PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning rims

HeckelZ
02-20-2004, 12:47 AM
Hey sorry for stupid question, what would i gget that would clean rims really well and polish them? is there a special product for rim use?
thanks
-darren

kenny
02-20-2004, 12:59 AM
Lots of wheel cleaning products available at stores like Canadian Tire. One that worked really well for me in removing brake dust was a spray on foaming product by Eagle One. It is a black can with a picture of an HRE wheel on it. Just spray it on before the car wash let it foam up for a minute or so then spray it off.

7thgenvic
02-20-2004, 08:01 PM
it doesn't really matter your not going to hurt the rims, so u can even just use car wash soap, or just go to canadian tire and buy a rim dereaser!

jonny

hockeybronx
02-21-2004, 02:37 AM
I used some Simoniz Rim cleaner for my alloys. Car washing soap and a toothbrush wouldn't get the brake dust off, but this stuff is great. It's available at Canadian Tire, you just have to spray it on, let it work and touch it up:thumbsup:

HeckelZ
02-22-2004, 09:58 PM
alrite cool thanks guys
-darren

screamer316
02-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I have chrome rims and everytime I clean them they are all smudged. The only way I get the mirror finish is if I use window spray and lots of newspapers, always works for me.

hockeybronx
02-28-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by screamer316
Yeah, I have chrome rims and everytime I clean them they are all smudged. The only way I get the mirror finish is if I use window spray and lots of newspapers, always works for me.

Man that's hardcore.

A lot of work for a set of wheels, but I agree when they look good it's so worth it!

VWhooligan
02-28-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

Man that's hardcore.

A lot of work for a set of wheels, but I agree when they look good it's so worth it!

thats hardcore? pfft

i take them off and handwash them in the bathtub :love:

but then again, my wheels are so sexy...