PDA

View Full Version : Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (tv show)

Vagabond142
05-14-2013, 06:57 PM
First trailer released. Discuss

T3T-evQZiQo

LongCity
05-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Discussion: Chloe Bennet - I want her.

Vagabond142
05-14-2013, 07:46 PM
BTW... what's the bet that the hooded guy in the trailer is Luke Cage?

Xtrema
05-14-2013, 07:59 PM
This show is going to be as close to a Firefly return I'm going to get, I'll take it.

It's almost sounds like a farm for Marvel to see what sticks and take to the theater next.

JordanEG6
05-15-2013, 11:43 AM
I'm 50/50 on this. It seems okay, but I'd like more notable characters to be on the show. They should at least have Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders) full time since HIMYM is wrapping up pretty quick.

I hear Luke Cage will have a pretty big part in it.

Vagabond142
05-15-2013, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
I'm 50/50 on this. It seems okay, but I'd like more notable characters to be on the show. They should at least have Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders) full time since HIMYM is wrapping up pretty quick.

I hear Luke Cage will have a pretty big part in it.

They've "confirmed" that Maria Hill will be in it, not very much at the start but they have stated that she will make "more than one appearance."

Now if they can get SLJ (As Director Fury) to make a cameo, instant guaranteed success :D

Smartiepants
05-15-2013, 01:16 PM
I think it's got good potential - downfall of Joss Whedon shows have always been in my mind getting the critical mass needed to keep on the air. Having the backing of the Marvel name should help.

I've always loved his one liners and hope he gets them into this.

Quiet10
05-15-2013, 02:20 PM
Extremely stoked to see this. Looks pretty promising.

Markll7
05-15-2013, 02:36 PM
Joss Whedon is back !! Hurrah !!

taemo
05-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by LongCity
Discussion: Chloe Bennet - I want her.

this, probably the only reason I will be watching this.

based on the traile, it's just a meh to me :dunno:, gives me the Heroes 2 vibe

Vagabond142
05-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Smartiepants
I think it's got good potential - downfall of Joss Whedon shows have always been in my mind getting the critical mass needed to keep on the air. Having the backing of the Marvel name should help.

I've always loved his one liners and hope he gets them into this.

Couple of good ones in the trailer. "What does that mean to you?" "That someone really wanted their initials to spell S.H.I.E.L.D."

eiysa101
10-23-2013, 08:55 AM
http://images.starpulse.com/pictures/2013/05/20/previews/Chloe%20Bennet-AES-096675.jpg

Do a crossover with Beauty & Beast and a halfer lesbian scene. Throw in Nikita for whatever reason.

Watched the episode last night with no knowledge. Reminded me if a CW series.

flipstah
10-23-2013, 09:02 AM
Mmm... Skye... :poosie:

sputnik
10-23-2013, 09:26 AM
Here is my opinion of the show.

Skye is hot.

The rest of the show is weak and predictable.

woodywoodford
10-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
Here is my opinion of the show.

Skye is hot.

The rest of the show is weak and predictable.

This. The sad part is that's all it takes for me to watch it every week. Of course there's nothing else on at 9 o'clock, brooklyn nine nine isn't on until 9:30 but by then I'm too invested in Shield to switch :banghead:

firebane
10-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

They've "confirmed" that Maria Hill will be in it, not very much at the start but they have stated that she will make "more than one appearance."

Now if they can get SLJ (As Director Fury) to make a cameo, instant guaranteed success :D

He does make a cameo :D

flipstah
10-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by eiysa101
http://www.sawfirst.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Chloe-Bennet-Disney-Media-Networks-International-Upfronts-Burbank-4.jpg

Do a crossover with Beauty & Beast and a halfer lesbian scene. Throw in Nikita for whatever reason.

Watched the episode last night with no knowledge. Reminded me if a CW series.

Something we came up with on last night's show:

Skye is Agent Phil and Melinda May's daughter, redacted by SHIELD.

max_boost
10-23-2013, 01:17 PM
Mixed Asian girls are so good looking. :love:

spikerS
10-23-2013, 01:29 PM
I don't know why everyone has to pick apart shows that are meant to check your brain at the door, and just be entertained.

FYI, interesting theory flipstah, I kinda like it.

I am of the mind that Agent Phil did indeed die on the airship aircraft carrier in the Avengers movie, and that Fury maybe cloned him or whatever. Wondering when they are going to let that bomb be delivered.

But whatever, I am enjoying the show, even without the big name heroes in it, but I like that they have left every door open to be open for Cameo appearances.

awesome show regardless!

sputnik
10-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by spikers
I am of the mind that Agent Phil did indeed die on the airship aircraft carrier in the Avengers movie, and that Fury maybe cloned him or whatever. Wondering when they are going to let that bomb be delivered.

I think that was pretty obvious by the end of the first episode.

The only question left is

if he is a clone, android, hologram, alien, reptilian...

HHURICANE1
10-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Just not feeling the love for this show. There was hope for it at the beginning but it just doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I'll reserve final judgment until after this weeks episode but I get the feeling it's going to be taken off the PVR list.

403Gemini
10-23-2013, 05:21 PM
I removed it off my PVR last night, this show is a complete flop.

It's like a watered down version of Fringe meets Heroes. We'll never see any tangible heroes or villains for fear it will steal a possible movie franchise , so we're left with them eluding to characters and making up heroes and bogus/bullshit plots.

Not to mention the george lucas caliber of writing :

"Did you just call me dumbass? I taught you everything you know!"

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Ive missed you so much! "
(All from the same scene)

Vagabond142
10-23-2013, 07:23 PM
hmm... still on a very rickety fence about the show :|

Feruk
10-23-2013, 08:36 PM
People are still watching? I watched the pilot and stopped there. This is honestly one of the worst shows I've ever seen.... Ever.

firebane
10-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Feruk
People are still watching? I watched the pilot and stopped there. This is honestly one of the worst shows I've ever seen.... Ever.

Worst show ever? You must not have watched The Following :P

I'm just glad Arrow is on again if this show flops.. but I'm hoping it doesn't. It doesn't have potential.

spikerS
10-23-2013, 08:45 PM
wow, i gotta say I am pretty shocked. I thought the shows were good...

Maybe it just doesn't take much to entertain me, but then I was never one to look for plot holes, or feasibility. I just look to be entertained.

soupey
10-23-2013, 10:09 PM
i started watching it not expecting a new breaking bad, if anything something like heroes...hopefully as good as season 1...

i think it's still starting up a plot line that will stay consistent...they need a bigger antagonist than one that's just there each episode and is resolved (or 90% resolved) by the end of it, it's going to get boring quick if there's no skylar equivalent to drive the story to a climax

Vagabond142
10-27-2013, 11:40 AM
Of the comic book shows... I honestly think that Arrow is much better for a longer story arc with smaller arcs per show. I think SHIELD is trying to emulate the shows of the early 90's where each episode was its own arc, with a subplot running through a few episodes.

Still.... I'll give it three more episodes before I decide which side of the fence to jump

MGCM
10-27-2013, 02:20 PM
i think too many ppl will continue trying to compare it to Avengers/Thor/Ironman/Captain America, and if it doesn't match up ppl will hate it.

403Gemini
10-30-2013, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by MGCM
i think too many ppl will continue trying to compare it to Avengers/Thor/Ironman/Captain America, and if it doesn't match up ppl will hate it.

Why shouldn't they? People will accept the special effects will be a lower budget, as will the actors - but the writing should be sufficient.

Okay... I think I'm going to get crucified by the flaming nerds on this board (even though I am one...) but I'll say it - I'm tired of Joss Whedon. Before Avengers came out I was talking to a few artists at comic con who said Joss Whedon had A LOT pulled back from him during production because he wanted a lot of cheesey fight scenes/dialogue (which quite a bit snuck through still) - so after watching Avengers knowing the creative process wasn't all him, I could see it.

Watching Agents of SHIELD, it makes it even more nauseatingly clear that he needs a baby sitter. His directing talent has not evolved since Buffy the Vampire slayer. What I found enjoyable and entertaining 15 years ago DOES NOT hold up today. His ridiculous dialogue, while nostalgic and fun in Firefly / Buffy , does not fly when super hero movies are trying to feel more gritty/realistic , and I use the term 'realistic' loosely.

Best review i could find that hits every nail on the head:

9zEUJ4nbnz4

MGCM
09-17-2014, 09:59 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: my PVR fuked me on the season 2 opener, anyone seen a torrent copy or stream copy posted yet?

firebane
09-17-2014, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by MGCM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: my PVR fuked me on the season 2 opener, anyone seen a torrent copy or stream copy posted yet?

Season 2 of Marvel isn't out till the 23rd. Anything your watching isn't legit yet.

MGCM
09-18-2014, 12:20 AM
hmmm maybe it was just a replay of last season, my bad:nut:

muffzz
09-23-2014, 08:04 PM
Season 2, Episode 1 premiered today!

adam c
09-23-2014, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by muffzz
Season 2, Episode 1 premiered today!

Found it boring

firebane
09-23-2014, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by adam c

Found it boring

It wasn't necessarily boring but it didn't go off as much as I thought it may have.

muffzz
09-23-2014, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by adam c

Found it boring

It was alright. There was too much going on all at once. Lots of gaps here and there too.

Sugarphreak
09-23-2014, 10:13 PM