PDA

View Full Version : Any MRU Business Students here?

Ctystar
05-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Hey guys I finally got accepted into business at Mount Royal.

I was just wondering, how many classes do you guys usually take?
I was thinking about doing 4 and possibly 5.
If I end up doing 5 classes, I'd want the easiest classes possible. Any suggestions?
How much effort will I be putting into studying with 5 classes?

8baller8
05-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Mount royal is easy. I took my transfer requirements there and transferred witha 3.3 studying for 8 hours a test usually (including finals). No, im not a genius but mount royal is pretty easy. The workload was much, much higher when i transferred to haskayne.

Anyhow, 5 classes should be a piece of cake.

XylathaneGTR
05-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Ctystar

How much effort will I be putting into studying with 5 classes?
That really depends on your study habits and the grade you'd like. Some people may not have to put in very much effort and may or may not get a nice grade...others will put in much more effort and may or may not get a good grade.
The only real generalization you can make here is "probably about 25% more effort than needed with 4 classes." How much that actually is and what benefit you see from that depends on you.
If you're worried about putting in too much effort, take spring and summer classes in addition.

kevin1
05-25-2013, 03:24 AM
what were your grades in each of your classes when you got accepted?

Myrrinda
05-28-2013, 03:11 PM
Doing 5 classes is pretty standard. Maybe take 4 your first semester just to get used to the environment, but you should be able to handle 5 after that. When I was in Bissett, I did 5 classes a semester, and they were all core courses. My options were covered through my first degree, so my classes were not the easiest classes (I did accounting), and I still came out with a 3.97.

Ctystar
05-30-2013, 02:30 AM
Hey myrrinda were you able to find a good job with bisett?

Myrrinda
06-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Ctystar
Hey myrrinda were you able to find a good job with bisett?

Yes, but I'm an accountant, so I can't speak for all of Bissett. But I got a job with one of the big 4 firms and completed my CA. I had a lot of coworkers that were MRC/MRU grads who are now managers at the firm or have good positions in oil and gas. Suncor, ATCO, etc.

HiTempguy1
06-03-2013, 07:03 PM
I find the title of the thread amusing, because my initial reaction is to say:

"No, because they all died of shame for attending MRU"

:rofl:

Other than that, I have nothing of any importance whatsoever to add to this thread.

Myrrinda
06-04-2013, 12:34 PM
You know, I used to think the same way about MRC, but after getting a BA from UofC, and then applying to Haskayne, and getting continuously screwed around because I was considered a transfer student, I decided to give up and apply to MRC. It was either that, or spend years trying to get the required classes for Haskayne. It was the best decision I ever made, and I'm in the exact same place I would have been if I had gone to Haskayne, except I finished probably 2 years earlier because Bissett didn't dick me around. I have my CA designation, and I am equal to anyone who has graduated from any other university. At this stage employers just look to see that I've passed the UFE.

tbomb
06-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Safeway School of Business > MRU

403ep3
06-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by tbomb
Safeway School of Business > MRU

How much did your Safeway degree cost you? Having fun being a cashier?