PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Coke

QuasarCav
02-19-2004, 02:18 PM
What is the deal with it?

It used to be not available in calgary but now you can buy it in certain stores.

And you cant get cans, only bottles.

End the madness and let me know what is going on.

roopi
02-19-2004, 02:33 PM
Good stuff! Wish it came in cans though. I see it in all stores here in Edmonton now.

Canadian 2.5RS
02-19-2004, 02:35 PM
That stuff has been around for years! you can find it almost any 7/11.

is this thread for real?:dunno:

although i havnt ever seen it in a can.

QuasarCav
02-19-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS
That stuff has been around for years! you can find it almost any 7/11.

is this thread for real?:dunno:

although i havnt ever seen it in a can.

Oh, it's real.

No I was just wondering, becuase you never were able to find it in calgary. Now that 7-11 carries it I wanted to find cans.

I run a pop machine and would like to sell it!

rc2002
02-19-2004, 02:42 PM
What is up with these drinks? Are things like Cherry coke, Coke II, Crystal Pepsi, etc. just things that the soft drink companies use to promote their product?

QuasarCav
02-19-2004, 02:44 PM
Crystal pepsi kicked ass!!!

But other drinks are just to broaden the brands appeal so people don't drink water or something else that doesn't make company X more money

but Coke 2 was a waste of time, It was gone in like 3 months

t3rry
02-19-2004, 02:45 PM
vanilla coke/pepsi are the big thing now

QuasarCav
02-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by t3rry
vanilla coke/pepsi are the big thing now

were the big thing 9 months ago.

Redlyne_mr2
02-19-2004, 03:07 PM
Ive always love cherry coke, whenever I go out my drink of choice is coke and grenadine:thumbsup:

nismodrifter
02-19-2004, 03:29 PM
haven't tried cherry coke yet...don't even think I have seen it around anywhere

as for vanilla coke/pepsi....it tastes like crap.....but if you REALLY want to drink vanilla coke then buy the Safeway brand vanilla coke, tried a sample of it once at the store and it tasted great, no shitty taste that you get after drinking pepsi/coke

Altezza
02-19-2004, 03:41 PM
Dr. Pepper is kinda close to Cherry Coke... I find that when I'm in the states, Cherry Coke is available everywhere. Ask for it here and people give you weird looks for committing an act against heresy. :nut:

BebeAphrodite
02-26-2004, 02:35 AM
Yuck!!!
Cherry coke!!!
I think I've seen it around here.

hockeybronx
02-28-2004, 10:57 PM
Why drink pop? Pop is poison!

It stains your teeth
It contains crazy amounts of sugar
The HCL in pop rots out the pepsin in your stomach
It contains caffiene which drains water out of your muscles

What's the point? I might as well start eating my skin for meals.

max_boost
02-28-2004, 11:56 PM
Cherry Coke and Vanilla Coke! Two of my favorite drinks, I don't like Pepsi:D

legereandrew4
02-29-2004, 02:07 AM
got to go to the us and get cherry coek form the tap... damn good.

Ben
02-29-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

It stains your teeth

Mmmmmm...epidermis....:drool:

Davetronz
02-29-2004, 03:12 AM
I hear that Lime Coke is now available in Calgary in some places!
:thumbsup:

hash
02-29-2004, 10:44 AM
yah... i just tried that stuff the other day. its actually not half bad.

T5_X
02-29-2004, 12:54 PM

It stains your teeth

Haha, this is true a can of coke or pepsi has about the equivalent of 11-14 teaspoons of sugar!!

But Coke does not contain HCL, HCL is natural stomach acid. Coke contains phosphoric acid which decreases the body's secretion of hydrochloric acid. The phosphoric acid is not as good at digesting foods, so you get all sorts of bloating and indigestion problems from it.

Lots of other stuff. Tooth enamel decay, diabetes, cancers, intestinal and stomach disorders, osteoperosis, mental disorders associated with caffeine addiction, possibly alzheimers among other things could be associated with overconsumption of caffeinated pop. Diet colas are probably no better.

The stuff really is brutal for you if you drink a lot of it. Pop (particularily colas) and coffee are not seen as things that are hazardous to health, in time people will regard them in a similar manner to the way people see cigarettes now.

Anyway, that being said, I still love it because it tastes so fucking good. An occasional drink of it is fine

hockeybronx
02-29-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by T5_X
Anyway, that being said, I still love it because it tastes so fucking good. An occasional drink of it is fine

:werd:
All jokes aside it's all about moderation. The same is true for alcohol, junk food, and cigars.

three.eighteen.
02-29-2004, 07:28 PM
its just fucking pop! soon youre gonna see anti-pop commercials if everyone started being concerned about sugar water in a can

GTS Jeff
03-01-2004, 02:25 AM

It stains your teeth

What's the point? I might as well start eating my skin for meals. no, pop doesnt do that. but not drinking pop might make u ignorant. again, ill reply in point form cuz thats all u deserve:

-everything stains your teeth
-most things have a lot of sugar. even things that dont have much sugar may be broken down into sugars (soda crackers for example, or for that matter, ANY carbs)
-you are an idiot!!! pepsin works best at a low ph! that, and the hcl in pop is nothing compared to the hcl that your stomach naturally produces.
-caffeine MAY be a diuretic (theres a lot of debate about this) but either way, it would work on either the brain or the kidneys, not the muscles.

i cant stand it when people spout bullshit under the guise of scientific fact when they havent the slightest clue what science even is.

GTS Jeff
03-01-2004, 02:26 AM
btw, check out dictionary.com if u dont know what some of my words mean.

legereandrew4
03-01-2004, 03:14 AM
any of you guys read abotu how bad coek syrup is really... US highway patrol carry i gallon of cokacola syrup to clean blood of high ways...
if you leave a tbone steak in a bowl of coke over night, there will be no meat left on the bone.
you can use coke to clean rust stains of motor veicles...
if a truck is carrting cokacola syrup is has to have biohazardes warning on it.

look at it that way its pretyt damn sick! taste good... but yea... even though thats not carbonated yet, but still...

hockeybronx
03-01-2004, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
no, pop doesnt do that. but not drinking pop might make u ignorant. again, ill reply in point form cuz thats all u deserve:

-most things have a lot of sugar. even things that dont have much sugar may be broken down into sugars (soda crackers for example, or for that matter, ANY carbs)
-you are an idiot!!! pepsin works best at a low ph! that, and the hcl in pop is nothing compared to the hcl that your stomach naturally produces.
-caffeine MAY be a diuretic (theres a lot of debate about this) but either way, it would work on either the brain or the kidneys, not the muscles.

i cant stand it when people spout bullshit under the guise of scientific fact when they havent the slightest clue what science even is.

You are right Jeff, pop is very healthy for you!

Forget protein, water, or vitamins, just drink pop... mmm so good.

I like your signature by the way!

TrevorK
03-01-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by legereandrew4
any of you guys read abotu how bad coek syrup is really... US highway patrol carry i gallon of cokacola syrup to clean blood of high ways...
if you leave a tbone steak in a bowl of coke over night, there will be no meat left on the bone.

look at it that way its pretyt damn sick! taste good... but yea... even though thats not carbonated yet, but still...

I'd like to try that - but I wouldn't want to risk ruining a nice TBone :)

QuasarCav
03-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Where is the canned cherry coke. I don't care if it could eat throgh an engine block, the shit is delicious

T5_X
03-01-2004, 10:18 AM
no, pop doesnt do that. but not drinking pop might make u ignorant. again, ill reply in point form cuz thats all u deserve:

Jeff, did you read my post?

-I don't know about staining the teeth, but the phosphoric acid in coke does attack the tooth enamel, and the gobs of sugar are food for bacteria which secrete acids to further tooth decay.
-Read my prior post to see just how much sugar coke contains. Lots of people drink above a litre a day, not knowing just how much sugar they are taking in. I don't have to tell you the complications of oversonsumption of sugar.
-Like I said, HCL is not in coke. The H3PO4 in coke tricks the stomach into not secreting more HCL, but it does a lousy job at breaking down food compared to stomach acid. You can get intestinal complications from food that is improperly digested.
-How is caffeine not a diuretic? It makes you piss like a racehorse. In any case, caffeine probably has many ill effects when overconsumed.

-APEX-
03-01-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
What is the deal with it?

It used to be not available in calgary but now you can buy it in certain stores.

And you cant get cans, only bottles.

End the madness and let me know what is going on.

YUCK i hate that cherry crap.....its all about the vanilla coke

GTS Jeff
03-01-2004, 12:25 PM

You are right Jeff, pop is very healthy for you!

Forget protein, water, or vitamins, just drink pop... mmm so good.

I like your signature by the way!

i never said pop was healthy. its unhealthy yes, but not for any of the reasons u outlined.

Jeff, did you read my post?

-I don't know about staining the teeth, but the phosphoric acid in coke does attack the tooth enamel, and the gobs of sugar are food for bacteria which secrete acids to further tooth decay.
-Read my prior post to see just how much sugar coke contains. Lots of people drink above a litre a day, not knowing just how much sugar they are taking in. I don't have to tell you the complications of oversonsumption of sugar.
-Like I said, HCL is not in coke. The H3PO4 in coke tricks the stomach into not secreting more HCL, but it does a lousy job at breaking down food compared to stomach acid. You can get intestinal complications from food that is improperly digested.
-How is caffeine not a diuretic? It makes you piss like a racehorse. In any case, caffeine probably has many ill effects when overconsumed.

yea i read your post after i posted mine, but the only thing in your post that has direct relevance to mine is the point that coke doesnt have hcl, but phosphoric acid instead. point taken man, i didnt know that. i was also pointing out that lots of other stuff has a lot of sugar too and that your teeth are stained by just about anything. thats why we dont overeat and brush our teeth. trust me will, i know exactly what ure talking about. the sugar thats food for the bacteria is sucrose, which Streptococccus mutans metabolizes into a few different byproducts which are bad for the enamel. about the caffeine, its "common knowledge" that its a diuretic, but a lot of scientists are still debating exactly how it works, why having caffeine pills dont make u pissy like pop does, and if it is a diuretic, how big the effects are. here are some links to a few papers regarding caffeine as a diuretic. im not sure if u can access the papers without a login/password though. (edit nm, these online journals wont let me link anything cuz they are all cgi)

SoSlowDx
03-01-2004, 12:31 PM
I can only find Cherry Coke at 7-11...but yeah in the states they sell them in cans.

XylathaneGTR
03-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Lime Coke tastes like TOTAL SHIT!!!!!
You'd be better off drinking tap water in El Salvador...No joke.

T5_X
03-02-2004, 11:24 AM

i never said pop was healthy. its unhealthy yes, but not for any of the reasons u outlined.

yea i read your post after i posted mine, but the only thing in your post that has direct relevance to mine is the point that coke doesnt have hcl, but phosphoric acid instead. point taken man, i didnt know that. i was also pointing out that lots of other stuff has a lot of sugar too and that your teeth are stained by just about anything. thats why we dont overeat and brush our teeth. trust me will, i know exactly what ure talking about. the sugar thats food for the bacteria is sucrose, which Streptococccus mutans metabolizes into a few different byproducts which are bad for the enamel. about the caffeine, its "common knowledge" that its a diuretic, but a lot of scientists are still debating exactly how it works, why having caffeine pills dont make u pissy like pop does, and if it is a diuretic, how big the effects are. here are some links to a few papers regarding caffeine as a diuretic. im not sure if u can access the papers without a login/password though. (edit nm, these online journals wont let me link anything cuz they are all cgi)

Cool, I get your original point. I agree that there are far too many people that use scientific language in order to make their unresearched claims sound more factual. But I think you should cut Hockeybronx a little slack. He's a high school kid that has not had the benefit of a university education yet.... But then again you are the forum jackass so flame away :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
03-02-2004, 12:59 PM
He's a high school kid that has not had the benefit of a university education yet.... But then again you are the forum jackass so flame away :thumbsup: haha he actually PMed me betting that his first year gpa is higher than mine. :drama: on so many levels!

hockeybronx
03-02-2004, 09:44 PM
He's a high school kid that has not had the benefit of a university education yet.... But then again you are the forum jackass so flame away :thumbsup:

Actually first year post secondly, but let me tell you that I guarantee you size, weight, and age, will never give another brother the upper hand.

GTS Jeff
03-03-2004, 02:35 AM

Actually first year post secondly, but let me tell you that I guarantee you size, weight, and age, will never give another brother the upper hand. So you go to plumber school. :whocares:

hockeybronx
03-03-2004, 02:43 AM
So you go to plumber school. :whocares:

No I do not go to Plumber School. I go to Rocky Mountain Bible College in North Calgary, and am heading to SAIT next year for EMT-A.

Anyways the dude started the thread about Cherry Coke so perhaps for once we should stay on track.

GTS Jeff
03-03-2004, 02:54 AM

No I do not go to Plumber School. I go to Rocky Mountain Bible College in North Calgary, and am heading to SAIT next year for EMT-A.

Anyways the dude started the thread about Cherry Coke so perhaps for once we should stay on track. LOL you would dare to insult my education before, but now the truth is out, you are a first year bible college student!! :rofl:

///M3
03-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by legereandrew4

iv seen some1 do the steak in coke thing. and it didnt work, and it was for 3 days. did the same thing with hcl and that hardly did anything to the steak, just turned it brown.
and coke doesnt get rid of rust, but it does beat a chrome cleaner in cleaning a chrome bumper.
even the penny in the can of coke will still be there the next day. it will be damn clean, but still 100% normal.

finboy
03-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Ive always love cherry coke, whenever I go out my drink of choice is coke and grenadine:thumbsup:

rasberry flavored smirnoff with coke tastes a LOT like cherry coke, the same can be said for the vanilla flavoured stuff. tastes suprisingly good and you can barely taste any alky in it. one of the few drinks i can actually stand drinking if i'm just socializing

LOL you would dare to insult my education before, but now the truth is out, you are a first year bible college student!! :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: