PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Mower Repair Recommendations

TrU-PaK
05-17-2013, 09:50 AM
Can anyone recommend a place where I can get my lawn mower repaired? I have two mowers that have been sitting under my deck over winter and require some maintenance.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!

dc1999
05-17-2013, 11:25 AM
I met a guy a while back at the gym he told me that he had a lawn mower repair business never really thought too much of it till my gas lawn mower wouldn't start up after winter. I called up a place forest and garden I think it was anyways they quoted me at 185 just for a tune up. I can’t recall the price the gym guy gave me but I remember he said he could do it for less and to just bring it to his place. Long story short ended up going to the gym guy’s place and we got to chatting somehow it came up he was a beyond member.

Message YCB he could help you out.

yellowsnow
05-18-2013, 12:14 AM
lawnmowers are so easy to tune up. if your mower isn't starting, you probably just need to empty out your gas tank, and pour in fresh gas.

you can also do an oil change, clean the air filter, and change the spark plug while you're at it. will probably cost you under $20 to do all that.

for the oil, you need to buy sae30. $5 at canadian tire for 1L. most mowers only use 500-600 ml.

chinofx
05-22-2013, 09:30 AM
+1 for YCB - affordable repair

MalibuStacy
05-22-2013, 01:51 PM
To the op I have worked with lawnmower repair before, if you want, send me a pm and I could work my magic

DboyNismo
05-25-2013, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by yellowsnow
lawnmowers are so easy to tune up. if your mower isn't starting, you probably just need to empty out your gas tank, and pour in fresh gas.

you can also do an oil change, clean the air filter, and change the spark plug while you're at it. will probably cost you under $20 to do all that.

for the oil, you need to buy sae30. $5 at canadian tire for 1L. most mowers only use 500-600 ml.

Usually it is this easy however last spring I tried all this but it still didn't start. Then I read that I had to clean the jet in the fuel bowl and that solved my problem. If you don't mind taking off a few easy parts then you can also try cleaning this jet if nothing else works.

RawB8figure
05-25-2013, 01:14 PM
Anyone know of a place that repair/tuneup maunual reel mowers

Thanks

HomespunLobster
05-25-2013, 01:27 PM
/spray some carb cleaner into intake

Start my machines first pull every year

tirebob
05-26-2013, 07:49 AM
I usually will just sharpen the blade, blow out the air cleaner, put some fresh gas in, take out the spark plug and clean it up if need be, give her a good 10/20 pulls before putting the plug back in just to get everything moving and lubed up a bit, prime it up and fire away. All said and done it takes me about 20/30 minutes and she is good for another season. Same cheap ass Home Depot mower going on 15 years now...

Rat Fink
05-27-2013, 08:43 PM

mr2mike
05-27-2013, 08:51 PM
For $200... send it my way.

TrU-PaK
05-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by dc1999
I met a guy a while back at the gym he told me that he had a lawn mower repair business never really thought too much of it till my gas lawn mower wouldn't start up after winter. I called up a place forest and garden I think it was anyways they quoted me at 185 just for a tune up. I can’t recall the price the gym guy gave me but I remember he said he could do it for less and to just bring it to his place. Long story short ended up going to the gym guy’s place and we got to chatting somehow it came up he was a beyond member.

Message YCB he could help you out.

Thanks I ended up going through YCB
He picked up and dropped off the mower as well.
great service! :thumbsup:

dc1999
05-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Had my yearly blade sharpening by YCB for $15.

YCB
05-29-2013, 12:25 PM
most mowers don't require repair, mainly a tune-up, anywhere from a rough idle, to a broken brake cable, dull blade, broken starter rope.. etc.

please PM for any inquiries.

thanks to dc1999 for the shout out.

most mowers can run for 15+ years, not worth to replace with a new one.. , no matter how old and ugly it looks.. :D