PDA

View Full Version : Sum of all Fears=sucks

mwmhong
06-03-2002, 10:14 AM
Bored at work.

Went to the Sunday 4:40 special 35mm IMAX screening of 'the Sum of all Fears' at Paramount Chinook.

What a crap movie, the best special effects are in the commercials/trailers (short scenes of nuke going off, missiles hitting the carrier). Miss the movie itself and you'll miss some B-2 Stealth bombers and dime-a-dozen CNN smart bomb targetting camera shots.

There is some good humour scenes between Freeman and Affleck and the rest is predictable unsuspenseful political intrigue. You know what's going to happen and just wait for it to play out, no surprises, no plot twists, nothing.

I found the movie actually climaxes in the middle with the bomb going off and the rest is Affleck running around playing detective while the USA and Russian presidents do this standoff which gets really tiresome. "He thinks I'm weak, I'll bomb his base" "I'll arm nukes" "I'll arm nukes and send planes to take out his nukes."
You know what's going to happen (nothing).

$10.50X2 tickets+$13 for regular popcorn and two rootbeers=what a waste of 2 hours and $35 bucks.

Also, the girl there asked me if I wanted butter or margarine, I say butter, she walks off with the popcorn around the corner (I assume to top it with butter) and comes back and gives it to me. Back in the theatre, I discover no butter, not a drop. :mad:

Give this movie a 3/10, this movie sucked more than Attack of the Clones. Save your money for cheap screen or rental, if even that.
Afflecks girlfriend was cute though.

ninspeed
06-03-2002, 11:48 AM
Read the book.. its much better... Tom clancy novels are a 100x better than the movie.. even the hunt for the red october

sexualbanana
06-03-2002, 04:10 PM
i enjoyed it. i thought it was pretty accurate in terms of politcal perception.

Davan
06-03-2002, 04:17 PM
I'm just downloading it. Doesn't cost a dime! :D

Rydog
06-03-2002, 05:32 PM
from where, the download that is?

max_boost
06-03-2002, 06:50 PM
Louis B Hobson from the Calgary Sun gave it a pretty good review

James
06-04-2002, 03:20 AM
I didnt think it was that bad,:dunno: Seemed a bit too long at points, because there wasnt very much action, which the Movie could have really used.:thumbsup:

Davan
06-04-2002, 08:37 AM
Just_d16n - Kazaa is a wonderful tool, dont you agree? ;)
:D

redline
06-04-2002, 09:50 AM
I seen the sneak preview and thought it was OK but not great :dunno:

ninspeed
06-04-2002, 10:58 AM
its a not an action movie... totaly polticaly based.. with a little action

Big_Six_Boy
06-04-2002, 11:49 AM
I went and saw it at Sunridge Spectrum in the THX theatre. Nice sound! :D
Anyways, the movie wasn't that bad. I'd go as far as to say that it's "pretty good". There are alot of names and acronyms being thrown around in the movie, so it may be confusing to some (if not MOST). You have to follow it quite close. I think that is probably the main reason why the first poster didn't like it. If you can't follow it, then just seeing the characters move around and exchange some dialogue will be boring. I'm not knocking you, even Richar Roeper from "Ebert & Roeper" said it was really confusing.
There were a coupla gripes I had about the movie; but it wasn't big enough to ruin it for me.
Again, Ben Affleck's girlfriend in the movie is a hardcore BABE!!!! :hitit: :love:
(Bridgette Moinahan is it?)