PDA

View Full Version : Question about Shock Absorbers

Weapon_R
02-20-2004, 01:58 PM
Is it wrong to pair up different front and rear shock absorbers?

I need a couple of rear shocks, but my fronts seem to be fine. I am thinking about getting some KYB adjustables, but is there a problem with running 2 front OEM struts and 2 rear KYB adj or vice versa??

Tuner1
02-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Not a great idea! It is very important to keep the valving (damping rates) consistent front to rear. If you had KYB GR2s on one end and KYB AGXs set to full soft on the other end you 'might' be okay. You'd be better off to save up a bit longer and get a set of four matched dampers :)

Rob

GTS Jeff
02-21-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Is it wrong to pair up different front and rear shock absorbers?

I need a couple of rear shocks, but my fronts seem to be fine. I am thinking about getting some KYB adjustables, but is there a problem with running 2 front OEM struts and 2 rear KYB adj or vice versa?? if u just want to replace the rears, get some oem replacements like munro sensatracs :)

SwitchBlade
02-22-2004, 12:31 AM
I wouldnt see why having mismatched front and rear shocks wouldnt work. If you are looking for all around performance i would keep all the shocks the same as rob suggested. Although, you could substitute a different brand of shocks for your daily driver if you had too.