PDA

View Full Version : New, preface and questions.

dday
02-19-2004, 08:03 PM
New to the forum and generally new to cars. I currently own a 1953 Ford Customline with a flathead. I currently don’t have possession of my license due to age requirements, although I should be obtaining it within 30 days; as I’ll be the age of 16. I’ve recently had aspirations of purchasing a 1967 Mustang Fastback with hopes of cleaning up the old body and frame and adding a few things, things ill attempt to list below although my terms and overall demeanor may be a bit off, I ask you give me a break because I quite frankly don’t know a lot about cars.

I was hoping to put in a possible 428 Interceptor, although as I’ve been reading I may be better off to put in a 350 or another small block engine and lose considerable amounts of weight without losing the 428’s horsepower dramatically. I wanted to put in a quick change rear end in hopes to be able to pull 11’s in quarter miles but also not demolish my engine and car when trying to open highway it for considerable distances.

I wanted to ask also if anyone has had experiences with X pipe headers and if it was possible to manipulate the headers coming directly out of the engine so that I could pull the headers away from the X pipe with possibly a flip of a switch so that when I was trying to do quarter miles or street race it would not only sound good but blow the exhaust without pressuring the X pipe and destroying the exhaust. If anything I said didn’t make since its probably because of my lack of knowledge not yours so any advice would be great.

dday.