PDA

View Full Version : Best way to protect brand new cloth seats?

sxtasy
05-05-2013, 01:00 PM
So, new ride, cloth seats, grubby hands from kids, food drink etc. What is the best way to protect the seats? Scotch guard and seat covers? What does beyond recommend?

ExtraSlow
05-05-2013, 02:31 PM
For kids, seat covers. I got some waterproof cordura ones from shear comfort for my van, and they appear to be pretty much indestructible. My only gripe is that they aren't the same fabric on the back of them, so if they kids put their feet on the seat back, they could soak the mud and/or grime through them.

HiSpec
05-05-2013, 02:31 PM
https://www.detailersdomain.com/mobile/home.asp?#page-84

tom_9109
05-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Mix 1 gallon water with 1tbs semen. Pour in mister bottle and spritz all surfaces. Seats will look fantastic and nothing you get on them or spill on them subsequently will bug you even 1/10th as much.

sxtasy
05-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
For kids, seat covers. I got some waterproof cordura ones from shear comfort for my van, and they appear to be pretty much indestructible. My only gripe is that they aren't the same fabric on the back of them, so if they kids put their feet on the seat back, they could soak the mud and/or grime through them.
Looks like a pretty decent price as well. How is the fit on the covers? Did you order online or is there a dealer in town

Originally posted by HiSpec
https://www.detailersdomain.com/mobile/home.asp?#page-84
I see thousands of products, anything specific you recommend?

Originally posted by tom_9109
Mix 1 gallon water with 1tbs semen. Pour in mister bottle and spritz all surfaces. Seats will look fantastic and nothing you get on them or spill on them subsequently will bug you even 1/10th as much.

:rofl: semen :confused:
you're one of those guys who has his wife convinced that the stuff is good for everything. Cure for zits, cold sores, fabric protectant

ExtraSlow
05-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy
Looks like a pretty decent price as well. How is the fit on the covers? Did you order online or is there a dealer in town Ordered online. Fit for my odyssey is top notch. I believe they ship from Vancouver, so no UPS border brokerage hassles.

tom_9109
05-05-2013, 06:48 PM

:rofl: semen :confused:
you're one of those guys who has his wife convinced that the stuff is good for everything. Cure for zits, cold sores, fabric protectant

It's *your* wife I have convinced.:poosie:

sxtasy
05-05-2013, 07:25 PM
are you our mailman? Bastard, hittin you up for child support

D. Dub
05-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Do you guys cover your couches with plastic too?

sxtasy
05-05-2013, 07:54 PM
no, they are leather

HiSpec
05-05-2013, 08:33 PM
http://www.detailersdomain.com/Wolfs-Chemicals-Nano-Textile-Sealant_p_708.html

Sorry, didn't know the mobile site didn't give me the link to the product.

But here you go. Great product.

sxtasy
05-05-2013, 09:19 PM
dammit still cant see :cry:
Whats the name of the product?

HiSpec
05-05-2013, 10:22 PM
dammit still cant see :cry:
Whats the name of the product?

My bad again... try again.

ExtraSlow
05-06-2013, 07:48 AM
What's the cost of that stuff, and is there anywhere local that sells it?

HiSpec
05-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
What's the cost of that stuff, and is there anywhere local that sells it?

Unfortunately all the major canadian retailer doesn't carry that. Will have to order from DD.