PDA

View Full Version : Radar Chart on Excel

summerlove.xo
05-10-2013, 01:37 PM
Hi guys,

I'm using a radar chart on excel to plot a 24 hour day on it. The chart comes up circular on excel but when I print it, the chart shape gets distorted into an oval. Does anyone know why it does this and how to fix it??

I could fix this by printing and measuring the size of the width and the length physically with a ruler.. And then adjusting the measurements on excel.. and then repeating the steps until I get a perfect circle. However.. I am hoping someone else knows of a better way. :)

Thanks!

woodywoodford
05-10-2013, 02:42 PM
I can't remember the exact issue, but I know printing charts often gets distorted if you don't have the right settings on. Select the chart, then in the Chart format ribbon, click that little arrow thing by Size -> Properties, then select that its "Move and size with cells"

summerlove.xo
05-10-2013, 03:27 PM
I think the setting is originally set to "Move and size with cells".

I forgot to mention a step, I'm actually copying the radar chart from one excel spreadsheet and pasting into another excel file as a PNG. Either way, on excel it looks circular and when I print it, it looks distorted. I'll play around with those settings again but I tried yesterday with no success.

summerlove.xo
05-10-2013, 03:35 PM
So it actually prints circular (yay!) when I print the radar chart straight from the original excel file (set to "Move and size with cells"). I guess the issue occurs when I copy and paste this chart into another excel file as a PNG. If it helps, I am printing on a tabloid and landscape.