PDA

View Full Version : Ecuprogram, any experiences?

realazy
06-06-2013, 11:00 AM
I'm looking to do the Alpina B3 TCU flash on my 335i and also some coding there.

Any reviews?

How about experiences with the Alpina B3 TCU flash?

AudiPWR
06-06-2013, 11:19 AM
I have lots of experience with them as I've wasted thousands of my dollars there.

Miguel Acha is the head of tuning there, and he is amazing at what he does. I would definately recommend him for your car. HOWEVER, with that said Miguel is deaf and cannot handle issues over the phone, or very well in person. The person he has to represent him is HORRIBLE. His name is Simriy, and he will try to funk you over at all costs. He takes advantage of Miguel being deaf, handles his business like a 12-year old and is just a complete donkey.

If you want to get your car tuned there, speak to Miguel and Miguel ONLY(he uses text messages and facebook).

The tune for my 135i has been great, and I have been running it for aprox. 10,000km. Miguel offered to re-tune my car after I install some modifications for the issues I encountered dealing with this Sim-Re and handles his business professionally. Just make sure you are dealing with the right person there.

realazy
06-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Interesting...wasn't exactly the response I was hoping for.

The guy answering my emails was Sim and the grammar and communication was quite poor.

I'll make a judgement when I meet them in person at the shop next week.

Redlyne_jr
06-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Miguel and Sim both great guys! I recommend anyone looking for a flash locally to them! :poosie:

artieg30
06-06-2013, 02:28 PM
damn I went to school with Miguel, didn't know he switched over to car tuning... small world haha

miguex
07-31-2014, 11:49 AM
Kelly (Mike) Ryan, what you posted is not good. In my defense, you are totally wrong. I fully support ECUPROGRAM. There is a questionable motivation from you. I am deaf but not stupid.

When a customer is not happy, we give first time solution. Simple!

While you just comeback 2 years later with the 135i gone and insulting us.

You have the right to post a negative review on a company. it is a free-speech but posting our names and insulting us with names you posted. it is not good.

All happened because you supplied us a worse quality of wrap (no brand) and we mentioned you about it before the work and you agreed. We learn from our mistakes and it won't happen anymore. We have almost 10.000 likes in our Business Facebook and good reviews.

PEACE!

Originally posted by AudiPWR
I have lots of experience with them as I've wasted thousands of my dollars there.

Miguel Acha is the head of tuning there, and he is amazing at what he does. I would definately recommend him for your car. HOWEVER, with that said Miguel is deaf and cannot handle issues over the phone, or very well in person. The person he has to represent him is HORRIBLE. His name is Simriy, and he will try to fuck you over at all costs. He takes advantage of Miguel being deaf, handles his business like a 12-year old and is just a complete jack-ass.

If you want to get your car tuned there, speak to Miguel and Miguel ONLY(he uses text messages and facebook).

The tune for my 135i has been great, and I have been running it for aprox. 10,000km. Miguel offered to re-tune my car after I install some modifications for the issues I encountered dealing with this Sim-Retard and handles his business professionally. Just make sure you are dealing with the right person there.

Tik-Tok
07-31-2014, 11:59 AM
:facepalm:

vengie
07-31-2014, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by miguex
Kelly (Mike) Ryan, what you posted is not good. In my defense, you are totally wrong. I fully support ECUPROGRAM. There is a questionable motivation from you. I am deaf but not stupid.

When a customer is not happy, we give first time solution. Simple!

While you just comeback 2 years later with the 135i gone and insulting us.

You have the right to post a negative review on a company. it is a free-speech but posting our names and insulting us with names you posted. it is not good.

All happened because you supplied us a worse quality of wrap (no brand) and we mentioned you about it before the work and you agreed. We learn from our mistakes and it won't happen anymore. We have almost 10.000 likes in our Business Facebook and good reviews.

PEACE!

I think you completely misunderstood what he wrote. I didn't read it as a negative review at all, in fact he praised your tuning ability... Just a negative review of Simiry. I have no idea what went on there, but I think you jumped the gun on this one and it looks poor on you Miguel.

Plus you bumped a year old thread, that no one has paid any attention to.

J.M.
07-31-2014, 01:00 PM
lol fail bump

AudiPWR
07-31-2014, 01:06 PM
I imagine it has something to do with the phone call I received at work yesterday. Threatening if I don't take down my experience that they are goin to make my life a living hell with their lawyer and blah blah blah.

Disoblige
07-31-2014, 01:06 PM
Quite comical this is.

G-ZUS
07-31-2014, 01:07 PM
IN4LULZ

n1zm0
07-31-2014, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by vengie
Plus you bumped a year old thread, that no one has paid any attention to.

"On this day in history, 'Miguel' fired up the ol' google and searched his company's name, he bumped 2 threads which were years old, not many cared."

Brought to you by http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Y_5u66XHnlk/TeG-iaM_CQI/AAAAAAAAAMc/hXeONmwLSg4/s72-c/History_Channel_logo.gif

Sugarphreak
07-31-2014, 01:23 PM

mazdavirgin
07-31-2014, 01:58 PM
How did he even find this after so long? It's not even really high in the page rank for google. Well it might be now if he returns to post more weird engrish.

cdd1004
07-31-2014, 02:22 PM
What a story.......can't sit and watch here

I have been with these guys for over 3 years since I got my brand new 135, nothing but good. AudiPWR, by looking at your other post here. you were super mad about the vinyl they did on your car. I dont think they did your wrap, sounds like auto spa did it. i remembered they use them for tint, etc when they first had the shop opened.
They do whatever they do at the best, never put me down. Sim is nice guy, he doesn't deserve the way you described above. Guys, give it a break stop the personal biases we are not 10yr old.
As a business they can't make everyone happy, I am sure they did offer the fix at the beginning.
I am happy with them. that's all I want to say here.

never
07-31-2014, 02:25 PM
Haha...there are some great fails in this thread!

96integra
07-31-2014, 03:13 PM
Went there last year and dealt with Simry. My car was there for the day and when I picked it up, Simry tells me they took my car to another shop because their guy wasn't in. I review my dashcam and 2 guys drove from the SE to NE. They did some small pulls, wasted my gas, and picked up Wendy's, but what really pissed me off was that they took my car across the city without permission. I asked him what if he got into an accident and said its ok he has insurance. He probably wouldn't have told me if he didn't see the dashcam.

Miguel is a really good guy and I've dealt with him a couple times prior. If you go here, message him only. He didn't know it happened but he solved it for me pretty quick. Said they should have told me about it and filled up gas (which they did neither). Not bashing the capability of the shop, just the employees who lost my respect.

mazdavirgin
07-31-2014, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by cdd1004
What a story.......can't sit and watch here

I have been with these guys for over 3 years since I got my brand new 135, nothing but good. AudiPWR, by looking at your other post here. you were super mad about the vinyl they did on your car. I dont think they did your wrap, sounds like auto spa did it. i remembered they use them for tint, etc when they first had the shop opened.
They do whatever they do at the best, never put me down. Sim is nice guy, he doesn't deserve the way you described above. Guys, give it a break stop the personal biases we are not 10yr old.
As a business they can't make everyone happy, I am sure they did offer the fix at the beginning.
I am happy with them. that's all I want to say here.

You guys should probably stop astroturfing and let the thread die instead it seems like you want to make this blow up. Seems you were not happy astroturfing just this thread but now you are bumping all the old threads where people complained about you guys in the first place. :facepalm:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/chip-tuning-at-ecu/showthread.php?s=&threadid=381142

Should be good for bumping you guys up in the page rank...

Disoblige
07-31-2014, 04:23 PM
WTF is with this thread? Is there no reading comprehension or what?...

It's like a couple of you are just skimming over AudiPWR's post and see words like "horrible" and "can't handle issues" and think it's a negative review. Learn to fucking read.

Originally posted by 96integra
Went there last year and dealt with Simry. My car was there for the day and when I picked it up, Simry tells me they took my car to another shop because their guy wasn't in. I review my dashcam and 2 guys drove from the SE to NE. They did some small pulls, wasted my gas, and picked up Wendy's, but what really pissed me off was that they took my car across the city without permission. I asked him what if he got into an accident and said its ok he has insurance. He probably wouldn't have told me if he didn't see the dashcam.

Holy shit.. That's brutal.
Reading what I have so far, AudiPWR's view of Simry taking advantage of Miguel doesn't seem too farfetched.

Also, anyone find it funny Redlyne_jr is the only one recommending them? Although I'm not sure if it is sarcasm due to the ":poosie:"

kenny
07-31-2014, 05:06 PM
I can confirm beyond.ca received a takedown request by Simriy for a few threads with the usual veiled threat of lawyers as well. What makes this one different is that the request is due to excessive use of foul language.

Since they're already in direct contact with the poster (AudiPWR), we'll just let them work it out :)

mazdavirgin
07-31-2014, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by kenny
I can confirm beyond.ca received a takedown request by Simriy for a few threads with the usual veiled threat of lawyers as well. What makes this one different is that the request is due to excessive use of foul language.

Since they're already in direct contact with the poster (AudiPWR), we'll just let them work it out :)

Pretty sure you can't ask to have something taken down due to foul language. I guess amateur hour all around?

AudiPWR
07-31-2014, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AudiPWR

Miguel Acha is the head of tuning there, and he is amazing at what he does. I would definately recommend him for your car. HOWEVER, with that said Miguel is deaf and cannot handle issues over the phone, or very well in person. The person he has to represent him is HORRIBLE. His name is Simriy, and he will try to funk you over at all costs. He takes advantage of Miguel being deaf, handles his business like a 12-year old and is just a complete donkey.

The tune for my 135i has been great, and I have been running it for aprox. 10,000km. Miguel offered to re-tune my car after I install some modifications for the issues I encountered dealing with this Sim-Re and handles his business professionally. Just make sure you are dealing with the right person there. [/QUOTE/]

Sorry, I've made it more PG-13.

01RedDX
07-31-2014, 05:50 PM

Redlined_8000
09-18-2014, 09:57 PM
For what its worth...

Walked into Ecuprogram. Asked them if they do c63 custom tunes with long tube headers. The guy did not know what long tube headers were. Horrible horrible communication at this place. No way in hell im taking my car here for tuning.

I talked to the younger Asian guy. I dont trust this shop at all. Very shady feeling.

ToXicXxX
09-19-2014, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Redlined_8000
For what its worth...

Walked into Ecuprogram. Asked them if they do c63 custom tunes with long tube headers. The guy did not know what long tube headers were. Horrible horrible communication at this place. No way in hell im taking my car here for tuning.

I talked to the younger Asian guy. I dont trust this shop at all. Very shady feeling.

Hey, I'm the tall white guy you also talked too. My co worker (the younger Asian guy) misheard you, he thought you were asking for a brand. English is not his first language. He and I both know what long tube headers are. We have done exhaust work on a few C63's (check our Facebook page).

That being said, we have tuned many C63's, including the one you mentioned in Edmonton (a friend of mine), and my own.

I'm sorry if you felt that way about our communication however.

- Kyle

gretz
09-19-2014, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by ToXicXxX

Hey, I'm the tall white guy you also talked too. My co worker (the younger Asian guy) misheard you, he thought you were asking for a brand. English is not his first language. He and I both know what long tube headers are. We have done exhaust work on a few C63's (check our Facebook page).

That being said, we have tuned many C63's, including the one you mentioned in Edmonton (a friend of mine), and my own.

- Kyle

"We may have a language barrier causing us to misunderstand customer needs"...

Redlined, did they try and "figure out" what you meant? The tall white guy wasn't asked to clarify? Or did he just look at you like an owl?

J.M.
09-19-2014, 03:31 PM
Seems like communication is a huge issue at this shop...

ToXicXxX
09-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by gretz

"We may have a language barrier causing us to misunderstand customer needs"...

Redlined, did they try and "figure out" what you meant? The tall white guy wasn't asked to clarify? Or did he just look at you like an owl?

The subject had changed by the time I could drop my lunch and clean my hands to make myself presentable.

M.alex
09-19-2014, 05:24 PM

The subject had changed by the time I could drop my lunch and clean my hands to make myself presentable.

because it's too difficult to say 'oh, btw, regarding you question about longtubes...' :rofl:

ToXicXxX
09-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

because it's too difficult to say 'oh, btw, regarding you question about longtubes...' :rofl:

I wasn't quite allowed to interject.

Redlined_8000
09-19-2014, 07:41 PM

- Kyle

Hey man no hard feelings and not personal. Your shop looked very nice. I was initially impressed.

Its just me maybe but if I cant talk to the guys who I trust my 50k car to, it dosent sit well with me. I remember you told me these C63 motors can take alot of abuse, as if I should drop my worries lol. I dont care at all if your tune makes 20hp more than my Eurocharged tune all I care about is reliability. Thats the whole point I was entertaining the idea of a custom tune.

Just didnt get a good vibe. I feel like you guys should know what Long tube headers are, and you should at least have heard of the major C63 exhaust company's (MBH, Agency power), No problem. GL with your business.

Also I did check out your facebook page and the most exhaust work you have done as far as I can see is installing Meisterschaft Axle back mufflers. Thats hardly exhaust work...

ToXicXxX
09-19-2014, 08:21 PM

Hey man no hard feelings and not personal. Your shop looked very nice. I was initially impressed.

Its just me maybe but if I cant talk to the guys who I trust my 50k car to, it dosent sit well with me. I remember you told me these C63 motors can take alot of abuse, as if I should drop my worries lol. I dont care at all if your tune makes 20hp more than my Eurocharged tune all I care about is reliability. Thats the whole point I was entertaining the idea of a custom tune.

Just didnt get a good vibe. I feel like you guys should know what Long tube headers are, and you should at least have heard of the major C63 exhaust company's (MBH, Agency power), No problem. GL with your business.

Also I did check out your facebook page and the most exhaust work you have done as far as I can see is installing Meisterschaft Axle back mufflers. Thats hardly exhaust work...

That's certainly fine, you are entitled to your opinion! We have a lot of happy customers with C63's.

By the way, have you experienced any head bolt issues? That would be my defacto reliability concern if I owned a pre 2011.

- Kyle

Redlined_8000
09-19-2014, 08:35 PM

That's certainly fine, you are entitled to your opinion! We have a lot of happy customers with C63's.

By the way, have you experienced any head bolt issues? That would be my defacto reliability concern if I owned a pre 2011.

- Kyle

Nope I havent. Not to worried about it. The first sign of coolant loss I am ordering ARP head studs, if it ever happens.

ToXicXxX
09-19-2014, 08:41 PM

Nope I havent. Not to worried about it. The first sign of coolant loss I am ordering ARP head studs, if it ever happens.

A very good choice. I would do an ARP conversion if it was economically viable without causation.

- Kyle

ToXicXxX
09-21-2014, 10:21 PM
Hey Redlined_8000,

Thought you might be happy to hear I have just ordered Agency Power headers (was a tossup between them, MHP and MBH, but from reading reviews I couldn't justify the price hike to them). I will have them in this week and will go from there tune-wise. If you're interested in seeing/hearing the car after, let me know.

-Kyle