PDA

View Full Version : New cloud storage alternative starting with 15GB of data

.jl-
05-18-2013, 05:56 PM
So Copy (http://www.copy.com) is an alternative to DropBox, SkyDrive, Google Drive, Box, and all those other cloud storage alternatives. You start off with 15GB of data and there is a current promotion where you get 5GB to everyone you invite and installs the App. I was invited by one of my friends and started with 20GB of data. I don't think there is a data cap right now so you could literally get TB's of data if you get enough invites.

Anywho, anyone who is interested in getting started with 15GB + 5GB bonus, i have my referral link below :D

https://copy.com?r=d77tD6

benyl
05-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Just watch rfd. Box was giving 50GB for free to start.

schocker
05-18-2013, 10:00 PM
I signed up with your link JL. Seems nice with the app and all. I am assuming this isn't like drop box with it showing up as a computer folder though? That is what I like best about drop box but I think I only have 2gb.

Q-TIP
05-18-2013, 10:29 PM
Skydrive is by far the best option for large storage. $20 per year for 100 GB is pretty awesome.

.jl-
05-18-2013, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by schocker
I signed up with your link JL. Seems nice with the app and all. I am assuming this isn't like drop box with it showing up as a computer folder though? That is what I like best about drop box but I think I only have 2gb.

There is a windows App which shows up as a folder like DropBox. There is also a mobile application for iOS and Android. You don't get the 5GB bonus until the people you invite download the app

Another good thing I like about copy is that you can right click any file on your system and it'll give you an option to share to your copy drive instead of copy paste or dragging it to your copy folder as well as sharing the file with your peers that you have connected to your copy account.

ExtraSlow
05-21-2013, 09:51 PM
None of you guys run spideroak? I'm not any kind of expert, but it seemed pretty awesome last time I looked. I needed it as I wanted to back up several computers and a NAS with one account. That was a tough requirement.

.jl-
05-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
None of you guys run spideroak? I'm not any kind of expert, but it seemed pretty awesome last time I looked. I needed it as I wanted to back up several computers and a NAS with one account. That was a tough requirement.

I've never heard of spideroak. I mainly only use DropBox because I've been with them for a long time, and Box because it's integrated with my Blackberry 10 device, Google drive for all my google group projects and docs, and started using SkyDrive with Office 2013.