PDA

View Full Version : Preldue (95) stock wheel install question

core_upt
02-20-2004, 02:59 PM
Hey guys,

I was just putting my stock wheels back on my 95 Prelude SR-V and all the wheels went on normally except the drivers front wheel. It doesn't seem to fit in far enough onto the axle mounted bolts. I'm not sure if this makes sense. The wheel will fit on, but not far enough back - there is a 1/4-1/2" gap between the wheel and the flush part of the axle. Nothing seems to be bent, my summer wheels were on fine and last time these wheels were on they fit on fine.

Any suggestions? Anyone have this problem before? Do you think The wheel is safe enough to get to a mechanic if it doesn't fit flush?

Here are some pics, not sure if this will clear anything up, but any help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Justin

core_upt
02-20-2004, 03:00 PM
another one:

^SkylinE^
02-20-2004, 03:12 PM
WOW those are the worst pics every. Try and get some better quality ones!

core_upt
02-21-2004, 12:41 AM
yeah i know, i tried but there is no good angle to shoot them at since its behind the wheel. The pics are pretty much useless!

shadowz
02-21-2004, 03:27 AM
Well knowing that you also have aftermarket wheels, it is quite likely that you still have a hub centering ring on that side

GTS Jeff
02-21-2004, 09:52 PM
try fitting the wheel to other spots to see if its the wheel or the actual bolts.

core_upt
02-23-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
Well knowing that you also have aftermarket wheels, it is quite likely that you still have a hub centering ring on that side

Good call!

Thanks, I don't know how I missed that little ring, but its all good now. Thank you Nick. Now if you can find a way to get all the ice to melt, water to evaporate and gravel to go away so I can take my car out for a spin, that'd be awesome!