PDA

View Full Version : LF: Contact at a Calgary Jeep Dealer

spike98
05-24-2013, 02:42 PM
I am looking to trade in my '12 overland for a new '14 overland and all of the dealers in medicine hat are giving me nothing but the runaround.

I am wondering if there is anyone on here that works for, or knows someone that works for one of the Jeep/Chrysler dealers in Calgary.

It would be the easiest sales of there career. I don't even need to see the car before i put down a deposit. I tested one locally and know what i want. We just need to agree on the prices then take my CC # for a deposit. Easy.

CanmoreOrLess
05-24-2013, 02:54 PM
All the OP wants to do is trade a 2012 plus cash for a 2014.... bizarre how the sales process can go sometimes. I am seeking out a diesel GC... this sales transaction sounds like it is going to be fun this summer.

spike98
05-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
All the OP wants to do is trade a 2012 plus cash for a 2014.... bizarre how the sales process can go sometimes. I am seeking out a diesel GC... this sales transaction sounds like it is going to be fun this summer.

Oh man, good luck with the Diesel! I want one in the worst way but no one has them. We had ONE in medicine hat for about a week after release.

My deal is a little more complicated because i still owe on the first GC. But still. Should be easy.

corsvette
05-24-2013, 03:40 PM
I've heard Laszlo at Tower is a no b.S guy who's great to deal with and a Jeep enthusiast as well.

haggis88
05-24-2013, 04:24 PM
Avoid Varsity ;)

Graham_A_M
05-24-2013, 05:14 PM
^ And Big four... and Eastside...

Dodge dealers here in Calgary are fucking horrendous.

Reason number 421 to why I'll never own another Dodge product. :nut: :thumbsdow

s dime
05-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Pm'd

spike98
05-27-2013, 07:41 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I ended up going with Stevie at Chinook Chrysler in taber. It was seriously a hassle free deal. She also didn't try to fist me on my trade in either. The whole ordeal took maybe 5 mins of phone conversations and a quick trip to taber to sign. Buying a car has never been this smooth for me and i was subborn with my trade.

I take delivery of a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland Black on Black with the Hemi tomorrow at a great price. Ill post pictures when i get it if anyone is interested.

natty54
05-27-2013, 08:57 AM
I have a friend in Red Deer @ southside if anyone wants to venture up there

TravisF79
05-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Enjoy the ride, the 2014 Overland's are a beautiful vehicle.

AliXJ
06-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Stay away, far away from TOWER!!!

98type_r
06-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by spike98

I take delivery of a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland Black on Black with the Hemi tomorrow at a great price. Ill post pictures when i get it if anyone is interested.

pics? initial impressions?

spike98
06-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by 98type_r

pics? initial impressions?

I am waiting until we have some decent weather here in the hat for some pictures.

Initial impressions are great! I came from a 2012 Grand Cherokee Overland so the shock of the vehicle wore off quickly as it wasn't a huge step up for me.

The build is great and the ride is smooth as butter. All of the upgrades from the '11-'13 are worth the switch. The hemi has lots of power and the mileage isn't too bad. Their new 8 speed transmission is learning right now so its kind of jerky sometimes but that should clear up after the first 2k km.

I absolutely love the vehicle as i did my MY12 but i need the power of the hemi over the V6 so i figured if im going to upgrade, id do it right. Im very pleased with the deal and the value for the dollar that you get out of the 2014. It seriously rides, looks, and goes like a premium luxury car at a huge price saving. When i got into the '12 i was testing audi's, MB's, and BMW. Although they are great machines, the cost different and similar feel of the JGC just couldn't be matched.