PDA

View Full Version : Trading question: How to buy a car from my friend after he leaves Canada?

torre_lui_boas
05-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Hi there,

So, my friend is selling his car because he's going to the U.S. in August, but I won't get back to Canada until early-September. If I decide to buy it, how can we still finish this deal then?

BTW,
1.I already know that car's condition but I still need to try it before paying the full amount.
2. We're in Ontario.
3.We're not Citizens of CA but I have a trusted Canadian friend would like to help me.

Any help would be great. Thanks a lot!

spikerS
05-08-2013, 09:13 AM
:facepalm:

Your locations are going to mean very little. Just work the timing out with the seller. Don't ever complicate things.

G-ZUS
05-08-2013, 09:18 AM
^ What he said

torre_lui_boas
05-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Thanks for replying. We can't match our schedule for meeting for sure...all the flights tickets are booked:rofl:

lilmira
05-08-2013, 09:28 AM
The seller most definitely doesn't have to be there as long as you get the part of his registration and the bill of sale. I don't even think the new owner has to be there to get his registration. I remember the dealership did it for me one time when I bought a car, probably with copy of DL, insurance paper, purchase contract.

How much faith do you have on doing this without being there? Only you can answer.

torre_lui_boas
05-08-2013, 09:48 AM
thanks !

Originally posted by lilmira
The seller most definitely doesn't have to be there as long as you get the part of his registration and the bill of sale. I don't even think the new owner has to be there to get his registration. I remember the dealership did it for me one time when I bought a car, probably with copy of DL, insurance paper, purchase contract.

How much faith do you have on doing this without being there? Only you can answer.

G-ZUS
05-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by lilmira

Ontario does it differently than Alberta, what works here might not work there.

lilmira
05-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Yeah, it wouldn't hurt to send a buddy to your local registry to confirm what you need.