PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Shows

sabad66
05-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Gf and I are going to Vegas for Canada Day long weekend and the package included 2 tickets to one of the following shows:
- Zarkana Cirque at Aria
- Brad Garrett's Comedy Club MGM
- Blue Man Group
- Criss Angel Luxor
- KA Cirque MGM
- The Beatles LOVE Cirque Mirage
- Tournament of Kings Excalibur
- Zumanity Cirque at NY NY
-Terry Fator Mirage

Has anyone been to any of these shows and can help me pick?

Thanks

403ep3
05-09-2013, 11:54 PM
I'd say ka or try the newest show zarkana.

Terry is funny but you can get pretty cheap tix for him.

InRich
05-10-2013, 12:18 AM
KA is amazing... I'd be tempted to try the new Zarkana though.

austic
05-10-2013, 07:19 AM
Depends on what your interested in.

If you choose Zumanity be prepared for some pretty wild times that night :poosie:

403ep3
05-10-2013, 07:41 AM
- Zarkana Cirque at Aria - Pretty much brand new still, worth a see. Tickets are one of the most expensive still so maybe use your free ones here.
- Brad Garrett's Comedy Club MGM - I'd assume these can be had for cheap
- Blue Man Group - Heard it was good but its a really old show
- Criss Angel Luxor - Heard its okay.. usual criss angel stuff you see on tv
- KA Cirque MGM - One of my Top 3 shows
- The Beatles LOVE Cirque Mirage - Heard its good but you have to like the beatles
- Tournament of Kings Excalibur - not really worth the "free" tickets lol
- Zumanity Cirque at NY NY - I haven't seen this yet but will probably go see it when I go
-Terry Fator Mirage - Absolutely hilarious and Terry puts on a good show

parapara_vince
05-10-2013, 11:01 AM
I would definately pick KA as one of the tickets.

Zumanity is pretty wild and different kind of Cirque.
Lots of sexual jokes and reference and they got a midget performer who can do some crazy moves.

I would stay away from Criss Angel as all my friends doesn't like it and I've read some bad reviews. I haven't been there personally but knowing the bad reviews I would never pay $60+ for it. Maybe worth a try if you got free ticket.

403ep3
05-10-2013, 11:07 AM
To add: There are instances when a show takes a several day hiatus..check to see if the shows you want are even playing when you're there.

Moonracer
05-10-2013, 12:16 PM
+1 for KA
+1 for Blueman gp.
Both were excellent

CCM Pro
05-10-2013, 12:50 PM
I know you did not add this in but I watched David Copperfield at MGM last summer and WOW! Amazing show...if you are into magic...I was actually selected to go on stage and was in his final act. Such a wicked time and fairly cheap tickets.

Cheers.

eblend
05-10-2013, 01:01 PM
From that either KA or Zoomanity.

I have seen KA but not Zoomanity, will be watching it in August.

KA is pretty impressive for sure, heard good things about Zoomanity, Blue Man group is good but doesn't compare to cirque shows, the Beatles is my least favorite cirque show I have seen (I watch them all....haha), and I love the Beatles as a band, but the show was kind of boring.

So yah, KA or zoomanity, Zoomanity is very adult themed.

bubbley
05-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Have you seen O at Bellagio?

I am not into shows but this one was really good, I enjoyed it.

Also, check out the shooting range. They will pick you up and take you, forget the name but it's very close to the strip. A bit pricey but alot of fun, lots of ladies go there as well.

Masked Bandit
05-10-2013, 02:36 PM
We were just in Vegas in March and saw three Cirque shows, Love, Zumanity & O. We've probably seen 10 Cirque shows over the years and Love was BY FAR my least favourite. O & Zumanity can't really be compared as they are completely different shows but if I had to pick just one it would be O. Zumanity pushes the bounds of what is comfortable to watch in public with a bunch of strangers. It's mostly an older crowd (45+).

whiskas
05-10-2013, 02:57 PM
If you're going with the GF go for zoomanity, and spring for the front row seats if you can.

eblend
05-10-2013, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by bubbley
Have you seen O at Bellagio?

I am not into shows but this one was really good, I enjoyed it.

Also, check out the shooting range. They will pick you up and take you, forget the name but it's very close to the strip. A bit pricey but alot of fun, lots of ladies go there as well.

Unfortunatelly O isn't on his list (it's also the most expensive one when I went, front row was like $700 bucks or something), but it definatelly the coolest cirq show i have ever seen.

403ep3
05-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by eblend

Unfortunatelly O isn't on his list (it's also the most expensive one when I went, front row was like $700 bucks or something), but it definatelly the coolest cirq show i have ever seen.

Wow you got hosed if you paid 700 for front row to O. I went with like a group of 15 and we had pretty much the whole front and center of the stage. The tickets were only $144 a piece but that was 4 years ago

AudiPWR
05-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Absinthe was my favorite show in Vegas, tickets are cheap and its in a small tent outside of Ceasars Palace. It was just too fucking funny. KA was really good too, but I find that the cirque shows get a little repetitive after seeing over 10 of them. I would use the tix for KA and Zarkana as they will be the most pricey and hardest to get your hands on. I really recommend seeing Marc Savard the commedy hypnotist one day too, you can probably find free tickets on the strip and the show was non-stop laughs.

eblend
05-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3

Wow you got hosed if you paid 700 for front row to O. I went with like a group of 15 and we had pretty much the whole front and center of the stage. The tickets were only $144 a piece but that was 4 years ago

Mine was a while ago as well, and I don't remember exactly how much it was, but I know it was more expensive than the other shows. It might have been $350 total vs per person, don't recall haha, but regardless, the show was great, sit in the splash zone :D

InRich
05-11-2013, 12:02 AM
0 is fucking junk....
Dude... trust my taste... go see KA
if you hate it PM me i'll send you 100 bucks.

JAYMEZ
05-11-2013, 12:17 AM
The Beatles one was really well done. KA is def good and O was good . Id just see what the deals are on, and go with one thats playing the day you want to go out.. They are all pretty damn amazing!

Myrrinda
05-13-2013, 09:14 AM
So I'm the only one who didn't like KA? O was ok, but of all of the Cirque shows I've seen, I actually thought Amaluna was the best so far!

Le Reve is the best Vegas show I've seen, but unfortunately it's not on the list.

fly_26
05-14-2013, 12:30 PM
As the poster above mentioned, Le Reve is the best one I've seen out of Le Reve, O, Ka and Zumanity.

Would highly recommend.

sabad66
05-14-2013, 12:57 PM
I ended up booking Zarkana with the free tickets since it was the most expensive, but I will probably check out KA or La Reve as well after hearing your reviews. Thx all.

403ep3
05-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by AudiPWR
Absinthe was my favorite show in Vegas, tickets are cheap and its in a small tent outside of Ceasars Palace. It was just too fucking funny. KA was really good too, but I find that the cirque shows get a little repetitive after seeing over 10 of them. I would use the tix for KA and Zarkana as they will be the most pricey and hardest to get your hands on. I really recommend seeing Marc Savard the commedy hypnotist one day too, you can probably find free tickets on the strip and the show was non-stop laughs.

+1million for Absinthe. One of the best "shows" there. FUcking hilarious and crude. FYI: If you can't take crude and obnoxious humour = this show is not for you.

Originally posted by InRich
0 is fucking junk....
Dude... trust my taste... go see KA
if you hate it PM me i'll send you 100 bucks.

KA is good but "O" is not junk lol. Junk = Criss Angel, Carrot Top

Originally posted by Myrrinda
So I'm the only one who didn't like KA? O was ok, but of all of the Cirque shows I've seen, I actually thought Amaluna was the best so far!

Le Reve is the best Vegas show I've seen, but unfortunately it's not on the list.

La Reve was good. You'll like it a lot more if you like watching people dance

eblend
05-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by fly_26
As the poster above mentioned, Le Reve is the best one I've seen out of Le Reve, O, Ka and Zumanity.

Would highly recommend.

Is Le Reve still around? I saw the mention of that other show at the Wynn so I thought it replaced le reve. Definatelly want to check it out this year.

Myrrinda
05-15-2013, 09:17 AM

Is Le Reve still around? I saw the mention of that other show at the Wynn so I thought it replaced le reve. Definatelly want to check it out this year.

Yep, it's still there.

http://www.wynnlasvegas.com/Shows/LeReve/Videos

FullFledgedYYC
05-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Love was really good, but I am a huge Beatles fan. There is not a ton of acrobatics like other Cirque shows, it's more about telling a story.

403ep3
05-15-2013, 11:46 AM

What other show were you talking about?