PDA

View Full Version : Review: Metro Vac n Blo

flipstah
05-03-2013, 06:06 PM
After a recommendation within my Detailing Kit thread, I bought the vacuum/blower combo from Auto Obsessed in Edmonton.

Shipping was prompt but one of the attachments came in cracked upon shipment. I emailed them but no reply yet; sad.

Its not a big deal as there are others but I'd like to get a replacement.

Initial thoughts of the product:

For something of this size, its quite powerful as a vacuum but as a blower, its adequate. Its enough to get the Golf less dry but you still need a quick wipedown. Its just faster and easier this way.

The bag is small because after one run at the Golf, I filled it with gravel and dirt. Thanks, winter.

The attachments are plentiful, especially the small detail kit. I like that set because it cleans the little nooks and crannies, such as the seat wedges.

The scrubber attachment isn't that great; too soft bristles. It "wipes" rather than "scrubs".

I found the hose a tad short, especially when drying off the roof.

It gets hot after a while so I'd recommend to let it cool once in a while.

Other than that, its a good buy for $200!

schocker
05-03-2013, 08:27 PM
That sounds like a pretty negative review and you still recommend it :rofl:

flipstah
05-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Its a pass. I'd still buy it for $200. Its pretty cheap for what you get.

Theres just some things that could be better. :)

know1edge
05-03-2013, 11:32 PM
The only advantages this has over the ridgid I chose is the blowing function and size (and the micro attachments :O)

..but the ridgid is a wet vac too and cost less than 1/2

mgwatson
05-04-2013, 12:49 AM
It's a great little machine hey!

The "scrubber" attachment isn't for scrubbing at all lol, its just used to VERY gently agitate loose dirt and dust while vacuuming the dash areas and seats. It's not the proper attachment for vacuuming carpet if that's what you were using it for.

The blower I'd agree is a little lengthy to use if you plan on completely air drying your car, but where it really shines is drying your wheels! No more water spots after rinsing :) Also, it's great to blow out all the water from behind all your trim pieces and behind your side view mirrors, so when you start driving you don't end up with a bunch of water splatter everywhere from those places.

Vacuum bags are definitely tiny, but they do do the trick for one car.

And yes, the hose is annoyingly short, but that can be easily remedied with an extension for $20 i believe it is.

Cheers man! Happy detailing!

Already on my 4th car this weekend! Should start posting pics up here.

flipstah
05-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Mgwatson, I thought the blower was adequate because I was naively comparing it to the Caltex blower. You do bring valid points though!

I totally forgot to do before and after shots yesterday!

But it did take me 5 hrs to detail the Golf. Thanks, OCD... :rofl: