PDA

View Full Version : digitalcam

jus_sum_guy
02-19-2004, 11:13 PM
my first time trying to use a digital camera on my comp. I installed the driver, etc as it says. Now i'm suppose to have a folder containing my pics in the "my computer" location. I can't get it to come up. I don't know exactly what i'm asking lol. but what am i doing wrong

Ekliptix
02-20-2004, 12:44 AM
When you connect your camera to the computer using the included cable you need to turn your camera on, possible in the 'play' or 'view' mode.

There might be a sound indicating something has connected to your PC.

Go into My Computer and look for a new drive that is not normally there.
This is the computer looking at the memory card on the camera. You can open this drive and copy and paste the pictures from the camera's memory card onto the computer's hard drive.

hope that was helpful.

jus_sum_guy
02-20-2004, 01:21 AM
yea when i plug it in, the LCD screen on the camera says "USB mode" then i go check the 'my computer' thing and it's still the same old drives and folders

Khyron
02-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Look for a new drive, like the H drive or the X drive - it may be down the screen. It should be a removable drive. There should also be a icon that appears down by your clock as soon as you plug the camera in.

If not, maybe your USB port isn't working?

Khyron

xkon
02-20-2004, 11:53 AM
on my 2k computer my s400 doesnt show up there -- i have to access it using the camera and scanner wizard from the control panel