PDA

View Full Version : Insurance question: parking lot hit and run

Xtrema
05-29-2013, 09:27 AM
Dad just got passenger door scratched at a parking lot. Hit and run, don't know who, no witness. The patch is about 1ft by 3ft, so most likely it's a bumper contact whoever parked next to him.

Doesn't look like it can be buff out and most likely a repaint. I would assume deductible applies here and won't count as at fault accident?

Projek01
05-29-2013, 09:37 AM
You are correct sir. Deductible and no increases in premiums.

osspasha
05-29-2013, 09:39 AM
I claimed a hit and run not long ago, TD waived my deductible. and premium didnt go up.

Disoblige
05-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Claims history man, I claimed hit and runs before and my premiums rose :thumbsdow
This was during high school when I was hit twice in one year.

clem24
05-29-2013, 09:58 AM
So.. Why don't you just CALL your insurance company and ask? And if you don't want to reveal your identity, just call the general number, tell them you're a client, and then ask instead of coming on here.

Xtrema
05-29-2013, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by clem24
So.. Why don't you just CALL your insurance company and ask? And if you don't want to reveal your identity, just call the general number, tell them you're a client, and then ask instead of coming on here.

Hmmm, that's not a bad idea.

littledan
05-29-2013, 10:51 AM
i claimed hit and run after I was literally hit and run by some maritime asshole from nova scotia in a big honkin dodge ram truck. guess what, my premiums went up. f'n TD meloche monnex.

max_boost
05-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Chippy auto for spot repair?

94boosted
05-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by osspasha
I claimed a hit and run not long ago, TD waived my deductible. and premium didnt go up.

:werd: Same story here.

Masked Bandit
05-29-2013, 01:27 PM
999 times out of 1000 a hit & run won't affect your rates. We have one smaller company that has an extra discount for absolutely no claims of any kind but on a $1000 auto policy the loss of that discount usually works out to about $25 a year. Hardly worth considering. The general rule is that hit & run won't affect your premiums.

Disoblige
05-29-2013, 01:36 PM
I believe you should file a police report to be safe.
I think mine raised because I didn't file a police report. Didn't think it mattered back then and I wasn't even advised to :dunno:

Hallowed_point
05-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by littledan
i claimed hit and run after I was literally hit and run by some maritime asshole from nova scotia in a big honkin dodge ram truck. guess what, my premiums went up. f'n TD meloche monnex.

LOL..the "East Coast special" (RAM & a maritimes flag decal.)

That sucks, things like this make me really angry at the insurance world. It's their job to take the risk..

lilmira
05-29-2013, 02:15 PM
I haven't experienced any hit and run. I haven't filed for any claim. I have no ticket. My rate went up. :nut:

Xtrema
05-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by lilmira
I haven't experienced any hit and run. I haven't filed for any claim. I have no ticket. My rate went up. :nut:

Too many douchbags are driving or stealing your car. It's the Civic factor.