PDA

View Full Version : Porsche 944 Turbo

ToanZ_StyleZ
02-20-2004, 04:46 AM
Plannin to rebiuld a 944 turbo, money isn't an issue...

does ne1 no where i can find parts???

need to no ASAP...

Redlyne_mr2
02-20-2004, 08:56 AM
Contact Marc@ Alpine Autoworks he's probably torn that engine apart 3 dozen times

JustinL
02-20-2004, 09:40 AM
http://www.andersonmotorworksinc.com

Money not being an object is a good thing with these cars.

http://www.powerhaus.com

I just had a great experience with Sunset imports, I would recommend them and vertexauto for most replacement parts. Alpine autoworks is local and it looks like Marc does very good work from what we've seen from Rage's car.

Post some pics of your ride, It's nice to see these cars being brought back to life.

Justin

rage2
02-20-2004, 01:24 PM
haha I got tons of spare parts. I have a spare block, spare crank, spare pistons, spare rods, spare tranny... enough for another car :).

Wanna gimme some details as to what you're looking for and what you're doing? I can point you in the right direction as to what you should get done... get the most bang for your buck.

C4S
02-20-2004, 01:33 PM
How about " Reigo tuning" ? ( spell right ? ) I saw lots of Porsche over there .. with diff modification .... :drool:

ToanZ_StyleZ
02-20-2004, 08:40 PM
rage2 - that's crazy shiet but yeah i'll give u a list as soon as i decide wht to do first....i was thinkin on the lines of rebuildin the engine and portin out the block...

rage2
02-20-2004, 11:55 PM
If your block is damaged, you can hone the block and get oversized pistons (done that). It if's too damaged, you can sleeve the block and slap in some nice JE pistons, for a cool 2.8L displacement (doing that now). Both jobs are relatively close in price, so I'd choose the 2.8L.

The only issue is, the 2.8L big bore conversion isn't well proven, about 50% failure on the porsche forums. Either it's really reliable, or it dies after a week... mostly because JE provided the wrong specs with their 106mm piston kit. Since I got the proper specs, I'm hoping to fall on the good side of 50% hehe. If the crank's busted, you can get a 968 or S2 crank, pauter rods, and that'll get you 3.2L of displacement.

As for anything outside of the engine, I've pretty much broke and tried everything, so make sure you ask before you buy anything. Marc and I know what works and what doesn't on this car heh.

Inthered
02-21-2004, 12:36 PM
^^^^^^sounds like a nice project what kind of hp are you looking at now, after everything is put together?

rage2 Pocket PC
02-21-2004, 12:51 PM
trying to reduce turbo lag more than anything

bikrbabe
02-21-2004, 12:54 PM
Did you check Alesandros [I think I spelled that correctly-] up on Edmonton Trail?
They deal with all sorts of exotic and rare cars... maybe try calling them.