PDA

View Full Version : BA - Automotive Management @ Sait

will3g
05-28-2013, 05:58 PM
I've been looking through here but not seeing anything about automotive management unless im blind ><. I was wondering if it's worth it to take this course or not. Wanna see where people are at after finishing this course. Any pros and cons about this career path?

I want to become a finance manager one day at a dealership or maybe even work at a bank or some sort of insurance company.

Let me no thanks.

Sait Automotive Management Course (http://www.sait.ca/programs-and-courses/full-time-studies/diplomas/business-administration-automotive-management-course-overview.php)

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-28-2013, 06:28 PM
I took the AST course at SAIT (different course) and managed to land a Service Advisor job pretty much right out of SAIT, should be easy to get business related jobs with the Automotive Management degree and a little knowledge.

Jeff_E
05-28-2013, 10:09 PM
For me this program is a waste of time and money. I took this for a year but ended up switching to a regular BA diploma. You can still get into the finance department of a dealership if you take BA as long as you major in finance. BUT you can not be a finance manager right after you graduate. you can be a finance manager even if you DO NOT TAKE this program. Some dealership have their own dealer university. For example Toyota. Toyota has a TOYOTA UNIVERSITY as they call it. Most of my classmates from the said program switched to a regular BA diploma.

You NEED to have some automotive experience in order to become a manager at a dealership. You need to show them that you are worth it.

Some finance managers at some dealerships don't even have their diploma.