PDA

View Full Version : LF: Long cut off tree branches

LUDELVR
05-31-2013, 11:38 AM
Kind of a weird question but does anyone know where I could get some branches that have been already cut off from their trees? I'm pretty sure I can't just go to any random tree in the parks and just start hacking!!

The goal here is for a wedding reception and we're looking to take the trees and tie them up against the pillars surrounding the dance hall so they hook like bare trees so I'm thinking they'll need to be fairly long but not too long.

Anyway, let me know if you know where I should go digging around for these and if you have a tree that you are taking the branches off let me know! :thumbsup:

bspot
05-31-2013, 12:12 PM
I've got some serious pruning to do on a couple of my trees and could probably help you out. Especially if you have access to one of those pruners with the string to pull the blade/the saw on the long handle to reach the high branches.

codetrap
05-31-2013, 12:42 PM
Last year I responded to a kijiji ad for firewood. Someone down south was clear cutting and it was a case of come down and slice off what you want for free. There was TONS of branches etc. I would suggest looking for similar ad's and taking your saw with you.

Ichigo
05-31-2013, 01:09 PM
I just hacked a few branches off my tree's and bushes last week about 4-5 feet long with misc branches sticking out all over the place uncut. I was going to use them to fuel my firepit. Theyre drying out in my backyard. You can help yourself to them if you want.

LUDELVR
06-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Found some good branches thanks to ichigo! These branches should work really well! You so saved me the hassle of the cutting which seems like a pain in the ass!! :rofl: And if I need more I might hit up those that have pm'd me!!