PDA

View Full Version : WTF?? Saw 5 new Mitsubishi Eclipses today on a semi!! Anyone else see them?

semasema
09-20-2002, 10:21 PM
Hey all,

Today (Friday) I was at the Northland Mall McDonald's at around 1pm, across from Churchill High School when a semi carrrying cars drove by. I didn't pay much attention at first but then when it pulled up beside me I looked and noticed 5 new Mitsu Eclipses on it. I was like wtf is it doing here in Calgary?? If they were transporting it anywhere, why would it be through Canada? I thought that Mitsu was supposed to enter the Canadian market last year but nothing ever happened so I forgot about it. If they were still going to enter the Canadian market, wouldn't anyone hear about it by now?

It was kind of cool to see something I don't see very often (actually saw one in Vancouver last month with Washington plates). Anyone else see this today?

Dope Dealer
09-20-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by semasema
Hey all,

Today (Friday) I was at the Northland Mall McDonald's at around 1pm, across from Churchill High School when a semi carrrying cars drove by. I didn't pay much attention at first but then when it pulled up beside me I looked and noticed 5 new Mitsu Eclipses on it. I was like wtf is it doing here in Calgary?? If they were transporting it anywhere, why would it be through Canada? I thought that Mitsu was supposed to enter the Canadian market last year but nothing ever happened so I forgot about it. If they were still going to enter the Canadian market, wouldn't anyone hear about it by now?

It was kind of cool to see something I don't see very often (actually saw one in Vancouver last month with Washington plates). Anyone else see this today?

There is a dealership supposed to open in November or so.

Clem
09-20-2002, 10:40 PM
Haven't seen one in person yet but I'm not a fan of the new design. Reminds me alot of the first 3000GTs/Stealths

TEG_G2
09-20-2002, 10:52 PM
There actually rite now hiring stuff for I think one of the Mitsubishi dealerships...It's called Plantinum Mitsubishi...they have it in the Calgary Sun classifieds.

Stratus_Power
09-20-2002, 10:59 PM
sweet...the day has come! i want eclipse now! :eek:

RGAGT
09-20-2002, 11:09 PM
Yeah They are Sitting Down at Hyatt Infiniti in the auto mall right Now that's Where the Dealership is going to be

TEG_G2
09-20-2002, 11:13 PM
Here's the site www.mitsu.ca

gpomp
09-21-2002, 07:01 AM
Uh, try this one:
www.mitsucars.ca

D'z Nutz
09-21-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
Uh, try this one:
www.mitsucars.ca

They need to work the bugs out of that one. All of Yukon's, NWT's, Alberta's, and BC's retailers are in BC, while Navahut's, Manitoba's, and Saskatchewan's retailers are in Saskatchewan! :rofl:

That first link was simply terrible! What was up with that? Looked cheaply made.

CRXguy
09-21-2002, 09:43 AM
I've seen both the Spyder and coupe, and they're both pretty ugly!

RiceCake
09-21-2002, 10:33 AM
seen 2 of the new mitsu eclipse spyders in town with charlsgen toyota badges on it:dunno: :)

4G63Power
09-21-2002, 12:20 PM
Only if they did this before the Eclipse made it's drastic changes...:dunno:

Then a 99 Eclipse GSX would be mine...not this ugly body style and V6 set-up

Oh well...

DSM Power
09-21-2002, 12:33 PM
Wooo it's about time they got some stock around here. :) I'll have to swing by and have a look... :burnout:

SaskS14
09-23-2002, 09:58 AM
We have had a temporary dealership set up here in Regina since the beginning of the month. I dunno. I personally think that the eclipses are over priced. They had a spyder and the tag on it was 42,000. I took a V6 for a test drive and while it was quite responsive the whole car felt heavy and like a boat. Maybe I am just spoiled driving a lighter car, but over all I wasn't too impressed with them. Not enough to spend 35,000 atleast. I would rather buy a RSX-S.

Davetronz
09-23-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power
Wooo it's about time they got some stock around here. :) I'll have to swing by and have a look... :burnout:

WERD! :)

I was looking at a phat 1996 Eclipse online today, then I saw his steering wheel and noticed the Eagle logo on it and realized he had taken a 1996 Talon and dropped a Eclipse kit on it.... :rofl:

Speed_RaSiR
09-24-2002, 08:28 AM
I wonder if they will get any older Mitsu's, I would kill for a 96 Eclipse GS-X :drool: :drool: :drool:

Stratus_Power
09-24-2002, 08:51 AM
the new eclipse doesn look too bad... ( even w/ the interior of a sebring/stratus) but yes it is overpriced

CloudLight
09-24-2002, 02:58 PM
hah anyone have contact info for the mitsu dealership that's hiring up north?

CloudLight