .... Remember these schools come here only once a year and, of course, what you learn transfers from car to car .... as opposed to spending a bunch of money on a car and then selling it later.....money well spent!

And, I believe I can safely say that these schools are guaranteed to make you faster and are a major contributing factor to getting competitive on more than a local basis ... to an international level (which is why I believe in and promote them so much! They just simply work!).

Anyway, here's your chance - this is the first time we have not been sold out ... don't miss it if you can help it!

Reijo