PDA

View Full Version : Exchanging rogers phone after 30 mins usage?

LollerBrader
05-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Want to exchange phone. Am within 15 day window, but just over the 30 mins of usage limit.

Is it possible to exchange, perhaps paying a penalty, or is it a non starter?

403ep3
05-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Most stores will tell you SOL if they are really strict. How much over the 30minutes did you go over? When I worked in tele I took back phones if the usage was reasonable.

LollerBrader
05-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3
Most stores will tell you SOL if they are really strict. How much over the 30minutes did you go over? When I worked in tele I took back phones if the usage was reasonable.

Prolly 45. It's the wife's phone. Mine is at like 10 mins.

Bought same day.

JfuckinC
05-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by LollerBrader

Prolly 45. It's the wife's phone. Mine is at like 10 mins.

Bought same day.

if its the same phone return yours, swap the numbers and get her a new one??

403ep3
05-08-2013, 01:55 PM
^^Yeah that's your best bet if they are strict with their policy.

LollerBrader
05-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

if its the same phone return yours, swap the numbers and get her a new one??

We're both getting new phones. She got Z10, I got Q10.

Its our preference to keep our phones the same.

We're both wanting to go to iphone.

anarchy
05-08-2013, 02:52 PM

We're both wanting to go to iphone.

Well there's your first mistake.

Haha jk. I don't know - whenever I've returned a phone (which admittedly isn't often), they've never checked the minutes I've used, especially within the 15 day window. They've only looked at the physical condition of the phone and if it was mint, it was good to go.

LollerBrader
05-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by anarchy

Well there's your first mistake.

Haha jk. I don't know - whenever I've returned a phone (which admittedly isn't often), they've never checked the minutes I've used, especially within the 15 day window. They've only looked at the physical condition of the phone and if it was mint, it was good to go.

Good to know - I'm gonna try.

sh0ko
05-08-2013, 03:54 PM

Good to know - I'm gonna try.

they phone in to rogers customer service and can track your usage accuratley on the phone... i just returned the biggest pos paper weight they call an iphone and they phone in and check

rage2
05-08-2013, 04:13 PM
People still make phone calls on their cell phones? :rofl:

Looking at my call history, I've had a whopping 13 mins of usage in the last 2 weeks.

roopi
05-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by sh0ko

they phone in to rogers customer service and can track your usage accuratley on the phone... i just returned the biggest pos paper weight they call an iphone and they phone in and check

Can't you just say you had your sim in another phone for those minutes?

EK69
05-09-2013, 08:35 AM
They can track usage by specific imei is what I was told.
Whether they bother to check or not is up to the store I guess

Reset the call timer before u go in and see what happens lol
And report back for future reference

LollerBrader
05-09-2013, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by roopi

Can't you just say you had your sim in another phone for those minutes?

That's a bit too dishonest for my taste.... Not to judge, but just not my style.

In any case, trade-in was accepted for one phone, but denied for the other. So I just kept both. Easier if wife and I using same phone.

Tik-Tok
05-09-2013, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by rage2
People still make phone calls on their cell phones? :rofl:

Was going to say, the only time I use mine for phone calls is when I'm too lazy to get off the couch, lol.

spikerS
05-09-2013, 08:50 AM
I prefer to use the phone. I fucking hate spending 20 mins to send text back and forth when a 2 min phone conversation would do better.

Texting is the only backwards step in technology I can think of.

Tik-Tok
05-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by spikers
I prefer to use the phone. I fucking hate spending 20 mins to send text back and forth when a 2 min phone conversation would do better.

Texting is the only backwards step in technology I can think of.

I find the opposite. I'd rather have a 10 sec. text conversation, then a 10min. phone call that's filled with irrelevant information.

IE: Wife needs something from the store on my way home from work, she texts me, I text back "Ok".

Wife needs something from the store, she calls me, "How's your day going?....blahblahblah..... (10 minutes later)...... oh, and can you pick up some milk on your way home?"

KRyn
05-09-2013, 08:56 AM

That's a bit too dishonest for my taste.... Not to judge, but just not my style.

In any case, trade-in was accepted for one phone, but denied for the other. So I just kept both. Easier if wife and I using same phone.

You got a Q10 for sale at a discounted used price? :D

spikerS
05-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I find the opposite. I'd rather have a 10 sec. text conversation, then a 10min. phone call that's filled with irrelevant information.

IE: Wife needs something from the store on my way home from work, she texts me, I text back "Ok".

Wife needs something from the store, she calls me, "How's your day going?....blahblahblah..... (10 minutes later)...... oh, and can you pick up some milk on your way home?"

your wife talks too much.

I agree. If you need something quick, shoot me a quick text, but if it is going to take more than 3 texts each back and forth, just fucking call me.

Tik-Tok
05-09-2013, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by spikers

your wife talks too much.

The only woman in history that didn't talk too much, is Helen Keller :rofl:

anarchy
05-09-2013, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by sh0ko

Really? I find that odd - your sim card could have been in any phone at the time. As far as I know, they can't tell what device you used those mins on (at least not without some effort). The only real accurate way of tracking mins is the life timer which you can reset I think?

Either way, I don't see how an extra 45 mins of talking makes any difference - seems like a silly thing to be picky about in the first place. Maybe years ago but like Rage2 said, who uses their phone to talk anyways haha. It should be based on the physical condition of the phone and within a time limit, but that's another topic altogether.

SlickA70
05-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Managers discretion, bottom line.

That's 6 years in the industry.

403ep3
05-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by anarchy

Really? I find that odd - your sim card could have been in any phone at the time. As far as I know, they can't tell what device you used those mins on (at least not without some effort). The only real accurate way of tracking mins is the life timer which you can reset I think?

Either way, I don't see how an extra 45 mins of talking makes any difference - seems like a silly thing to be picky about in the first place. Maybe years ago but like Rage2 said, who uses their phone to talk anyways haha. It should be based on the physical condition of the phone and within a time limit, but that's another topic altogether.

It might not make a difference on the actual condition of the phone but it might be a deal breaker when it comes to reselling it. I was in the industry for many years and selling a slightly used phone to a customer could break a sale if it was your last one in stock.

Personally I would never want to buy a used phone, especially at full price.