PDA

View Full Version : New vehicle thoughts>rover, amg, srt

240ssx
06-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Hey all, im ready to trade in my bmw and get into something new. been looking all over. i want something that has room for general errands since my truck is used for my business and always full. here are what im looking at. keep in mind i want a 4 door and i want it to be fun with performance and i would like to upgrade it withs rims, exhaust ect

Range rover sport supercharged
SRT8 Jeep
C63 AMG
BMW X5M

I know my list is all over the map, key is i will winter drive it. minimal but it will be needed. i maybe put 15000 km on a year. its just for weekends and nights when im not working. any thoughts and experiences. i love rovers but i keep hearing bad reviews on them. i do not want to be worried about reliability. but i want it to be fun.

Cheers

Brad

Sugarphreak
06-04-2013, 09:38 PM

K3RMiTdot
06-04-2013, 09:39 PM
how come you left out the ML63? everything you listed beside the c63 is a v8 SUV.

Id go with the X5M, but its pretty dated already.

240ssx
06-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Haha no i didnt list a C63 as a cred. i like them but not sure if its smart as i will drive in winter, im on the fence.

as for the ML63 i like them and i like the motor but they are more about the luxury then the fun and driving experience. to me its more of a soccer mom suv lol

rage2
06-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Yea, C63 doesn't fit in that list at all. I drove the ML63 last year, the new one with the 5.5L V8 TT, and it was a blast to drive on the track. The brakes blew me away, very impressive how fast it can slow down a massive SUV doing 200. Straight line speed was impressive too with 550hp on tap. The ECO start/stop mode was annoying but u can turn that shit off. Handling wise, nothing impressive (it's an SUV), it handled like a X650 that I drove a while back. Not that it sucked, it's just weird that you have to take different lines to get some speed in the corners. But hey, it's a SUV, so if you care about handling on a racetrack in a SUV, then BMW is probably a better choice. I've never driven a X5M or X6M, I'm just assuming both are better than a X650.

TYMSMNY
06-05-2013, 08:30 AM
All 2012/13 models?

You want comfort (rover) or sporty (x5m)?

rage2
06-08-2013, 10:38 AM
bump, had a chance to drive the X5M this morning. While it rides stiffer than the ML63, it handles about the same, most likely due to the SUV like steering ratio. The big difference between the 2 SUVs is turbo lag, and the transmission. The BMW has awful turbo lag, no low end torque, power doesn't hit till 3500rpms off the line. Transmission, so much lag in the BMW. Took what felt like 3 seconds to kick down at highway speeds.

I can see why many people hate the ML's though, because it's not as stiff and rides higher than the X5M, the BMW feels way more sporty cruising around.