PDA

View Full Version : 2014 RS5 or something else?

npham
06-02-2013, 08:13 PM
I've been contemplating buying a 2014 RS5 for a little while now, and finally asked for a quote this weekend. I was planning on putting down a deposit for an allocation spot(delivery date spring 2014) but now I'm torn. I've done my reading and know quite a bit about the car; how it performs(not going to be the fastest at this altitude but not slow either), what mods are available(APR supercharger coming out soon which would fix the low torque and altitude hp losses), etc. It's a little overpriced, but that's a trade off with how few examples will be coming to North America, and even fewer to Canada.

But, I was able to see one before it was delivered to a client last week and it makes a wonderful sound. Also, it looks amazing from the front with the angry headlights and honeycomb RS grill, and the interior is first class as well(I prefer is over the C63 and M3). I would probably wrap the entire car and winter drive it since it has Quattro and fancy torque vectoring and not worry about having issues driving around Calgary.

However, I was checking out the competition, ie the 'Beyond Civic' and the M3, and both are great choices in this price range too. The C63 has a super low rate of 1.9% for 2013's right now and the 2014 M3 is due at the end of this year, and the M4 at the end of next year. The M4 in particular has caught my eye, and could be exactly what I'm looking for.

So, should I stick with the RS5, or look at an M4? The M4 will be turbo charged, and more tuneable. Not like Calgary has anywhere to push either car to the limit, but it seems like it's a choice been an amazing touring car, or an amazing performance car. Maybe I should be looking at something else all together. If I could find another $20-30000 I'd probably get a 991 Carrera S but that's not going to happen.

Redlyne_mr2
06-02-2013, 08:28 PM
The new M3/M4 is still another year to 2 years away. With that being said the twin turbo inline six with an air to water IC is going to be hard to beat, especially if you want to mod it down the road. Lots of 11 second street able 335's out there with a few bolts ons. I guess it's going to come down to the drive. The RS5 is a better every day car especially for winter but it won't compare to how the bimmer feels/handles. If you're looking at a current year c63 its worth looking at a special edition 2013 m3. Good luck.

redline
06-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Can not beat the v 8 ...

rage2
06-02-2013, 09:19 PM
I was shopping for a S5 Cab, which I thought was overpriced for what you get. The sales rep told me about the RS5 Sedan, and I thought it was mega-overpriced for the money haha.

Does sound sweet tho, but for the money, both with the C63 and the M3, you get much more for the money. The C63 is downright cheap right now with the 1.9% rate.

If you're driving it year round, and think of the extra cost as AWD optional price, then it's a little more bearable.

schocker
06-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I was shopping for a S5 Cab, which I thought was overpriced for what you get. The sales rep told me about the RS5 Sedan, and I thought it was mega-overpriced for the money haha.

Does sound sweet tho, but for the money, both with the C63 and the M3, you get much more for the money. The C63 is downright cheap right now with the 1.9% rate.

If you're driving it year round, and think of the extra cost as AWD optional price, then it's a little more bearable.
The S5 cab is $13k more than the coupe so the coupe is a decent value. RS5 is only a bit more than C63 and M3 though isn't it, with more features, rarer and AWD?

npham
06-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by redline
Can not beat the v 8 ...
Which v8?

The RS5 is definitely the best car for yearly driving, so that's one way to justify the extra $10,000. I might save a bit on tires too as the M3 and Civic probably go through them yearly.

Any new changes to the C63, besides the 507 halo car? I'm probably not interested in the E92 M3 as I would get the RS5 if I had to choose between the two V8's. The C63 is just too "cheap" to ignore so that's why it's in the discussion.

redline
06-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Any of them... The turbo 6 in New M maybe faster up here but it will not be as special and it will not be in the same league sound wise.

Team_Mclaren
06-02-2013, 10:12 PM
The price of an RS5 makes it very very hard to justify. Like it or not the M has been the leader of the group for a long time and the new M3/4 will only be better.

Sugarphreak
06-02-2013, 10:16 PM

rage2
06-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by npham
The RS5 is definitely the best car for yearly driving, so that's one way to justify the extra $10,000. I might save a bit on tires too as the M3 and Civic probably go through them yearly.

Any new changes to the C63, besides the 507 halo car? I'm probably not interested in the E92 M3 as I would get the RS5 if I had to choose between the two V8's. The C63 is just too "cheap" to ignore so that's why it's in the discussion.
AWD makes it great in the winter, but it also numbs the car down for the summer. If it's a summer only car, I wouldn't even look at the RS5 at all.

C63 tires, that's an alignment fix away to double rear tire life. The 507 isn't really a Halo car, it's just a renamed PP package that gives a hotter ECU tune, and the BS hood for a discount.

npham
06-02-2013, 10:42 PM
I will probably winter drive the car as we don't have space for a 3rd car. I'd definitely like a 3rd pedal too but most cars are leaning towards dual clutch automatics lately and as my commute involves Crowchild to East bound Glenmore I welcome an automatic while sitting in traffic.

I think I'll test out the C63 this week before I put my deposit down. If the M4 is way too amazing not to own, I can trade in the RS5/C63. But a huge piece of me wants to get the RS5 and install the APR supercharger when it gets released. Based on the numbers from the APR supercharged RS4 it would become a beast for summer and winter.

http://fourtitude.com/news/aftermarket_tuner_news/apr-tuned-teases-photo-of-new-supercharger-for-audi-rs-5-rs-4/attachment/b7_rs4_42l_fsi_s0_vs_s3_93_cc/

Any other cars I should be looking at?

rage2
06-02-2013, 10:51 PM
The new M4 going 6 cylinder, I dunno, not going to be the same. The 2015 C63 is keeping V8, but 4.0L TT.

The current gen NA V8's from Audi, BMW and MB, while making less power here in Calgary, sound amazing. Even the new V8 TT in the AMG's can't compare in responsiveness and sound. End of an era thanks to CAFE fuel economy standards.

Sugarphreak
06-02-2013, 10:52 PM

rage2
06-02-2013, 11:02 PM
The M3 and C63 aren't bad in the winter, both really fun cars. It's just getting beat off the line by literally every other car on the road that sucks. Once they get going tho, it's a blast to drift everywhere in the snow.

Ever since I went with the 996TT in the winter, I can't go without AWD anymore. I just drive around everyone now. I do miss the winter drifting in the CLS tho (the 996TT was awesome), hopefully the new E63 4matic will fulfill my needs in a year or 2.

npham
06-03-2013, 08:15 AM
I am very interested in the E63 AMG but it's going to be outside my price range when it first comes out, assuming it's around 110-120k. I think this is going to be the perfect yearly Calgary car. Tons of power, AWD, great styling, room for hockey gear/golf clubs/kids, etc.

Lots of votes for the M4, but no one really has made a case for it in this thread. Quite a few details have been revealed on Bimmerpost and so forth, so I've got a general idea of what to expect. The main issue with the M4 is that it will be even more common than the C63 IMO. I see way more M3's than C63's in my day to day driving and I'm not sure I want to be like everyone else if all 3 cars are "similar".

I've yet to own a NA V8 and this looks like one of my last chances to do so. This thread has made it clear for me - unless the C63 wows the pants off me this week, than I'll put down a deposit for the RS5 this week. I'll justify the extra cost to the Quattro, and know I can drive it 12 months a year vs 8. AWD and winter driving is a must like Rage said. Once you have it, it's so hard to go without.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-03-2013, 08:48 AM
It's hard to make a case for the M3/M4 until we know hard facts, I take bimmerpost info with a grain of salt.

Sounds like you aren't willing to wait, I'd go with the C63 over the RS5 personally, I like the sound of the C63 more and the styling too, as well as its considerably cheaper to purchase.

CanmoreOrLess
06-03-2013, 09:44 AM
I'd go with whatever is available today, waiting around for a car for 2014 only makes certain in 2014 there is something better out there and i'd want that. Live for this summer and not the next.

Team_Mclaren
06-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Plus the C-Class should be due for a new model.... I wouldnt want to be driving an "older" car.

geoffreyjames
06-03-2013, 10:37 AM
My dad has an RS5, so bias alert, but...

It is really a nice place to spend time in - the interior is well sorted and everything fits, feels, and sounds high class.

It has really heavy steering, but still feels nimble(-ish), but won't touch the M3 in that regard.

The sound is fantastic when set to dynamic. It has a rev-matching downshift that just sounds glorious, and he doesn't even have the optional sport exhaust.

Also, the 0-60 time is definitely understated. I know that's not a huge influencing factor, but with launch control and summer tires, I promise it'll be sub-4 seconds.

I think the M3 is a better machine in terms of driving dynamics and car/driver interaction, but the RS5 will treat you better (in my humble and previously-mentioned-biased opinion). Also, they're quite rare, so no danger of it becoming the next beyond civic. Still, it's a ton of money for what is essentially a hopped-up A5.

flipstah
06-03-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm curious as to what you end up buying.

Based on your criteria, I'd go for the RS5 mostly due to the fact that you're going to drive it year-round.

Mind you, you won't be able to thrash it as much as the C63 due to the AWD grip but you can still have fun nonetheless.

I think the game-changer should be livability with your daily routine. I'd suggest bringing stuff with you during the test drive and which of the two piss you off the least. :rofl:

rage2
06-03-2013, 11:21 AM
I am very interested in the E63 AMG but it's going to be outside my price range when it first comes out, assuming it's around 110-120k. I think this is going to be the perfect yearly Calgary car. Tons of power, AWD, great styling, room for hockey gear/golf clubs/kids, etc.

Lots of votes for the M4, but no one really has made a case for it in this thread. Quite a few details have been revealed on Bimmerpost and so forth, so I've got a general idea of what to expect. The main issue with the M4 is that it will be even more common than the C63 IMO. I see way more M3's than C63's in my day to day driving and I'm not sure I want to be like everyone else if all 3 cars are "similar".

I've yet to own a NA V8 and this looks like one of my last chances to do so. This thread has made it clear for me - unless the C63 wows the pants off me this week, than I'll put down a deposit for the RS5 this week. I'll justify the extra cost to the Quattro, and know I can drive it 12 months a year vs 8. AWD and winter driving is a must like Rage said. Once you have it, it's so hard to go without.
E63 I believe starts at 100k for the 550hp AWD model. It comes fairly loaded. 120k you're looking at a S-model Wagon with 585hp, fully done up. It's going to be awesome, roomy, fast, and kick ass in winter. But like all Audis (and Chris Harris's review), it's not easy getting sideways in the summer.

As for the C63, don't test drive it. The noises it makes, especially on downshifts and WOT shifts with the 2012+ MCT transmission, and the amount of low end torque it makes, you'll join the beyond civic club hahaha.

I really wish I had a chance to try the RS5 out. Need to do a straight back to back comparo to see if I still wanna join the Audi club, or stick with MB and the E63 next year.

jaylo
06-03-2013, 11:28 AM
For exclusivity, I would go with the Audi RS5.

You see a lot of C63's, lots of ///M3's, but rarely RS5's and it has a wow factor under $80K ($77K + Titanium Package ofr $2K)

It will definitely turn heads and you can drive it all year round

I like how Audi's packages are cheaper than other brands out there, if you compare performance and aesthetics

You'd probably pay close to $100k if you want a fully loaded RS5

$1500 Sport exhaust
$6000 Ceramic brakes (cheap!)
$3200 Navi/Tech package with Audi Parking System
$1000 Bang and Olufsen Sound System

Online priced it at $90700 + fees + tax

clem24
06-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by geoffreyjames
I think the M3 is a better machine in terms of driving dynamics and car/driver interaction, but the RS5 will treat you better (in my humble and previously-mentioned-biased opinion). Also, they're quite rare, so no danger of it becoming the next beyond civic. Still, it's a ton of money for what is essentially a hopped-up A5.

I don't get why people care so much that their car is rare and exclusive? The civic is still overall a fairly rare car on the street. And really, the only reason why it's so popular is because it's a fantastically good car.

It's like walking into a renowned sushi restaurant and ordering the teriyaki, just because, well, it's rare.. Why not just eat what everyone else is having? :nut:

Anyway for me, I can't stand looking at the A/S/RS5. It's not ugly per se, but pretty close.

rage2
06-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Yea I dunno about turning heads, I saw a RS5 up close, and it sure looked like a S5 with bigger wheels lol. Exclusive, sure, but only posers buy cars because they're exclusive.

I was told that I couldn't get an RS5 at MSRP. Dealer markups. That was last year, maybe things have changed.

flipstah
06-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Yea I dunno about turning heads, I saw a RS5 up close, and it sure looked like a S5 with bigger wheels lol. Exclusive, sure, but only posers buy cars because they're exclusive.

I was told that I couldn't get an RS5 at MSRP. Dealer markups. That was last year, maybe things have changed.

:werd:

Other than the orgasmic sound it makes, it looks like an S5 with a bigger honeycomb front....

geoffreyjames
06-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by clem24

I don't get why people care so much that their car is rare and exclusive? The civic is still overall a fairly rare car on the street. And really, the only reason why it's so popular is because it's a fantastically good car.

It's like walking into a renowned sushi restaurant and ordering the teriyaki, just because, well, it's rare.. Why not just eat what everyone else is having? :nut:

Anyway for me, I can't stand looking at the A/S/RS5. It's not ugly per se, but pretty close.

Totally fair! Although, a low production run, "rare" car will likely keep a pretty high resale value (look at the RS4 vs. any older M or AMG - original price considered) - so if you're not going to keep it forever then that is worth considering.

Also, these are all very good cars - no teriyaki in this bunch! Just a matter of preference.

And finally, visual appeal is totally subjective, or every car would look the same. So, go with what you like!

npham
06-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by jaylo
$6000 Ceramic brakes (cheap!)

Ceramic brakes while cheap, wouldn't be any use to me because I don't track my car. Nor is there a track in Calgary if I wanted to track it.

Ian(I think we talked about having the same sales guy before) and gave me loyalty discount, plus Audi Care so technically it's less than MSRP but not much. Definitely not paying an extra mark up from Glenmore Audi.

It comes in after taxes, PDI, etc at just over $90,000 the way I want it optioned, ie aluminum optics, navi, wheels, B&O sound, and Sepang Blue. Not that far from a C63 or M3 with similar options.

I still need to drive a C63 to make sure I'm doing my due diligence. I'm sure Beyond could use another white/black/gunmetal one.

Oh, and the Audi is the most understated of the bunch. The only thing that really gives it away is the grill. The rear lines are different but 95% of the population wouldn't know. But I think it looks good...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8183/8120857031_8ef7ace54d_b.jpg

rage2
06-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Well I hope you get the RS5, you'd be the first person I know that's gotten one. That way we can drive each others cars for an afternoon if you're up for it haha.

clem24
06-03-2013, 01:20 PM

It comes in after taxes, PDI, etc at just over $90,000 the way I want it optioned, ie aluminum optics, navi, wheels, B&O sound, and Sepang Blue. Not that far from a C63 or M3 with similar options.

A fully optioned Civic63 with 19's after taxes is just touching $90. I would think the M3 is slightly more.

rage2
06-03-2013, 01:24 PM
A fully optioned Civic63 with 19's after taxes is just touching $90. I would think the M3 is slightly more.
It's closer to $84k the way I have things optioned. I was quoted right under $100k for a RS5 without the CC brakes. I'm pretty sure that was with a dealer markup tho.

The M3 sits somewhere in the middle of those 2 numbers. It's too bad that BMW Canada still gouges us, because in the US the M3 is priced the same, if not cheaper, than the Civic63.

Inzane
06-03-2013, 01:36 PM
I was told that I couldn't get an RS5 at MSRP. Dealer markups.

I don't like paying MSRP (and wouldn't), which in itself is a dealer markup. Are you talking about further markups above MSRP?

redline
06-03-2013, 01:39 PM

It's closer to $84k the way I have things optioned. I was quoted right under $100k for a RS5 without the CC brakes. I'm pretty sure that was with a dealer markup tho.

The M3 sits somewhere in the middle of those 2 numbers. It's too bad that BMW Canada still gouges us, because in the US the M3 is priced the same, if not cheaper, than the Civic63.

a full load M3 is about 94K w/ ZCP and can touch 100k with individual paint.

Biggest issue with the M3 is they are out of production in a month and i would be surprised if any dealer has a order spot left, so you are left with what is in dealer inventory.

You never pay MSRP for BMWs and are forced to with Audi, that right there keeps me away from Audi.

Inzane
06-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by redline
You never pay MSRP for BMWs and are forced to with Audi, that right there keeps me away from Audi.

Really? Audi will never negoiate price between invoice & MSRP??

Fuck that shit.

SkiBum5.0
06-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Sounds like the RS5 is the one for you. C63 sounds amazing (so do both other choices in your poll), and will probably be the least expensive.
Have you thought about bringing the Audi in from the States? Last I checked Audi's require very little to bring up and might get some of your price premium back.

turbotrip
06-03-2013, 01:51 PM
the v8 quattro is really quite amazing in the winter, and the interior destroys the current competition. go with the rs5 you wont be disappointed. the tough part is finding one you can test drive- both dealerships sell them before they even reach the dealership.

flipstah
06-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Inzane

Fuck that shit.

I found that they were less inclinded to budge on pricing especially on their S models.

There's only two in Calgary and owned by the same people lol.

jaylo
06-03-2013, 02:04 PM

Fuck that shit.

Audi you cannot bargain under MSRP but they do have discounts/incentives (wor for oil & gas, loyalty, spring promo)

My friend ordered a '13 Audi S4 in January 14, when it arrived March 22 he got an additional $2,700 discount because of a promotion in March, aligned with the International Auto Show.

Back in January, we both wanted a '13 Audi S4 and the salesman won't even bulge even if we buy 2 that day

I held back and waiting for the 2014 BMW M3 (it will come in sedan form only)

dumplings
06-03-2013, 02:23 PM
It seems like you already have your mind set on the RS5. That would be my choice as well, especially if the price difference between that and the M3 is somewhat negligible. Quattro really seals the deal for me.

Inzane
06-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by jaylo
Audi you cannot bargain under MSRP but they do have discounts/incentives (wor for oil & gas, loyalty, spring promo)

That really sucks.

When I bought my 335i back in 2009 I got a certain % amount off MSRP + two additional discounts/incentives going on at the time. And that was with a factory order, not buying off the lot.

Xtrema
06-03-2013, 02:45 PM

Fuck that shit.

Dealer will do nothing but will pass on Mfg promos.

Dealer will move on price on cars that are overstocked, mostly A3, A4 or Q5. Anything else it's minimum MSRP.

Anything that's limited edition, like the RS, are most likely come fully optioned for maximum profit margin. Unless you get ahead of the allotment and order. Still, you now see a lot more Audi's on the road compare to BMW. And that's when BMW are discounting almost like the domestics.

To OP, I echo Rage's comment that AWD is great year round but summer car, even with sport diff, Quattro isn't as fun as RWD.

flipstah
06-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

To OP, I echo Rage's comment that AWD is great year round but summer car, even with sport diff, Quattro isn't as fun as RWD.

I unfortunately, will have to agree with that statement. AWD wasn't built for hooliganism and while it can, it's WAY more difficult to do than in a RWD platform.

Mitsu3000gt
06-03-2013, 03:56 PM
For those of you saying RWD is so much more fun than rear-biased AWD, I am just curious, are you guys actually drifting your cars or something? I would think in the city, the situations where you can reasonably play around with crazy power and RWD are few and far between.

My vote was for the RS5. I've seen some video reviews on it recently and it's just awesome. Can't really go wrong with the performance coupes/sedans from the big 3 Germans though.

colinxx235
06-03-2013, 04:01 PM
^

Agree with the above. I have a stasis S4 and the back end came out pretty good on the stock tires before I switched over to Michelin ps2s... in dynamic mode it has a bit of kick but after a bit of tail wagging it snaps straight and just goes

But really I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three cars, I also voted for RS5.

If manual was a big thing you could also buy a stick S5 and spend all the extra cash on upgrading it huge? Granted wont touch an APR RS5

flipstah
06-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
For those of you saying RWD is so much more fun than rear-biased AWD, I am just curious, are you guys actually drifting your cars or something? I would think in the city, the situations where you can reasonably play around with crazy power and RWD are few and far between.

My vote was for the RS5. I've seen some video reviews on it recently and it's just awesome. Can't really go wrong with the performance coupes/sedans from the big 3 Germans though.

My Golf is front-biased and even with a different differential controller, it's only 50/50. The hooliganism I'm referring to can hypothetically be done in empty parking lots and it'll be easier to throw a C63 sideways than an RS5. Not saying it can't; it'll be easier.

The RS5 is pretty awesome, but a car is only great if it fits you like a glove. That means it balances your needs of stupidity, usability, and daily drivability.

That's my assumption, at least.

rage2
06-03-2013, 04:17 PM

It's not just drifting. It's the feel of turn-in, and small rear tire slip angles allowing the car to tuck into a corner trail braking, or the line change with the throttle powering out of a corner, all those little things that makes RWD much more fun to drive. The AWD car will just spank the RWD car through the corners tho with relatively little drama haha.

jaylo
06-03-2013, 10:33 PM
I had fun with a '13 S4 (with Active Sport Differential Package) drifting around corners on slush back in January with it being rear-biased it lets you "drift" a bit before it corrects you.

clem24
06-04-2013, 12:40 AM

Probably the 2011s were a little more than the 2010s? The invoice for my car was $89,xxx (premium pack, AMG plus pack, 19" multispokes) not including the stock 18's as winters.

Yeah the C63 with LSD.. It takes no effort to throw the tail out, then basically keep the tail hanging out while going down a straight street hahaha.

In the winter, you won't win any battles anywhere, but you'll have the most fun doing it. Anyone remember that Top Gear ep with RS4 vs M3 vs C63 and they were trying to squish an apple placed at the apex of a curve, except the only car that couldn't do it was the C63? Why would you want to drive a car that wants to kill you? That pretty much sums up that car hahaha.

In any case, for me, the C63 is done as a winter car; bought myself a beater. Not only is it terrible, but I can't stand all the salt and sand pounding away at it. There's currently so much shit on it from this past winter that I need to spend probably at least half a day clay baring the shit out of it.

With something like an RS5, if it were me, I'd personally be thinking twice about driving it in the winter.. Just saying. You might think you'd drive it now and such, but after seeing the torture that it endures, winter might not even be a factor in your decision.

max_boost
06-04-2013, 01:23 AM
With those choices can you really go wrong :nut:

I would get the cla45 amg lol #budgetballer lol

heavyD
06-04-2013, 09:32 AM
RS5 all the way seeing the M4 isn't going to be released anytime soon. Best exterior, interior, and AWD since you will be driving it in the winter.

npham
06-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Well this thread was confirmation that I was choosing the right car for myself. There were no losers, just picked the car that would be best suited for me and that was my original choice, the RS5. Deposit went down on the car last night and now to play the 8 month waiting game or whatever it's going to be.

Sepang Blue with new wheel option(new wheels (http://www.gnazone.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/2014-Audi-RS5-Cabriolet-Detroit-Auto-Show.jpg))
Aluminum Optic Package
Silver Leather interior with carbon fiber trim
Sport Exhaust
Nav
B&O Sound
Silver exhaust tips instead of black

flipstah
06-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Well this thread was confirmation that I was choosing the right car for myself. There were no losers, just picked the car that would be best suited for me and that was my original choice, the RS5. Deposit went down on the car last night and now to play the 8 month waiting game or whatever it's going to be.

Sepang Blue with new wheel option(new wheels (http://www.gnazone.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/2014-Audi-RS5-Cabriolet-Detroit-Auto-Show.jpg))
Aluminum Optic Package
Sport Exhaust
Nav
B&O Sound

:drool:

So pretty much fully loaded? :bigpimp:

npham
06-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Not quite, I didn't go for the ceramic brakes or adaptive cruise(limits a bunch of things) so there's probably another 10k right there left on the table. But it's well optioned out(no many options on RS cars typically).

flipstah
06-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Adaptive cruise control just emphasizes laziness even more. I would've went with the ceramic brakes though

... For the sake of saying, "I have ceramic brakes". :rofl:

Good purchase and glad it all worked out. :clap:

Impreza
06-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Congrats! Like you said, no real losers there.

npham
06-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by flipstah
Adaptive cruise control just emphasizes laziness even more. I would've went with the ceramic brakes though

... For the sake of saying, "I have ceramic brakes". :rofl:

Good purchase and glad it all worked out. :clap:

But who wants to pay for ceramic brake changes when I am going to daily this car LOL

benyl
06-06-2013, 09:25 AM

Probably the 2011s were a little more than the 2010s? The invoice for my car was $89,xxx (premium pack, AMG plus pack, 19" multispokes) not including the stock 18's as winters.

I think P31 was a couple grand more than P30. I got every but telematics and it was $82.5K out the door. You also have 19s which weren't an option in 2010 which is another $1500 - $2K.

flipstah
06-06-2013, 09:32 AM

But who wants to pay for ceramic brake changes when I am going to daily this car LOL

LOL WHAT DID I JUST SAY?!

"I have ceramic brakes". ;)

Mitsu3000gt
06-06-2013, 09:33 AM
Just be careful with your silver leather seats - don't let anyone wearing new or dark jeans sit on them unless you want your silver leather to become blue leather :)

Congrats on the purchase!

flipstah
06-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Just be careful with your silver leather seats - don't let anyone wearing new or dark jeans sit on them unless you want your silver leather to become blue leather :)

Congrats on the purchase!

:werd:

PITA to clean, especially on beige leather seats

AudiPWR
06-06-2013, 10:06 AM

From going to an S4 to a 135i, the 135i is WAY more fun to drive. Every once in a while you can hold the DTC/DSC all the way off and get pretty sideways on a few corners, or on a empty on-ramp.

I would definately go for the M4, or if you can't wait buy a 1M. The n54 is one of the sickest engine platforms around IMO. With turbo swaps, people are pushing close to 700 horse. In a small call with LSD and great suspension, that is pretty hard to beat. Not to mention 2-3k in mods on the 1M will put you in the high 450hp range..

Whoops, just saw you made a decision. Congrats. Although IMO the RS5 will bore you after a few months.

rage2
06-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Congrats on the car!

Not sure about Audi, but with MB ceramics, they last the life of the car even with moderate track use. I'm looking at swapping my BS brakes for the OEM ceramics since I somehow ate 60% away in 8000kms. So I would do some googling to see how the Audi ceramics hold up before deciding on skipping the option. Way too expensive to do it after the fact.

dumplings
06-06-2013, 10:42 AM

Aluminum Optic Package
Sport Exhaust
Nav
B&O Sound
Huge congrats on the purchase!

SkiBum5.0
06-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Congrats on the car! The next few months are going to be tough - maybe cash in Rage2's offer early to drive his car just to get through the wait.

bspot
06-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

My Golf is front-biased and even with a different differential controller, it's only 50/50. The hooliganism I'm referring to can hypothetically be done in empty parking lots and it'll be easier to throw a C63 sideways than an RS5. Not saying it can't; it'll be easier.

The RS5 is pretty awesome, but a car is only great if it fits you like a glove. That means it balances your needs of stupidity, usability, and daily drivability.

That's my assumption, at least.

Haldex is a world of boring compared to Torsen.

I really miss the Torsen centre diff of my S4. Haldex is pretty utilitarian and good to get you around in some deep snow, but it's not nearly as fun and doesn't inspire the same confidence in full throttle corner exits.