PDA

View Full Version : Review: Centini

pinoyhero
02-20-2004, 08:31 AM
Went to Centini for Valentines Day, cost about 90 bucks for the two of us.

Food 4/5
Ambiance 4/5
Service 1/5

Verdict: The food was pretty good and quite unique but for that kind of money I expect to be treated for better. I would go for a quick lunch but not for dinner again.

Use this rating scale all!

rc2002
02-20-2004, 12:01 PM
Damn you eat out a lot!

Good idea on having a set criteria for reviews though. Maybe we should add a few more categories on like price, location, etc.

pinoyhero
02-20-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Damn you eat out a lot!

Good idea on having a set criteria for reviews though. Maybe we should add a few more categories on like price, location, etc.

I was thinking of more categories but to keep thing simple I thought I'd have an opening and closing sentence or two and the brief scoring chart. It is the standard used in a lot of review arrticles i.e. the Herald

Weapon_R
02-20-2004, 02:21 PM
Tell us a little about the service.

pinoyhero
02-20-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Tell us a little about the service.

I could go on for a while but I'll just make a few points

-every other table had starter bread, we did not
-I'm not a racist but I could not understand the waiter over his accent
-I asked for water and never got it
-we needed to be there for about 1 hour to have dinner from start of finsh but they were so damn slow it took about 1 hour and 45 after everything was said and done
-the menu said to give the parking tag to the waiter to validate it, I left mine in my coat so I had to stand in line for 5 mins to get it from coat check
-while I was waiting to get the ticket from my coat they were handing out roses to the females dates (it was valentines) when we left my lady did not get one
-while I was waiting for my coat another person from another party came up and asked to speak to the manager about the slow service
-I passed the waiter the parking tag to get validated and he said, "Oh i dont need that I'll just give you a pass", so basically I waited in line for no reason

Just a small rant for you.

bigboom
02-20-2004, 02:29 PM
actually last time i was there the service was wicked, maybe you jsut got a really busy day?

exepsnive but the food and service was enjoyable...i think you just had a bad experience.

ninjak84
02-20-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
-while I was waiting to get the ticket from my coat they were handing out roses to the females dates (it was valentines) when we left my lady did not get one

thats a big one
should have counted out the exact change in front of the waiter

pinoyhero
02-20-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
actually last time i was there the service was wicked, maybe you jsut got a really busy day?

exepsnive but the food and service was enjoyable...i think you just had a bad experience.

Perhaos but for that kind of money, this type of thing shouldn't happen.

pinoyhero
02-20-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

thats a big one
should have counted out the exact change in front of the waiter

No sure if your being sarcastic or not but I was simply listing some of the things that went wrong that night.

JordanLotoski
02-20-2004, 05:40 PM
i was there too..i love the food there...service cold be better..but foods amazing

bksze
02-20-2004, 06:57 PM
Without judging the situation and the circumstances surrounding, one thing I can suggest to you is to plan more time for fine dining. Try to budget 2 hours. I don't think I've ever gotten out of meal at a fine dining restaurant in an hour.

Centini's is not anywhere near my faves considering the awesome selection of restaurants we have in Calgary, but I do have to say, I've had great service every time I've gone there.

Ajay
02-20-2004, 07:15 PM
What kind of food is it? Italian?

BebeAphrodite
02-22-2004, 12:43 PM
That's strange... the room was like 3/4 asian when I was there. The waiter was very nice to us kept coming back every little while to check up on us... water was always filled, drinks always topped off.
Enjoyed the food. I'd give it 5/5. And the $32 dessert platter was just amazing but wayy too much between two people! Too bad we couldn't finish it!!!

Ajay: umm... they have a variety of foods... I dont' know if it can be classified under one type of food. They have a bit of french influence, a bit of italian... I can't seem to remember the menu right now tho.