PDA

View Full Version : neighbor poisoning trees, anything I can do?

asp integra
05-23-2013, 09:14 AM
hey guys, had a neighbor poison one of my nice poplars last year. had a tree guy in to look at it and then remove the tree after determining it was dead after being poisoned.
Now one of the poplars next to it only has green on 1/2 of the tree. I dont have any evidence of them doing it, but have heard from other people that they had poisoned their trees in the past.
We put up a small sign the other day saying "please dont poison our trees!" and then then my fiancee got a photo of the neighbor sneaking up to take the sign down which spooked her off. haha

Anyways, is there anything I can do here?

GTS4tw
05-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by asp integra
hey guys, had a neighbor poison one of my nice poplars last year. had a tree guy in to look at it and then remove the tree after determining it was dead after being poisoned.
Now one of the poplars next to it only has green on 1/2 of the tree. I dont have any evidence of them doing it, but have heard from other people that they had poisoned their trees in the past.
We put up a small sign the other day saying "please dont poison our trees!" and then then my fiancee got a photo of the neighbor sneaking up to take the sign down which spooked her off. haha

Anyways, is there anything I can do here?

I would put up a security cam facing those trees, then give her a bill. How old was the poplar? Is there some reason she would be doing this? Improving view?

GS430
05-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Maybe approach the neighbor like an adult? Possibly establish why they're doing this, and figure out an ultimatum.

OR just go ham on his property..

http://yourpopfilter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/project-x-2.jpeg

Hallowed_point
05-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Spy camera is the only way to prove anything. I wouldn't put up any
signage indicating there is a camera, as unless he is a total dumbass
he will cease & desist.

*What a tool! :thumbsdow

lilmira
05-23-2013, 09:41 AM
Secretly install a motion activated speaker playing the treebeard voice "you are killing me!", may be some fake actuated tree branches to dramatized the effect, may be some ketchup too.

NoMoreG35
05-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by GS430
Maybe approach the neighbor like an adult? Possibly establish why they're doing this, and figure out an ultimatum.

:rofl:

bmeier
05-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Is the tree in close enough proximity to your neighbours house or cars? if so next time instead of removing it go out at night and cut some of the trunk and direct the falling tree onto his garage or cars. that would be pretty funny...

codetrap
05-23-2013, 10:39 AM
How do you know they're doing it? Do you have any evidence? Have you talked to them? Maybe you could start by simply talking to them first before going down any of these childish paths.

spikerS
05-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by codetrap
How do you know they're doing it? Do you have any evidence? Have you talked to them? Maybe you could start by simply talking to them first before going down any of these childish paths.

Do you think Maury or Jerry Springer got to be king of the empire by talking things over like adults? FUCK NO!

Acting childish gets you money and provides hours of quality family entertainment for the masses!

codetrap
05-23-2013, 10:59 AM
^ LOL. Point made. :D

Hallowed_point
05-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by spikers

Do you think Maury or Jerry Springer got to be king of the empire by talking things over like adults? FUCK NO!

Acting childish gets you money and provides hours of quality family entertainment for the masses!

"So, your saying you didn't poison my trees?? , the test said that was a lie!!"

Heru-Farukon
05-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by lilmira
Secretly install a motion activated speaker playing the treebeard voice "you are killing me!", may be some fake actuated tree branches to dramatized the effect, may be some ketchup too.

Sugarphreak
05-23-2013, 11:52 AM

GS430
05-23-2013, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point

"So, your saying you didn't poison my trees?? , the test said that was a lie!!"

LOL made my morning. :rofl:

Bring in that big black drill sergeant to yell at the neighbor.

suntan
05-23-2013, 12:45 PM
How on earth did the guy know the tree was poisoned???

GS430
05-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by suntan

Op states he had a "tree guy" take a look at it.

http://www.allfancydress.com/images/products/zoom/Haunted-Tree-Costume.jpg

JBreaks
05-23-2013, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by suntan

Strychnine in the outer rings of the core sample bro bra.

gamman
05-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Could just have used a dewalt like the bc interior designer in van. That made front page news.

legendboy
05-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by GS430

:rofl:

i am so glad i have awesome neighbours

we camp with them, itis great :D

Unknown303
05-23-2013, 10:41 PM
Poison the neighbor :dunno:

whydontchathen
05-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Is there such a thing as a nice poplar?

suntan
05-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Yup, there's lots of newer hybrid poplars that don't give off fluff.

bignerd
05-24-2013, 11:31 PM
Who cares about the fluff, its the sticky yellow seed covers or whatever that stain everything they get on that suck.