PDA

View Full Version : Autobahn speeder receives 18 months

Redlyne_mr2
02-20-2004, 10:06 AM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,1-1006365,00.html
Interesting article, not sure if it was really his fault however he did leave the scene of the accident which is probably why the judge was so hard on him

EK 2.0
02-20-2004, 10:39 AM
Having driven on the Autobahn once in my life, I do have to say the amount of courtesy between drivers, even if they have a faster car is incredible, and drivers there really do know what they are doing, in terms of respect and what have you...

I can see something like mentioned above happening, as i am not sure as the level of confidence within drivers, cause on the other end of the spectrum, i saw some really sloppy maneuvers...

BUT he should have stayed at the scene, and not knowing more injury details, who knows maybe if he styaed and called for help the deaths could have been avoidable...

My 2 cents...

hjr
02-20-2004, 11:47 AM
ya, the problem was that he fled the scene. If its an normal manuver and SHE lost control, then how is it his fault. He basically said "im guilty" by running away. Its like on cops when they chase some dude down and he gos "i didnt do nufin!" and they say "BS, then why did you run!!!!"

Dj_Stylz
02-20-2004, 11:49 AM
Wow

roopi
02-20-2004, 12:11 PM
So the women tried changing lanes and crashed and this guy is going to jail for it? Doesn't make sense since he wasn't speeding.

KoukiS14
02-20-2004, 12:24 PM
Its too bad there were fatalites.

Slow drivers have to learn to stay the hell out of the fast lane.

hjr
02-20-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by roopi
So the women tried changing lanes and crashed and this guy is going to jail for it? Doesn't make sense since he wasn't speeding. its probably more a charge of neglect than anything. it is pretty bogus though. But shit, the dude should have stopped. Even if he didnt cause it, a car flying into the trees is very serious. I know i would stop to see if she needed help. (I have CPR)

max_boost
02-20-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by NismoS14
Its too bad there were fatalites.

Slow drivers have to learn to stay the hell out of the fast lane. :werd: :drama: Judging from the context, I don't think he did anything wrong? He left the scene of the accident but was he involved in anyway (cause)? He didn't hit her or drive her off the road, all he did was flashed her to let her know he wants to pass. It sounds like he lacked the courtesy to pull over to see if the passengers are alright.

So if I'm cruising along Deerfoot and someone infront of me crashes but I keep cruising along, I can get in trouble?:dunno:

JAYMEZ
02-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Why fled the scene , and then call in and ask about it?? :dunno:

max_boost
02-20-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
Why fled the scene , and then call in and ask about it?? :dunno: Yah he basically indicted himself.....he must of felt guilty and responsible for the accident but never expected to actually serve jail time? hmmm.....tough situation:dunno:

davidI
02-20-2004, 01:29 PM
Kinda crazy considering it was his job to be a test driver. I think 18 months is a lot considering he didn't hit her....she freaked out and lost control, it wasn't because of a collision!

m10-power
02-20-2004, 03:04 PM
If he hit her then its fleeing the scene, otherwise he's not fleeing is he?
By leaving the seen he's either utterly unhumane or felt pehaps he did something wrong...seems the judge felt the latter.

Weapon_R
02-20-2004, 03:13 PM
If anyone here has driven in Europe, this maneuver is very common and almost always works flawlessly. The woman lost control of her own vehicle and crashed - how can this guy be found guilty of that? Even though he didn't stop, it shouldn't be his responsibility. And even if he wanted to stop, he was going 160MPH - there is no telling how long it would have taken him to pull over safely and reverse on the autobahn (only a dumbass would do that anyways).

Redlyne_mr2
02-20-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
If anyone here has driven in Europe, this maneuver is very common and almost always works flawlessly. The woman lost control of her own vehicle and crashed - how can this guy be found guilty of that? Even though he didn't stop, it shouldn't be his responsibility. And even if he wanted to stop, he was going 160MPH - there is no telling how long it would have taken him to pull over safely and reverse on the autobahn (only a dumbass would do that anyways).
:werd: Yah good call the distance youd cover going 160mph would be huge even in a short period of time. The poor guy must have had a crappy lawyer

method
02-20-2004, 03:54 PM
"you are hereby found guilty of a woman losing control of her car."

:dunno:

Chester
02-20-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

:werd: exactly what I was thinking, by the time he pulls over he would be so far away it would be pointless

Melinda
02-20-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
So if I'm cruising along Deerfoot and someone infront of me crashes but I keep cruising along, I can get in trouble?:dunno:
Yep...or at least you used to...if you witness a crime or an accident and do nothing about it and are found later to have been a witness, you can be charged...not jailed I dont think but fines can apply

missblondie
02-20-2004, 05:01 PM
I feel really sorry for that guy... he shows humanity by calling in to see if they are ok and ends up taking the wrap for it... I am not so sure I agree with that...

definetly a tough call for the judge though

car
02-20-2004, 05:18 PM
isnt the cl600 the benz with 600hp?

A2VR6
02-20-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by car
isnt the cl600 the benz with 600hp?

no it's the benz with 493 hp and a twin turbo V-12. It's actually as fast as the CL55 AMG believe it or not.

cappachihngo
02-21-2004, 12:19 AM
ya i agree with this 100%-->

Originally posted by acuraxx
I feel really sorry for that guy... he shows humanity by calling in to see if they are ok and ends up taking the wrap for it... I am not so sure I agree with that...

definetly a tough call for the judge though

mo_virgin
02-21-2004, 12:37 AM
Man what a wicked Job... and for MB too

car
02-22-2004, 05:14 PM
funny how they both work for chrylser and they both drive benzies

Dope Dealer
02-22-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by car

DaimlerChrysler owns Mercedes Benz....

sexualbanana
02-22-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by roopi
So the women tried changing lanes and crashed and this guy is going to jail for it? Doesn't make sense since he wasn't speeding.

I think he's basically going to jail on the charge of negligent behaviour causing death. He didn't do anything illegal by their laws, but he was a significant factor in causing it. The question isn't whether he broke a law, but that if he hadn't closed in behind her so quickly and flashing his highbeams, would she have lost control and crashed?

Of course that's just my opinion on the matter.

Originally posted by car

They're technically Chryslers.

GTS Jeff
02-22-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by car
funny how they both work for chrylser and they both drive benzies as funny as you.

fuck, that guy looks sad in hte photo!