PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance, Cheapest for 2-Way?

kpnowak
05-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Hey,

I'm new to these forums, but have heard great things! I just purchased a 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GTP for my sister, but the insurance for her at my current broker (Allstate) is pretty ridiculous. I was simply looking for some references that experienced people may have. Looking for a cheaper, but still effective broker. Thanks in advance!

-P.S - I cruised through 10 pages of searched items and couldn't find anything, so I apologize if this topic has been covered before!

drtoohotty1
05-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Touchstone Insurance

Suite 241, 251 Midpark Blvd SE
Calgary, Alberta
T2X 1S3

Bill Eckhart (403) 457-5758

:closed:

RickDaTuner
05-11-2013, 12:34 PM
I would say TD Monex Meloche, especially if you are part of a professional organization.

lamp_shade_2000
05-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
I would say TD Monex Meloche, especially if you are part of a professional organization.

I'm with meloche monnex as well. When I went price shopping 2 years ago everyone else was quoting clost to or double the price I was currently paying. I have also made 2 claims with meloche monnex and been looked after very well both times. Hope this helps.

FraserB
05-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Talk to Ray at 1Up Insurance.

schocker
05-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
I was with TDMM for years on the aset plan and they wanted as much for my pos Volvo with out collision as I was paying on my g35 fully covered. Then when they corrected my rate as they had me down as 24 instead of 25, it went down $2/yr. I left over a year for touchstone, now I pay about 60% of what TD wanted. I do have my house insured on that tdmm group as it was the cheapest I found by far but did go up 33% because of all the weather last year and a revised metric.

Maybelater
05-11-2013, 02:07 PM
TD is garbage, garbage service.

Johnson Insurance
http://www1.johnson.ca/

bourge73
05-11-2013, 03:34 PM
I ve had great pricing and service through RBC :thumbsup:

tom_9109
05-11-2013, 05:25 PM
I swear to god I'm gonna pistol whip the next person to say 2-way insurance.

Tik-Tok
05-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Can someone help me get a 3-way? The good kind, not the bad kind.

Maybelater
05-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Can someone help me get a 3-way? The good kind, not the bad kind.

Only true ballers have 4-way

speedog
05-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by tom_9109
I swear to god I'm gonna pistol whip the next person to say 2-way insurance.
To be honest, I had never heard of the term "2-way" insurance before being on the beyond forums - to me, it's always been PLPD, collision and comprehensive.

Is this "2-way" and "1-way" insurance terminology possibly something they've been teaching people in certain driving schools?

dubhead
05-12-2013, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Maybelater
TD is garbage, garbage service.

Johnson Insurance
http://www1.johnson.ca/

Johnson has always treated me well

kpnowak
05-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Thanks for all the input! I'll definitely be calling around to a few of these places tomorrow!

Originally posted by speedog

To be honest, I had never heard of the term "2-way" insurance before being on the beyond forums - to me, it's always been PLPD, collision and comprehensive.

Is this "2-way" and "1-way" insurance terminology possibly something they've been teaching people in certain driving schools?

This is simply the terminology that my broker uses when describing comprehensive & collision. 2-Way covers both vehicles, 1-Way covers the other party when you are the cause of an accident. It's just the vocabulary I've become accustomed to! But, the other fellow can still feel free to pistol whip me =P

AndyL
05-12-2013, 11:14 AM
:dunno: bill at touchstone... he's a sponsor (and actually covers your ass, not selling you 1/2 the amount you need - so you get a 'low' price and end up screwed if something happens)

tom_9109
05-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by speedog

Maybe, i personally think its a case of the blind teaching the blind though.

Sugarphreak
05-12-2013, 12:01 PM

whydontchathen
05-12-2013, 12:29 PM
2-way and 1-way ins is the way I learned about coverage way back in the old days, mid 70s.

btw tom_9109, what don't you like about these terms?

tom_9109
05-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by whydontchathen
2-way and 1-way ins is the way I learned about coverage way back in the old days, mid 70s.

btw tom_9109, what don't you like about these terms?

Because in the world of insurance these terms have absolutely no meaning and aren't descriptive of the coverages actually provided.

Masked Bandit
05-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by tom_9109

Because in the world of insurance these terms have absolutely no meaning and aren't descriptive of the coverages actually provided.

We hear it ALLLLLLLL the time. It's more common amongst non-Canadian born peeps or those with immigrant parents. We get the basic idea of what they're after and just make sure we clarify the coverage with the customer so they truly understand what they're buying. We sure can't expect the general public to know the right lingo. Hell, I don't even like the industry lingo!

tom_9109
05-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit

We hear it ALLLLLLLL the time. It's more common amongst non-Canadian born peeps or those with immigrant parents. We get the basic idea of what they're after and just make sure we clarify the coverage with the customer so they truly understand what they're buying. We sure can't expect the general public to know the right lingo. Hell, I don't even like the industry lingo!

There are a few instances where brokers have dealt on 'common names' and been included in the lawsuits post loss. Crazy world.

relyt92
05-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1
Touchstone Insurance

Suite 241, 251 Midpark Blvd SE
Calgary, Alberta
T2X 1S3

Bill Eckhart (403) 457-5758

:closed: Have had nothing but good experiences with Bill also. I cannot compare to Meloche Monnex as I am not part of any applicable group, but Bill has got me cheaper than anything else I've been able to find myself.

realazy
05-15-2013, 04:16 PM
Another vote for Touchstone!

Switched from TDMM last year to Aviva through Touchstone and saved $500 (25%) a year with lower deductibles.

When I turned 25, TDMM told me my insurance went up $50 because of the approved increase and there's no discount on age!

I was through APEGA too, and they keep telling me that it's the "best" rate.

MustangSVT
05-15-2013, 04:25 PM
I have TDMM discount through APEGGA, and in my case it was the absolute best rate I could find. I did however do a quote recently through Bill at Touchstone as well though, and it's definitely comparable, so it's probably worth calling him up.

GS430
05-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Either Ray @ 1Up Insurance or Bill/Darren @ Touchstone.

Both extremely great to deal with, and saved me money.