PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to Urban Expressions!!!

davesparky6
05-18-2013, 08:37 AM
Haven't posted in a while but feel like I have to share a really great experience...
Ordered a set of wheels and tires from Urban X south. The price was by far the best I could find (pretty much even with 1010 tire but obviously easier to deal with) and I ordered a set of KMC addicts with 33" Toyo tires. I have an 06 Xterra which has a non existent bolt pattern so there was a delay in the order. Did some research on the wheels and decided I didn't like them. Asked Gary at Urban if it was ok to change them. He said no problem and sent me an email full of other options with pics of previous installs and everything. Settled on KMC XD 125's. The weekend before the wheels arrive I ran into some issues with control arm clearance and a lift kit so asked Gary if I could go to 32" tires instead. Again, no problem. Finally got them on yesterday and they look awesome! The price included everything, even flat black lugs which look great. Huge thanks to Gary and the urban X crew!!!

Coles notes:
Ordered wheels and tires from Urban X
I Waffled on the wheels,
They said no prob and helped big time
I waffled on the tires
Again, no prob
Wheels and tires on and look great
The whole experience was awesome, I would recommend these guys to anyone looking for wheels and/or tires.

never
05-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Awesome...Gary has always been great and very helpful.

Now...pics!!!!

NoMoreG35
05-18-2013, 10:44 AM
What is "waffled"?

Sugarphreak
05-18-2013, 11:03 AM

eglove
05-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Waffled is like going back on forth on a decision

Quiet10
06-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Didn't feel like starting a new thread since this one is only a month or so old, but had to come give props to Gary and Cort at Urban Expressions SOUTH!

Got my new wheels on and everything is perfect! I called Gary basically last minute after he emailed me back and told me his hours on weekends I headed down to the shop. Gary worked past his hours and I am a happy customer yet again! Gave me a good deal on some lugs too!

Sugarphreak
06-08-2013, 08:50 PM

Quiet10
06-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Yep, very happy indeed! All I need is to drop my car a bit now, but that's for later on! :burnout:

sxtasy
06-08-2013, 09:08 PM
I have dealt with both Gary in the South and Bob in the North. Both UrbanX locations were fantastic:thumbsup:

Graham_A_M
11-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Yet another HUGE +1 for Gary and Cort at their south location.

They managed to squeeze me in, on a moments notice. The appointment was for 6pm today, and due to issues with another guys tire install, they didn't get to me until 7:15 (which isn't their fault so Im not the least bit mad). Finally at 8 Im good to go. These guys put in some idiotic hours. Like wow. :nut:

After literally risking my life on the roads, and potentially others as well, I broke down and invested in a set of winters & rims for the Buick. Summer tires belong in the summer, nothing else... it was uber dangerous trying to limp around on those damn things.
$1900 later, I get these

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii312/Graham_A_M/IMG_1349_zps14c3dc3b.jpg (http://s267.photobucket.com/user/Graham_A_M/media/IMG_1349_zps14c3dc3b.jpg.html)

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii312/Graham_A_M/IMG_1348_zps004c9ce4.jpg (http://s267.photobucket.com/user/Graham_A_M/media/IMG_1348_zps004c9ce4.jpg.html)

^ Yes, Im well aware of how shit-tastic those iphone pics are, but I didn't have any room to snap better ones, and the lighting was shit too. I'll take better ones tomorrow when its light out.

Their 18" Michelin Ice X's mounted on RTK "Turbines". I totally forgot how amazing winter tires are on the ice & snow.... I can actually drive with confidence now when on ice... amazing.

So HUGE thanks for their time and effort, Im extremely impressed by them.

relyt92
11-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Nothing but good things to say about Gary and them as well, had an issue getting wheels to fit over my brakes that were supposed to fit and he went well out of his way to figure out a solution.

Graham_A_M
11-22-2013, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by relyt92
Nothing but good things to say about Gary and them as well, had an issue getting wheels to fit over my brakes that were supposed to fit and he went well out of his way to figure out a solution.
Really? Lol, I had the same issue with my factory 14" Brembros.... I cant believe these wheels actually worked.... Steelies were out of the question lol.

relyt92
11-22-2013, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Really? Lol, I had the same issue with my factory 14" Brembros.... I cant believe these wheels actually worked.... Steelies were out of the question lol. Yeah I think it took 2 or 3 different wheels that were claimed to fit before one did. I don't even have crazy brakes but the other rims that I was going to get didn't clear the calipers. Never had that problem when I was driving a Civic lol

diamondedge
11-28-2013, 12:39 AM
Bump. Bob + Lorne are always great to deal with. Great pricing on tires and upfront on advice/suggestions. Thanks for getting me in and out so quickly today guys!

avishal26
11-28-2013, 08:44 AM
I too have bought a winter set for my M from Gary in the south and he is just awesome to deal with. There are a lot of tire shops a lot closer to me but I go out of my way to give UrbanX any business I can now.

I had a balancing problem on a used set of 20" summer rims I bought from the states that two other shops a few years back couldn't solve (so I kinda just lived with it) ..... but Gary managed to solve the problem! Can't put into words how nice it was to not have that annoying vibration in my seat on the highway all summer again.

I was around on Beyond around the time UrbanX was starting out and it was just Bob I think. I have to say, they have done a good job of building their reputation on good customer service! Puts some shops to shame.

KRyn
11-28-2013, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by avishal26
There are a lot of tire shops a lot closer to me but I go out of my way to give UrbanX any business I can now.

Yup, I don't mind driving a little further for top notch service and products. It's also nice to deal with a shop that actually cares about its customers unlike most large boxes.

Big thanks to Gary and crew at Urban South. My old man had a set of tires balanced by a Subaru dealership. After a quick jaunt on Deerfoot it was apparent that the tires were not in fact balanced. The same dealership again attempted to re-balance the tires, another quick blast on Deetfoot revealed they were not balanced any better. He took the car over to the guys at UrbanX south and they got everything figured out the first time. :thumbsup:

speedog
01-13-2014, 01:20 PM
Great service, well under an hour for four new tires mounted and balanced - big thanx to Bob and Lorne at the North location.