PDA

View Full Version : che ba mau?

genesis0403
05-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Anyone know any place that makes good Che ba mau?

dj_rice
05-05-2013, 07:09 PM
I've tried it at Noodle World and Le Da. But I mean, how can you tell if its good at one place and bad at another?

Its not like pho soup stock that can differ with what ingredients they use and methods.

Cooked Rice
05-05-2013, 11:28 PM
I like them from Pho Quynh in Sunridge. I find some places make them very sloppy, red bean has the consistency like it's been sitting in the fridge all week etc. Some places don't even use shaved ice, and just make it with whole ice cubes. I prefer mine with shaved ice. For example the che ba mau at Basil is quite poor.

genesis0403
05-06-2013, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I've tried it at Noodle World and Le Da. But I mean, how can you tell if its good at one place and bad at another?

Its not like pho soup stock that can differ with what ingredients they use and methods.

Well I had them in Richmond night market when I lived in Vancouver and then I tried one in Pho Thanh and it tasted bad lol

genesis0403
05-06-2013, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
I like them from Pho Quynh in Sunridge. I find some places make them very sloppy, red bean has the consistency like it's been sitting in the fridge all week etc. Some places don't even use shaved ice, and just make it with whole ice cubes. I prefer mine with shaved ice. For example the che ba mau at Basil is quite poor.

Thanks for the info! Looks like you really like em as well haha

dj_rice
05-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by genesis0403

Well I had them in Richmond night market when I lived in Vancouver and then I tried one in Pho Thanh and it tasted bad lol

EVERYTHING tastes better at the Richmond Night Market. No comparison. Damn I want some takoyaki now