PDA

View Full Version : South Deerfoot Suzuki???

A.N.
06-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Hey there Beyonders,

Anyone have any recent dealings with SDS? They have a car I want but with all the bad experiences, I really wanna stay way. Most of the posts are 2011 and older. Anyone have recent experience with them or any news that they have changed their ways? I'm guessing no recent posts means no self respecting beyonder would ever go but I thought I would ask. Thanks

Anthony

artieg30
06-02-2013, 05:25 PM
I was just there this weekend to check out a used car that my sister was interested in. Didn't grab the guy's name but he was pretty akward....

He also didn't know much on cars (asked him several questions such as the package car came with etc. and wasn't able to answer most of them). He also showed no interest in terms of making a sale and seemed very non-chalant. Bottom line he lacked sales professionalism....

In terms of the dealer the place seemed pretty abandoned for a Saturday afternoon and the dealer lot looked very empty...

Isaiah
06-02-2013, 05:26 PM
There was some little kid with pimples who worked there that was a sponsor on the forums. I think his dad owned the joint. Haven't seen him around since the thread went buck wild.

A790
06-02-2013, 05:43 PM
I bought a SRT-4 from them once. No complaints here.

A.N.
06-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the replies so far.

Anthony

NoMoreG35
06-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah
There was some little kid with pimples who worked there that was a sponsor on the forums. I think his dad owned the joint. Haven't seen him around since the thread went buck wild.

Something Norman... Or Norman Something?

euro_racer
06-02-2013, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by A790
I bought a SRT-4 from them once. No complaints here.

Isn't that the srt-4 that had several washers stacked under the bolts holding the front seats? I think there was a thread on that where the mechanics overlooked that but your detailer found them...

To the OP knowing their past I'd still stay away from that place.

A790
06-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer

Isn't that the srt-4 that had several washers stacked under the bolts holding the front seats? I think there was a thread on that where the mechanics overlooked that but your detailer found them...

To the OP knowing their past I'd still stay away from that place.
Ahh yes, I forgot! Renee did find a bunch of washers on the passenger seat bolts. I completely forgot about that.

EDIT: Here's the thread: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/278491/south-deerfoot-suzuki-lawsuit-waiting-to-happen-/

SDS took care of it and gave it another inspection at a shop of my choosing. Nothing else was found. I was satisfied with the outcome.

corsvette
06-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Now that Suzuki is pulling out from our markets one must wonder if SDS will even be around for much longer.

Graham_A_M
06-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by NoMoreG35

Something Norman... Or Norman Something?

Norman Baker, I remember him quite well... he disappeared and revoked his sponsership when that thread that Jaymez (James) made went off the hook.

Yeah, too bad his dad's dealings killed everybodies perceptions of that place. Suzuki's dont interest me in the least, but even if they did I'd never buy one at SDS.

Unprofessionalism is the name of the game over there. :nut:

sneek
06-02-2013, 08:55 PM
This is the thread: http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/i-jaymez-will-never-ever-buy-from-south-deerfoot-suzuki-ever/showthread.php?s=&threadid=304459&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

JAYMEZ
06-03-2013, 01:20 AM
Fuckin scam artists ..

Just had to deal with more scam shit they did.. I bought a 2007 BMW 335i from them (Clean title was show on carfax blah blah) ... We have called AMVIC about this one..

Sold car to my friend , and now he is trading it in , and MAGICALLY the car was in an accident before they sold it to me (Finding this out in APRIL 2013!)... South Deerfoot suzuki are scammers .. They fucked me over on rims that they stole (Told me they threw out new 19 inch rims.. then a beyonder on here told me they tried to sell them to him) , they sold me a car with a flat tire and told me that because its cold that the tire pressure light would come on... (Ya bullshit Normal Baker).. Tire with run flats blew up 3 days after I bought the fuckin car , and they blamed ME!

Anyways , stay the fuck away from them. AMVIC even said they have heard alot about them.. Even the salesmen at BMW said to stay away from dealing with them.

remixsecret
06-03-2013, 02:33 AM
Holy shit, after reading that post by JAYMEZ, it made me realize that dealership sucks ass.:thumbsdow

M.alex
06-03-2013, 02:39 AM
They had a Cadillac XLR-V I wanted ...... they wanted $28k for a 3rd party warranty with it. LULZ

NoMoreG35
06-03-2013, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by M.alex
They had a Cadillac XLR-V I wanted ...... they wanted $28k for a 3rd party warranty with it. LULZ

28k... Is it wrapped in gold?!?!

zieg
06-03-2013, 07:50 AM
They had an RX-8 I was interested in last fall. I didn't even talk to anyone, but the ad said great condition yada yada..

anyways I get down there to look at it, it's got a terrible bondo job on one of the rear fenders (looks like someone applied it with a broom and didn't sand it) and then after taking a closer look at the rest of the car, I realized the whole thing had a cheap respray. I took off after that.

Graham_A_M
06-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
Fuckin scam artists ..

Just had to deal with more scam shit they did.. I bought a 2007 BMW 335i from them (Clean title was show on carfax blah blah) ... We have called AMVIC about this one..

Sold car to my friend , and now he is trading it in , and MAGICALLY the car was in an accident before they sold it to me (Finding this out in APRIL 2013!)... South Deerfoot suzuki are scammers .. They fucked me over on rims that they stole (Told me they threw out new 19 inch rims.. then a beyonder on here told me they tried to sell them to him) , they sold me a car with a flat tire and told me that because its cold that the tire pressure light would come on... (Ya bullshit Normal Baker).. Tire with run flats blew up 3 days after I bought the fuckin car , and they blamed ME!

Anyways , stay the fuck away from them. AMVIC even said they have heard alot about them.. Even the salesmen at BMW said to stay away from dealing with them.

Jesus....:nut: Im amazed Suzuki Canada didn't throw the book at these guys for the practices, someone should email the cust. service department about all the threads we have about them here.

:eek:

infamous
06-03-2013, 11:41 AM
it seriously wouldn't matter. the owner (david baker) doesn't care about anything other than making a buck.....within the year sds will be shut down, but they are currently looking into other franchises to take over Suzuki.

his kid norman is even more of an asshole, his daughter (who works there as well) is a bitch.....

the mechanics there are good though, I know both of them personally.

I used to work there, but I didn't even last a month before I had seen the light and told them to eff off......lol

I would never in my life ever ever ever buy a car from there.....I hate Calgary transit but would gladly take it over having to deal with the bullshit and lies and crap!!!

just my personal opinion though.....

guessboi
06-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Wow still the same old SDS.
My mother actually bought a brand new SX4 there a couple years back without telling me. At least she bought it new and not used.

gulfstorm
06-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Went to look at an A4 avant there once. Had over 10K worth of body damage that was not disclosed ANYWHERE. Was told they would take care of it for CHEAP..LOL....I ran away as fast as I could!:eek: :eek:

Tik-Tok
06-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Jesus....:nut: Im amazed Suzuki Canada didn't throw the book at these guys for the practices, someone should email the cust. service department about all the threads we have about them here.

I think the automotive division of Suzuki could care less st this point, lol.

TomcoPDR
06-04-2013, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by guessboi
Wow still the same old SDS.
My mother actually bought a brand new SX4 there a couple years back without telling me. At least she bought it new and not used.

You mad at ur mom for buying a new ride without telling you? Or more mad she bought a Suzuki?

BokCh0y
06-04-2013, 08:14 AM
I went there a few months ago to check out a car they had for sale, dealt with Normy B. Things have not changed much - dealership is still empty, they're more of a used car lot trying to sell higher end (but mainly rebuilt status) cars. Only big change? Normy B is more arrogant now than he was when he had his mullet and pimples. He buzzed his head and now sports a go-tee. Guess he needed something to cover the stretch marks :dunno:

Anyway, horrible experience. Don't even know why I gave that joint another chance, I knew what I was getting into. One look at the car they had for sale, and I just took off. Waste of time especially since their hours are like 9-530 or something stupid like that.

So what will happen next year when Suzuki stops selling vehicles in Canada? I hope the baker fam doesn't get into another dealership...like Honda or Toyota or something? At this moment, I'd much rather buy a car from our friends at GoFC before SDS...haha.

Just my opinion of course.

guessboi
06-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

You mad at ur mom for buying a new ride without telling you? Or more mad she bought a Suzuki?

Not mad, glad she bought new but she over paid. lol.

gt35r
06-04-2013, 10:17 AM
STAY FAR FAR AWAY! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE THERE. I HAVE HAD BETTER AND MORE PROFESSIONAL SERVICE AT MCDONALDS BY FAR. NORMAN IS A RODENT - HOPEFULLY THOSE LOSERS GO BANK-O

euro_racer
06-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Just take a look at the staff page:
http://www.southdeerfootsuzuki.com/dealership/staff.htm

The turnaround is so large that most staff don't even have pictures to their names and the list changes frequently. And the shop is ran by ONE apprentice??

I'm really surprised these guys are still around

corsvette
06-04-2013, 01:45 PM
You can sure tell their level of professionalism just by the huge effort put forward in their "meet the staff" page. Only dealership I've ever seen that does not print the employees last names.

sillysod
06-04-2013, 01:51 PM
SDS About us
Not only are we a top retailer of new Suzuki vehicles, we also specialize as one of Calgary's premier luxury brand retailers. From Audi, BMW, Mercedes and more, we're your one stop dealership for luxury brand vehicles!

guessboi
06-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by corsvette
You can sure tell their level of professionalism just by the huge effort put forward in their "meet the staff" page. Only dealership I've ever seen that does not print the employees last names.

or with a telus.net email. :rofl:

hellraiser456
06-04-2013, 02:52 PM
These guys scammed me out of 50 bucks. i left a deposit on a car, but found another one that i liked better. I came back,the salesman (i don't know who) basically told me to get bent. it was funny to me because the shitty looking used car dealer gave me a deposit back that same day.

I won't be going back.

Graham_A_M
06-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by corsvette
Probably for security reasons. People dont want the reputations of that place following them around after they leave SDS.

I would NEVER work there, but if I did? I'd want to remain as anonymous as I could.
I'd hope for just a paycheck under the public radar

Toobinoo
06-23-2013, 01:16 AM
I wish I have discovered this forum before I purchased my SX4 at SDS.

At my recent visit to SDS for the repair, the owner of the dealership (David Baker) said to me, "The key is inside. We won't do anymore work on this car. Take the car away. We won't do warranty work for you. I don't want to see you again on my property. If you want warranty work, go to Edmonton. Don't come back. Get out of here and get out of my life." with the angry look on his face and threatening tone.

I'm reluctant to go back there for any maintenance and warranty works. Who knows what could happen to my car.

Since SDS is the only dealership in Calgary, I'm not sure where to go for maintenance work in order to maintain the warranty on the car. Anyone has any suggestions?

Tell you all.... that's the worst experience and I was really and extremely regrated to make that purchase at SDS.

Graham_A_M
06-23-2013, 08:19 AM
^ What did you do to warrant that kind of reaction from them? Were you being absurdly picky as to what you wanted done?
I've never been treated like that ever in my life. I know SDS is horseshit, but that just seems a bit much. I'd be interested in hearing both sides of the story really.

Also, WTF influenced you to buy a Suzuki in the first place?:nut:

bourge73
06-23-2013, 08:53 AM
^^ no kidding there is a lot more to that story. And the only Suzuki I'd even consider buying has 2 wheels not 4..

Toobinoo
06-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Hi Graham, we were really shocked from a person in his status (ie. being the owner) with such attitude towards his customers. After the incident, we did more research and found out lots of negative comments about SDS. One of them was similar to ours. At least, he didn't swear to us like he did to the other guy who wrote his comment. It's a big lessons learned. We did the research on the vehicle, but not the dealership. We always like the look of the SX4 and that's why we decided to go for it. Big mistake we must say.

We are more than happy to share our side of the story if you can send us an email. In a nut shell, we bought a brand new SX4. When we picked up the car and noticed scratches on the outside and inside of the car. We wouldn't be too picky if it was a used car. But, it's advertised as brand new. During the painful process of having the scratches fixed, more scratches were caused by his staff. My wife and I were there seeing the whole process. The technician concluded those new scratches are surface scratch and can be removed by couple of minutes of buffing. This is when the owner and his son came out and started yelling at us and expelled us from his property. In another note, as part of the sales agreement, we will have free lifetime oil change, now he doesn't allow us back onto his property?! This casts doubts on how he is going to honor his written sales agreement.

We just want to share our experience, and see if there are people with similar situation, and if they are going back SDS or other shops for their maintenance and warranty works. Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

All in all, the experience was the worst one ever and we now lost trust with SDS, especially after having done more research on SDS.

cisco88
06-25-2013, 08:58 AM
They should have "mint" taken out of their vocabulary.

bastardchild
06-25-2013, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

I'm thinking that Suzuki doesn't care about their morals because all the negative sales are towards their used car side which are mostly not suzuki sales. Its more high end salvage BMWs lol

Tik-Tok
06-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by bastardchild

I'm thinking that Suzuki doesn't care about their morals because all the negative sales are towards their used car side which are mostly not suzuki sales.

Also because it's their last year of selling cars in Canada.

Heisenbergh
10-06-2013, 02:22 PM
This father and son duo @ South Deerfoot Suzuki are real douche bags, that's for sure. In early September, I went and looked at their inventory at the request of my wife's sister, who wanted to buy a used Audi there.

As it played out, the Audi she was interested in that was advertised
wasn't in stock. The snotty owner's son, Norman, immediately tried selling us a different car. He became even more beligerent when we told him we were not interested, and were told over the phone by a salesman that the advertised Audi was in stock, parked on the lot ready for sale.

I then asked about the Mitsubishi EVO's he had advertised on his website. What a coincidence, he didn't have any of those in stock either, yet he immediately starting bragging about being the top volume Mitsubishi EVO dealer in Calgary. Right then and there I knew he was full of it and could not be trusted. This is when the father became involved, and his arrogant condescending attitude
soured the situation even more.

They tried to bait and switch us on two different vehicle's that they didn't have in stock. Furthermore, upon closer examination of their inventory, it mostly looked like they were mostly auction car's originating from eastern Canada that had previous paint work. In other words, it was mostly overpriced junk that you would want to stay away from.

They tried sitting us down and produced a bill of sale with some ridiculous additional charges. They wanted to charge $787.00 for "documentation fees", among other things, over and above the cost of the vehicle, which we didn't want to buy in the first place, and is not disclosed in the advertised price on their website. They were both extremely rude when we left.

Later that day, I phoned an old friend that I grew up with that has worked in the local Calgary automotive scene for several different ownership group's. When I asked about pimple face Norman Baker and his condescending attitude, he burst out laughing.

He then went on to say that Norman and David Baker from South Deerfoot Suzuki have one of the worst reputation's amongst the car business insider's here locally. Nobody has anything nice to say about them, especially the father, David. He highly recommended
to stay clear of these two douche bag's, and the eastern auction junk that they try peddle to unsuspecting customer's.

Tik-Tok
10-06-2013, 03:36 PM
When Suzuki finally stops selling here, I wonder if SDS will change their name to match all the other shady dealerships...

South Deerfootz Gallery of Automobilez

schocker
10-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
When Suzuki finally stops selling here, I wonder if SDS will change their name to match all the other shady dealerships...

South Deerfootz Gallery of Automobilez
You are missing some z's brah
South Deerfootz Gallery of Automobilezzzzzz

Good story though Heisenbergh, good to know they are still pulling the same tricks, good thing you were along to stop it

Masked Bandit
10-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Are they part of Treadz? "We Finance Anyone" kind of place? I wonder if James Stewart is in on it...

rob the knob
10-06-2013, 04:30 PM
i am giong to look at car l like. i hope i have better.

Originally posted by Heisenbergh
This father and son duo @ South Deerfoot Suzuki are real douche bags, that's for sure. In early September, I went and looked at their inventory at the request of my wife's sister, who wanted to buy a used Audi there.

As it played out, the Audi she was interested in that was advertised
wasn't in stock. The snotty owner's son, Norman, immediately tried selling us a different car. He became even more beligerent when we told him we were not interested, and were told over the phone by a salesman that the advertised Audi was in stock, parked on the lot ready for sale.

I then asked about the Mitsubishi EVO's he had advertised on his website. What a coincidence, he didn't have any of those in stock either, yet he immediately starting bragging about being the top volume Mitsubishi EVO dealer in Calgary. Right then and there I knew he was full of it and could not be trusted. This is when the father became involved, and his arrogant condescending attitude
soured the situation even more.

They tried to bait and switch us on two different vehicle's that they didn't have in stock. Furthermore, upon closer examination of their inventory, it mostly looked like they were mostly auction car's originating from eastern Canada that had previous paint work. In other words, it was mostly overpriced junk that you would want to stay away from.

They tried sitting us down and produced a bill of sale with some ridiculous additional charges. They wanted to charge $787.00 for "documentation fees, among other things, over and above the cost of the vehicle, which we didn't want to buy in the first place, and is not disclosed in the advertised price on their website. They were both extremely rude when we left.

Later that day, I phoned an old friend that I grew up with that has worked in the local Calgary automotive scene for several different ownership group's. When I asked about pimple face Norman Baker and his condescending attitude, he burst out laughing.

He then went on to say that Norman and Charles Baker from South Deerfoot Suzuki have one of the worst reputation's amongst the car business insider's here locally. Nobody has anything nice to say about them, especially the father, Charles. He highly recommended
to stay clear of these two douche bag's, and the eastern auction junk that they try peddle to unsuspecting customer's.

googe
10-06-2013, 04:38 PM
^Why would you do such a dumb thing after having full warning?

Also isn't the father's name David Baker? Who is Charles?

schocker
10-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by googe
Also isn't the father's name David Baker? Who is Charles?
Probably like Charles David Baker Esquire the Third

BokCh0y
10-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by rob the knob
i am giong to look at car l like. i hope i have better.

I'd much rather wait for something to come up instead of hitting up SDS for anything. Just saying.

Blue
10-06-2013, 08:47 PM
lol i like how the matte white gtr was 74999 when i looked at it and now its almost 80g + extra 2k kms on it :dunno: :dunno: good thing i didnt buy it