PDA

View Full Version : TransCanada

Deeznuts
05-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Anyone here work at TransCanada and want to comment on work hours, vacation, share/rrsp plans, benefits, perks, etc?
And do you guys think job security is more stable with a producer like TC compared to an EPC?

Disoblige
05-10-2013, 10:17 AM
You typically see more stringent interview processes with producers than with EPCs. They look into the long term for their employees. Not saying EPCs don't, but producers do so more.

Job security is safer with a producer than an EPC in most cases if you're comparing big companies.

ExtraSlow
05-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Just a heads-up. TransCanada is NOT a producer. They are a midstreamer. Don't make that mistake in the interview.

jwslam
05-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Just a heads-up. TransCanada is NOT a producer. They are a midstreamer. Don't make that mistake in the interview.
This was my thought too.. since when does TCPL produce anything.

Deeznuts
05-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by jwslam

This was my thought too.. since when does TCPL produce anything.

Haha that's what I thought too shortly after posting... Think I was thinking Talisman for some reason. :nut:

GOnSHO
05-10-2013, 02:00 PM
i work TCPL and its a great company! benefits rock as you can really customize them to your needs. Pay seems to be on par if not better than most other oil & Gas companies. Vacation depends on your experience, but you start with 3 weeks.. but add in the 12 personal days a year and designated days off (paid for fulltime employees)...

been here 3 years and love it!

Deeznuts
05-10-2013, 04:21 PM
^ pm'd

bourge73
05-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Thread hijack. The next time a scheduling
Job comes up at tcpl I'm applying working
At CP is getting just stupid lately.

rinny
05-12-2013, 11:37 AM
A friend recently started as an EIT there.

He had worked a co-op there previously for 16 months. Because of this he got an extra 7k on his salary.

His salary is 77k to start. Gets 3 weeks vacay plus those 12 flex days that were talked about above. He had his moving expenses covered, including moving services, flights to find a place etc. Gets stock options or whatever, not sure about RRSP.

All in all seems like they pay quite well.

Aleks
05-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by rinny
A friend recently started as an EIT there.

He had worked a co-op there previously for 16 months. Because of this he got an extra 7k on his salary.

His salary is 77k to start. Gets 3 weeks vacay plus those 12 flex days that were talked about above. He had his moving expenses covered, including moving services, flights to find a place etc. Gets stock options or whatever, not sure about RRSP.

All in all seems like they pay quite well.

All of this is on par with what any decent producer will give you to start as well.