PDA

View Full Version : Audi Care: Your Experience?

Sugarphreak
05-16-2013, 12:50 PM

colinxx235
05-16-2013, 01:27 PM
1) The audi care covers all your interval service costs, so if they throw it in as a promotion up front it will save you a good chunk

2) If you need oil between services you will know as a low light comes on. You just show up to Audi and tell the service desk. Guy walks into the back and gets you a Liter of oil walks out to your car and tops it off.

3) If you book in advance online/phone or in person you can get a courtesy car. I went in for service two fridays ago and I had booked it on the previous friday. I showed up at 9am, dropped off my car and they had a virtually brand new 2013 Q5 loaded waiting for me to use for the whole day.

Cheers,

Colin

Sugarphreak
05-17-2013, 08:29 AM

JustinMCS
05-17-2013, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I think I've been dealing with GM too much lately. Every time I go in for warranty work I get a call "So, we'd like you to authorize ____$ in ________ extra work"

LMAO! That's what my parents used to get years ago when they had GMs. (Mum now has moved onto Audi.)

My friend has a new Audi and has the Audi Care and he takes it there for everything and has good luck. Only thing he had to replace out of pocket was the fog light grill surround because a boulder of a rock went right through it and cracked it. Always gets a loaner as well.

max_boost
05-17-2013, 09:19 AM
Is this like the BMW no charge maintenance? Drop it off every 20k for service?

soupey
05-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Has anybody here purchase Audi Care with their new car?

http://pictures.dealer.com/j/jimellisaudimariettaaoa/1216/aac334300a0d028a00eabd2f541ccb9b.jpg

I am not sure if I want to use the service for fear it is just bait to get me into the dealership service shop. Generally I like to do my own maintenance, but this was offered as a promotional inclusion.

Please share a quick review on if you felt it was worth it. More specifically I was looking for some insight on these questions:

1) Did you find that it covered all maintenance during the coverage period? Was there times you were called to authorize extra work or hit with additional charges?

2) Was the service adequate, or did you feel you needed to get oil changes or other things down in between service intervals?

3) How was the transportation to and from the dealer during service, hassle or easy? Were you expected to wait, drop it off for the day, was a courtesy car provided?

Thanks,
-SP

I've been leasing my car for ~1.5 yrs now, let's just say all I've paid towards my car is lease, gas, insurance, and a set of window wipers.

They have replaced trim, replaced a damaged rim from the get go, replaced the centre channel speaker, replaced the bluetooth mic several times until there was a service bulletin to fix it correctly, and all other related oil changes/routine services since purchase. Also always get a loaner car if I request it before hand. They do offer a ride if you want as well. Usually easier just to book a loaner car in advance and wait a few days longer for an appointment.

In my experience, avoid Royal Oak Audi, go to Glenmore Audi or their satellite service centre. They have the same owner but are managed independently....Chris Chapman is my tech and he's been great since day 1.

turbotrip
05-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by soupey

In my experience, avoid Royal Oak Audi

co-sign

Xtrema
05-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Is this like the BMW no charge maintenance? Drop it off every 20k for service?

15K or once a year. Audi Care while it's an optional cost ($700), dealers will most likely throw it in for free.

I have been going to Royal Oak. Their service has been adequate although I do hear Glenmore is better. I'm interested in what these satellite service center is about but I only got 1 more appointment left under Audi Care anyway so probably not a big deal.

Audi Care pay for itself (if you have not got dealer to throw it in for free) especially when you have DSG equipped cars. The DSG service at 55K alone is $700 (~$500 for fluids).

To OP:

1) Yes, I never encounter upsells.

2) Yes, like Colin said, I loses about 1L of oil every 8K-9K (lots of stop and go during work days). They will top it up for you. But I have one in trunk just in case if I'm in the middle of nowhere.

3) Shuttle or loaner. I work in beltline so I don't mind the shuttle. You can get the loaner if you want but I believe you have to cover their deductible ($2K?) if anything happens that's your fault.

bspot
05-17-2013, 11:59 AM
Change your oil more than every 15,000km or suffer later like lots of Audi owners have.

Dealer oil is also crap.

max_boost
05-17-2013, 01:20 PM
Ah interesting. Again it's nice to just drop off your car and pick it back up without opening the wallet.

When things are built into the price, just let the consumer believe its free.

muse017
05-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip

co-sign

ahem:werd:

I''ve only gone once(8000km) and It seems to me pretty straight foward service. If you can get them included in your purchase price it's great deal.

nobb
05-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
2) Yes, like Colin said, I loses about 1L of oil every 8K-9K (lots of stop and go during work days). They will top it up for you. But I have one in trunk just in case if I'm in the middle of nowhere.

If you're under Audicare and the engine is losing oil, shouldn't they be fixing it instead of topping it up?

soupey
05-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by nobb

If you're under Audicare and the engine is losing oil, shouldn't they be fixing it instead of topping it up?

if it's a fault with the car it's probably more covered with the car's warranty moreso than audi after care....either way they should take care of it rather than give it a quick fix if its a recurring issue

npham
05-17-2013, 10:33 PM
Just did the "40,000" service, but was a bit under as I wanted to switch out the winters to summers. No up selling at all so far, and Glenmore is by far the better dealership. I really like having loaners as well and makes it easier to give up your car for the day. The satellite locations only has a few loaners, around 5, but Glenmore had 20+ I believe.

turbotrip
05-18-2013, 12:16 AM

they avoid having to fix it by putting ridiculous numbers in the owners manual- like many audi manuals say the car burns 0.5L of oil per 1,000kms; so by the time its due for an oil change if you have burned 80% of the oil its supposedly normal.

flipstah
05-18-2013, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by turbotrip

they avoid having to fix it by putting ridiculous numbers in the owners manual- like many audi manuals say the car burns 0.5L of oil per 1,000kms; so by the time its due for an oil change if you have burned 80% of the oil its supposedly normal.

That's silly to me. A new car shouldn't burn oil.

dubhead
05-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

That's silly to me. A new car shouldn't burn oil.

My 30 year old truck didn't even go through that much oil and it leaked and burned it :nut: After hearing about this I've pretty much crossed any VW's and Audi's with the 2.0 motor off my list of potential new cars.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Oil consumption is normal, however there is a point when it becomes excessive.

Most manufactures won't consider it a problem unless you are burning 1L every 1000km or more.

Xtrema
05-20-2013, 02:12 PM

Its within tolerance. The manual actually says it will lose oil. And all the owners i know with this family of V6 engine all need top ups, just more or less.

And the kicker is, all new Audi switched from old dip stick to new digital ones. They take time to update, so I bought a factory dip stick anyway so I know better where its at.

CanmoreOrLess
05-20-2013, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by npham
Just did the "40,000" service, but was a bit under as I wanted to switch out the winters to summers. No up selling at all so far, and Glenmore is by far the better dealership. I really like having loaners as well and makes it easier to give up your car for the day. The satellite locations only has a few loaners, around 5, but Glenmore had 20+ I believe.

What does Audi charge for the winter switchover and car loaner for the day? At Honda West I was charged about $35 for the switchover and about $15 for the loaner which I had until the following morning.

I have zero oil consumption between oil changes.

flipstah
05-20-2013, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by dubhead

My 30 year old truck didn't even go through that much oil and it leaked and burned it :nut: After hearing about this I've pretty much crossed any VW's and Audi's with the 2.0 motor off my list of potential new cars.

That's why I'm watching mine carefully to see if it burns. Mine has the 2.0 TFSI.

npham
05-20-2013, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess

What does Audi charge for the winter switchover and car loaner for the day? At Honda West I was charged about $35 for the switchover and about $15 for the loaner which I had until the following morning.

I have zero oil consumption between oil changes.

I think it was around $125, the loaner and service was free but I need the tires removed from the winter rims and then my summers put back on and balanced. Seemed like a reasonable rate.

gulfstorm
05-21-2013, 11:19 AM
+1 For Glenmore Audi but use their sattelite service center and talk to Chris Chapman...he is the service manager there and a fantastic guy to deal with.