PDA

View Full Version : The Purge

flipstah
06-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Please watch the following Public Service Announcement for your safety:

K0LLaybEuzA

The government thanks you for your cooperation.

jonnycat
06-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Sweet. :thumbsup:

sputnik
06-03-2013, 12:21 PM
This is one of those plotlines that could be awesome or completely suck.

jonnycat
06-03-2013, 01:14 PM
^Agree. My first thought was this movie is going to be so good, with the majority of the filming following the criminals around outside or at least showing what it is like out on the streets during purge night, but they went to the ol' "break in to the house" and scare people route.

While this is still preferable, IMO, to the same ol horror / thriller / haunting / possession etc. in house, scary movies.

But it will seem like such a huge miss if they don't nail it going this way.

Xtrema
06-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Like the premise.

So what would you do if you can get away with any crime for a few days?

Dave P
06-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Looks like a big version of The Strangers

supe
06-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
This is one of those plotlines that could be awesome or completely suck.

My thoughts are it has the potential to be awesome but will completely suck. Still very interested.

flipstah
06-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Mixed reviews on Metacritic but it looks good.

flipstah
06-15-2013, 12:53 AM
$13 wasted. Just terrible acting and didn't have enough substance to keep you interested.

Disoblige
06-15-2013, 01:04 AM
Just watched it too. I watched "This is the end" and The Purge was about to start so I thought why not? Good thing it was free or else I'd be pissed LOL. Worst movie I've seen this year.

flipstah
06-15-2013, 01:11 AM
The trailer pretty much gave away the 'thrilling' part of the movie, with the stupid kid letting that guy in.

I would've disowned that fucker. Pissed me off so much!

"YOU ARE NOT MY SON!"

Disoblige
06-15-2013, 01:22 AM
Then he led the black guy into his "hiding" place lol, which was 2 poorly put together pieces of wood. You'd think with the Purge happening every year they'd have more hiding places, or at least a hiding place that's actually well built.

Sorath
06-15-2013, 10:35 AM
tough crowd. it was "ok"

the kid was definately annoying though

flipstah
06-15-2013, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Sorath
tough crowd. it was "ok"

the kid was definately annoying though

There wasn't enough background for us to get engaged in The Purge to cause a debate. If it's going on for many years, why is the kid still having doubts about its' purpose? It's like this is the first time they had this conversation.

I found it weird that the kid had remorse for the homeless man but doesn't realize that his 'kindness' got his father killed lol.

Also, that house is too big if the guy can find hiding spots

harv91
06-15-2013, 05:59 PM
What an absolute fuckin shit movie
it had sooo much potential but as usual they drove it into the ground. It may seem like a cool movie, trust me save your 12$ and go watch something else instead.

For those of you who have watched it what're your thoughts on the spoiler below?

Who the fuck cares about "the purge" and "do whatever you want with no laws or repercussions" if your just gonna focus on one story of the kid letting the black guy in then those goons breaking into their house. What separates this movie from the millions of other horror/suspense movies of killers breaking into someones house.

I was really hoping it would be more focused on a group of different stories which linked together in the end, and a lot more creative thinking. If you have 12 hours to do whatever you want, why on earth would you spend it chasing down some random homeless dude whose "a plague to society".

and the thing that pissed me off the most was the mom at the end. IM TIRED OF THIS MOTHER FUCKIN VIOLENCE ON THIS MOTHER FUCKIN NIGHT, or whatever the hell it was she yelled, reminded me of samuel jackson in snakes on a plane.

flipstah
06-15-2013, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by harv91

Who the fuck cares about "the purge" and "do whatever you want with no laws or repercussions" if your just gonna focus on one story of the kid letting the black guy in then those goons breaking into their house. What separates this movie from the millions of other horror/suspense movies of killers breaking into someones house.

I was really hoping it would be more focused on a group of different stories which linked together in the end, and a lot more creative thinking. If you have 12 hours to do whatever you want, why on earth would you spend it chasing down some random homeless dude whose "a plague to society".

and the thing that pissed me off the most was the mom at the end. IM TIRED OF THIS MOTHER FUCKIN VIOLENCE ON THIS MOTHER FUCKIN NIGHT, or whatever the hell it was she yelled, reminded me of samuel jackson in snakes on a plane.

Right! Who cares if the focus wasn't really about the actual Purge in itself. It had potential and they blew it hard!

The ending was stupidly hilarious. :rofl:

kvg
06-15-2013, 06:47 PM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/anYq2LV_460s.jpg

Power_Of_Rotary
06-15-2013, 08:59 PM
save your money and time ladies and gents... worst movie I have seen in years.

The idea of 12 hour anything goes could of been excepted. however the execution and acting was so bad. Characters dont make sense. Logic goes out the door. Wont get into details as it is not worth the time to even mention.

Be warned, there are way better movies out right now to spend 12 bucks on.

Ymerej472008
06-15-2013, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by supe

My thoughts are it has the potential to be awesome but will completely suck. Still very interested.

This.

Tik-Tok
06-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Power_Of_Rotary
Logic goes out the door.

A horror movie with no logic?

http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/3/30/You_don%27t_say.png

Power_Of_Rotary
06-16-2013, 11:25 AM
Unfortunately it wasn't much of a horror movie ^^

lsc2g
06-17-2013, 08:32 AM
yea not really a horror at all.

they could have really made this move way better if they made it about 2 hours long and did it this way

tell 3 separate stories and tie them into the plot
story of the family
story of the neighbours
story of the frat kids

would have come out way better.