PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Rating threads

switch
02-20-2004, 04:56 PM
pinoyhero brought up the idea of standardizing the restaurant reviews so they are useful to all of us -- I agree but I would like to add a couple things.

- Restaurant name
- Ambience /5
- Service /5

Then a short description of what you had and what was good/bad about it. If I am going somewhere for the first time it would be nice to know what is good/bad beforehand.

Like pinoyhero suggested, finish with the cost per person. For cost, it might be an idea to mention if you had drinks or not.

Also might be an idea to add Review to you subject line, ie. Review: Sushi Hanna. That way they standout from complaint and cooking threads.

cheers.

hjr
02-20-2004, 05:07 PM
add in a value /5. you know like was it worth da money.

kenny
03-04-2004, 12:25 AM
Also if you rating the same restaurant/establishment just post onto someone elses thread so we don't have multiple threads reviewing the same restaurant. :thumbsup:

IndianCritic
07-05-2004, 06:32 PM
I just recently went to the new location of the Calgary Sweet House in Falconridge and let me tell you it is definately redefining East Indian in the way we once knew it. It has the great authentic east indian taste but in a contemporary environment.!!!

Calgary Sweet house cafe and Grill
Falconridge
Food 5/5
Price 5/5
Ambiance4/5
Service 5/5

lunch $8.99
Dinner 10.99 buffet!!!
They even have a menu that rocks!!!

Anyone else gone there yet??

jdmakkord
07-06-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by IndianCritic
I just recently went to the new location of the Calgary Sweet House in Falconridge and let me tell you it is definately redefining East Indian in the way we once knew it. It has the great authentic east indian taste but in a contemporary environment.!!!

Calgary Sweet house cafe and Grill
Falconridge
Food 5/5
Price 5/5
Ambiance4/5
Service 5/5

lunch $8.99
Dinner 10.99 buffet!!!
They even have a menu that rocks!!!

Anyone else gone there yet??

Almost seems like you work there, or own the place:rofl: Quit digging up old threads and whoring about the restaraunt.

IndianCritic
07-08-2004, 02:10 PM
yah i would not mind working there, there is a really cute guy that works there.... so it would definately be fun...

hjr
07-08-2004, 02:21 PM
please start a new thread for new reviews, dont whore up the guidelines thread. thanks.

(mods could move these posts)

pinoyhero
02-20-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by switch
pinoyhero brought up the idea of standardizing the restaurant reviews so they are useful to all of us -- I agree but I would like to add a couple things.

- Restaurant name
- Ambience /5
- Service /5

Then a short description of what you had and what was good/bad about it. If I am going somewhere for the first time it would be nice to know what is good/bad beforehand.

Like pinoyhero suggested, finish with the cost per person. For cost, it might be an idea to mention if you had drinks or not.

Also might be an idea to add Review to you subject line, ie. Review: Sushi Hanna. That way they standout from complaint and cooking threads.

cheers.

Great idea, I didn't read this post befoire i just posted a review of Wa's sushi. I changed it up a bit, hope no one minds.

sweetchariot
11-12-2005, 12:16 PM
East Indian food :- Taj Mahal, Macleod Trail:clap: :clap:

tasamy
02-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Here are my reviews of the best resturants that I went to in Calgary :

* Samosa grill is an excellent restaurant with terrific atmosphere and excellent service. Have your friend there and you will spend a good time. Awesome buffet and individual dishes !

- Restaurant name : Samosa Grill
- Type Indian/African
- Food rating 4.5/5
- Ambience 5/5
- Service 5/5
- Value 4.8/5

* Pita basket is really excellent restaurant for those who want to taste midetrenian food. It has a cheap menu and sure great sandwiches/wraps.

- Restaurant name : Pita basket
- Type : mediterranean / western
- Food rating 5/5
- Ambience 4/5
- Service 4/5
- Value 4.5/5

* New Dynasty Seafood Restaurant : best asian buffet in Calgary with a huge selection. They do not have seafood items in the weekdays buffet. It has a cheap buffet & excellent service. :D

- Restaurant name : New Dynasty Seafood Restaurant
- Type : asian
- Food rating 4.5/5
- Ambience 4.5/5
- Service 5/5
- Value 5/5

* Babylon Kabob : The only cheap kabob restaurant in Calgary. Has a huge selection of Iraq dishes :nut: . I liked eggplants and sure the kofta. Do not have a buffet though but the dish is enough.

- Restaurant name : Babylon Kabob
- Type : Arabic
- Food rating 5/5
- Ambience 4.5/5
- Service 3.5/5
- Value 4.5/5

* Canadian Pizza Unlimited : excellent pizza. They have rare types that you can not find anywhere else : pastarmi pizza, lean ground beef pizza, armenian sausage pizza, ... awesome !
- Restaurant name : Canadian Pizza Unlimited
- Type : Western Style
- Food rating 5/5
- Ambience 4/5
- Service 5/5
- Value 4.5/5

Hope you enjoy it ! My first post
:guns:

lerny
02-20-2007, 08:40 PM
just tried a new sub shop in woodstcok, ont. It used to be a Mr.Sub, looked like the older version, red and white, nostalgic, surprisingly very clean too.
We tried their assorted meats and it was so fresh tasting i had to ask why this was so good, the owner replied we slice all our veggies fresh evry day and also slice our meats too. Tried their grilled chicken with ranch dressing and i thought iwas in heaven, i asked again and lorne the owner said its real chicken white meat only for 6.99 was a bargain and the assorted was 5.69, they also specialize in potuguese bread. The name of the place is Woodstock Subs, 896 Dundas st. Woodstock, Ontario. From lerny,[email protected]

warped
01-03-2008, 11:00 PM
The best restaurant I have been to in Calgary is the Vintage Chop House on 11th. I have been 4 times now including a New Years Eve package, and the experience has been wonderful every time. It's a little bit upscale but worth every penny. Also there is a blues/jazz bar attached with great bands and great music.

Food 5/5
Price 5/5
Ambiance 5/5
Service 5/5

tm.88
06-03-2008, 08:14 PM
- Pulcinella
- Kensington
- Food rating 5/5
- Ambience 4/5
- Service 5/5

Great pizzeria with a somewhat high class feel, especially if you see what i believe is the owners porsche out front. Apparantly the largest wood burning oven in western canada. We sat facing it and it is neat how the cook the pizza inside the oven. Great wine list as well. Service was great, our server was swamped and forgot a few things, but being more than friendly made up for it. I would rather a server who may only show up a few times during your meal, but when he/she comes they will have a breif convo with you than someone who is there 10 times and just grabs stuff and takes off. If you go, try the dessert that has nutella. UNREAL.
2 pizzas, bottle of Batzella Ormai and the dessert was $111 (for 2 people)