PDA

View Full Version : Industrial Fire Rated Glass Door

1BADSTI
05-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Hi guys,

Do you guys know what is the regulation in Calgary for industrial fire rated glass door? Can I install a metal frame full size glass door fire rated? Thanks

STi

88CRX
05-30-2013, 02:39 PM
What do you mean industrial? Is it in an exit or what two spaces is it separating?

1BADSTI
05-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Exist door at the second office floor. I want to have a full size glass install but the landlord keep saying that the door must be fire rated and he only give me a half size glass. So i want to argue and i need documents to back up

AndyL
05-30-2013, 05:27 PM
2 parts to this... Depends on what that door is rated to - will have a label - that kinda determines the rest...

NFPA80 restricts square footage of glass depending on size and rating.

Now the cost part is where it gets real ugly - it might be 5k+ for a 30 minute full glass fire rated door... Tempered safety wire glass for fire doors is RIDICULOUSLY expensive.

janicedemesa
10-13-2013, 07:10 PM
actually, there are plenty of glass door companies out there too in your place that can really help you with it. I am sure everything would be that fine and perfect.

speedog
10-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by janicedemesa
actually, there are plenty of glass door companies out there too in your place that can really help you with it. I am sure everything would be that fine and perfect.
Welcome to beyond. BTW nice sig.