PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Chophouse and Bar

sputnik
02-20-2004, 09:48 AM
(following Pinoyhero's lead...)

Went here for Valentines Day with my girlfriend and another couple. Total bill $175+tip for the 4 of us (with a $40 bottle of wine)

Food: 5/5

My steak (12 oz filet mignon) was perfectly done and my girlfriends salmon with risotto was INCREDIBLE.

Ambiance: 4.5/5

It was a bit cool in the restaurant with bothered the girls in dresses. However the did adjust the heat for us which made it better. There was also a GREAT soul/motown/blues band playing in the lounge at a good volume (not too loud). Very classly renovations from the old Santa Fe... but not pretentious like some steak houses.

Service: 5/5

Ordered a bottle of wine with the help of the waiter and was given great service throughout the meal. Did not feel rushed AT ALL. Had a leisurely 2.5 hour meal with deserts and italian coffee to finish off the evening.

Gondi Stylez
02-20-2004, 12:50 PM
where is it? is it the one by a-channel?! sounds good!

B17a
02-20-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
where is it? is it the one by a-channel?! sounds good!

That's the Chicago Chophouse. Good food, dumb ass waitress we had.

BebeAphrodite
02-22-2004, 12:39 PM
Gone there twice...
the first time was an utter disappointment
But then what are you to expect from the Living Room owner??

Our table of 8 only enjoyed the muscles & oysters (but then again, it's pretty hard to screw up oysters). None of us were satisfied with our main courses. We all ordered different cuts of steaks. The clam chowder wasn't too bad.

Went back a second time but was too scared to order anything off of the main menu so just ordered appetizers and the muscles we knew we enjoyed. Banana's Foster is an awesome dessert they offer there. I haven't seen it around for years.

I'd give it ***/*****