PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket seats

Awolmonster
06-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Hey guys I drive a 2010 honda civic sedan and I am looking to add a pair of aftermarket seats to the car.

Okay I have read over and over on threads and such on after market seats so a few things to get out there right away.

I am not buying fake brides ( or real ones for that matter) im not that ballin, not buying fake seats period.

I also know I am getting rid of airbags in both the seats and thats getting rid of safety things installed in the car. but I am willing to part with JUST those two.

I know once you put in after market seats that your airbag light will come on. and then you have no working airbags in the car, I talked to honda to verify that fact and they said no not one will be working when that light comes on as it thinks there is a problem and shuts it down.

I am just trying to find the work around to get rid of that light with the resistor way, and there has to be someone on here or perhaps another forum that knows of this and the way to do it. I would like the rest of the airbags to work again and not have to worry about them not deploying if something happens

do I have to do it to both drivers side and passenger side? all the information would be great to have for me and for anyone else trying this.

so that being said. I am sure people will come out of their troll caves again on this one and this being a public forum I cannot stop you, nor will i bitch whine or complain that your posting in this thread.

speedog
06-01-2013, 12:40 PM
http://images.palcdn.com/hlr-system/WebPhotos/07/070/0701/0701003.jpg

Awolmonster
06-01-2013, 12:42 PM
LOL

Sugarphreak
06-01-2013, 02:26 PM

NoMoreG35
06-01-2013, 03:14 PM
:rofl:

schocker
06-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Why not just get Si seats or something. This sounds like a horrible plan.

amear
06-01-2013, 11:53 PM
there's threads on hondatech and what not about how to reset the SRS light with a paper clip. I'd search it up and work around it with the paper clip or tape the paperclip in or somshit.

zieg
06-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Yeah oem safety devices are for chumps cuz yolo n shit

speeed
06-02-2013, 12:43 AM
everything you need to know is here
LINK (http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/inside-out/295298-official-everything-about-fooling-opds-thread-aftermarket-seats.html)

Alak
06-02-2013, 12:28 PM
I took the SRS bulb out of the dash for my out of province. Problem solved.

xnvy
06-03-2013, 02:23 PM
On a related note, does anyone know of some shops around Calgary where I could go and sit in a couple of different seats? I'm thinking of buying a pair for my car next season and while the consensus seems to be the MOMO Start I would prefer to actually sit in a few seats and get a feel of what is most comfortable.

Chantastic
06-03-2013, 04:41 PM
^ I'll second this request.

Also, has anyone noticed the decline in Sparco as of late? Crap products such as steering wheel covers are now being sold at Canadian Tire... and what about this new R100? It's dirt cheap and looks good! I've read only good reviews about it, anyone have a set?

RickDaTuner
06-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Alak
I took the SRS bulb out of the dash for my out of province. Problem solved.

There is a newly updated procedure during OPIs that requires shops to scan the car regardless of light present or not on the dash.
This of course to prevent mistakes of burnt out bulbs, and the occasional person trying to sidestep the SRS system

Chantastic
06-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Chantastic
^ I'll second this request.

Also, has anyone noticed the decline in Sparco as of late? Crap products such as steering wheel covers are now being sold at Canadian Tire... and what about this new R100? It's dirt cheap and looks good! I've read only good reviews about it, anyone have a set?

Anyone?

HO2S
06-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

There is a newly updated procedure during OPIs that requires shops to scan the car regardless of light present or not on the dash.
This of course to prevent mistakes of burnt out bulbs, and the occasional person trying to sidestep the SRS system
The newest out of province update was in 2009 due to the government mandated CAN network. Then in fairly sure the last one was in 2006. I'm going to go ahead assume that after 1996 after mandated obdII all networked modals such as abs, pcm ,tcm ,bcm, and air bag had to have communication and no codes for a pass.
As far as I can remember I have always pluged in to make sure no bulbs have been taken out or burnt out. Any shop that hasn't done that i'm sure has been ass raped by Alberta transportation in the last few years.