PDA

View Full Version : Getting wheels shipped to Montana. What to expect

toster
05-22-2013, 08:05 PM
i am thinking about buying used wheels from the states and having them shipped to sweetgrass.

i was wondering what all i would have to pay when bringing them across the border? GST and duty? does anyone know how much duty would be for wheels about $2800

i am just wondering what would be cheaper picking up the wheels from sweetgrass, just getting them shipping to lethbridge or buying from canada

any help would be great

thank Taylor

i read this thread but didn't really go over getting them in sweetgrass

i read a couple of threads but im not sure about used wheels

Zero102
05-23-2013, 07:46 AM
How about you pick up the phone, call border services and find out what it would cost?? They are the ones with the official answers.

From there it's just a simple matter of considering what the receiving/holding charges will be at MSO/ATSB, what it will cost you to go there and back, and what your time is worth to make your decision.

:closed:

NoMoreG35
05-23-2013, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Zero102
How about you pick up the phone, call border services and find out what it would cost?? They are the ones with the official answers.

From there it's just a simple matter of considering what the receiving/holding charges will be at MSO/ATSB, what it will cost you to go there and back, and what your time is worth to make your decision.

Haven't u heard that social media is the new Google? :nut:

chkolny541
05-23-2013, 08:43 AM

See sig. (part 1)

toster
05-23-2013, 08:47 AM

Well I tried phoning yesterday and after being on hold for an hour an a half I decided to try my luck on here.

Tik-Tok
05-23-2013, 09:26 AM
GST - Yes
Other Duty - depend on where they were manufactured.

Makes no difference if they were used or not.

gretz
05-23-2013, 10:05 AM
Didn't want to start a new thread, but since this one has been answered, I'll try here...

My boss bought 3 old, old motorcycles from his uncle in NY... They are in Montana and the border requires VIN's / titles. There is an issue as one is a KTM-Penta, which doesn't have a VIN as it is a factory race bike. He only has the title for one of the three bikes and bill of sales for all of them. How can he get these across the border without tearing them down to parts (which would be a shame as some parts would need to be cut)? Any and all info would be awesome.

master hec0
05-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by toster
i am thinking about buying used wheels from the states and having them shipped to sweetgrass.

i was wondering what all i would have to pay when bringing them across the border? GST and duty? does anyone know how much duty would be for wheels about $2800

i am just wondering what would be cheaper picking up the wheels from sweetgrass, just getting them shipping to lethbridge or buying from canada

any help would be great

thank Taylor

i read this thread but didn't really go over getting them in sweetgrass

i read a couple of threads but im not sure about used wheels

I ordered a set of tires/rims for my truck delivered to at the border storage in sweet grass. they asked me for my purchase receipt and if the tires were going on my own vehicle. only had to pay Gst and I was on my way. it was really simple. also my tires/rims were made in Mexico but they did not inquire about manufacture origin.

FraserB
05-23-2013, 09:30 PM
So, I'm back.

ATSB charged me $50 for holding 5 tires that weighed 60lbs each. Paid GST on the tires only, just wanted to see a receipt for them and never asked about country of origin. The agent I spoke with said a receipt from the seller would be fine, but not too sure if this is the actual policy.