PDA

View Full Version : Kincora/Evanston etc

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

bigbadboss101
06-06-2013, 11:55 AM
For those of you who are in Kincora, are you planning to stay? I must say I am quite happy with my house. The street I am on is relatively quiet and the house itself is great. The neighbors are decent. I do notice in the last 2 years traffic on Symons Valley has become much busier. People in Evanston, Sage Hill etc added a lot to the traffic. I don’t know what the situation is when it comes to another way out to get onto Deerfoot but I find traffic after 6:30 am on work days is now heavier than I liked. I am considering moving somewhere more inner city.

G
06-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Sunnyside will be perfect for you as they are trying to get rid of the cars altogether.

NoMoreG35
06-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Yeah I hate Symons Valley Road. What the hell is with 5 T intersections in a row?!

schocker
06-06-2013, 12:20 PM
I live in sage hill, so I rarely take symons valley, but I absolutely hate it when I do :D
Just leave earlier or later if you like the neighborhood I suppose

Kloubek
06-06-2013, 12:35 PM
I really like Kincora. Traffic is indeed building up in the mornings. Sometimes I leave at 7:45 instead of my usual 8:00, but end up getting to work around the same time due to a strange increase of traffic around that time.

With the building of a bunch of townhouses on the backside of Kincora and the increase of homes around the Evanston area, it can only get worse from here.

Cos
06-06-2013, 12:37 PM

Sugarphreak
06-06-2013, 12:39 PM

bigbadboss101
06-06-2013, 12:45 PM
I try to leave the house around 6:15. 15-20 later it's quite different. Some of my colleagues in Beddington leave closer to 7 ish. I don't think I can stand 7:15 am traffic getting off the Beddington ramp onto Deerfoot. I work in SE now so I do drive. Soon we are to move to DT office so I can drive to the bus loop in Panarama and catch the express, or drive to Centre St and catch a bus. I am contemplating between doing that vs moving to say Tuxedo, Capitol Hill, Mt. Pleasant, Highland Park, etc.

benyl
06-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

G O W E S T

don't tell people that... It will ruin it for those of us that are already here.

403ep3
06-06-2013, 12:51 PM
I do the drive to center and take the 64 everyday. I really hate taking the bus and I've been spoiled since I've started working but I'm slowly getting used to it.

If you want you can take a way through nolan/sage hill that will get you to beacon pretty fast. From there you can head down crowchild!

Cos
06-06-2013, 12:57 PM

austic
06-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by benyl

don't tell people that... It will ruin it for those of us that are already here.

Amen. The last 5 years the growth is scary

G
06-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by austic

Amen. The last 5 years the growth is scary

I was here when bow trail ended at 69 street. Anything west of 69 was farmland.

bigbadboss101
06-06-2013, 02:21 PM

mrsingh
06-06-2013, 08:09 PM
I live in Kincora and fully agree on the increase in traffic, I am really getting sick of Symons Valley Road in the mornings. It is bumper-to-bumper until past Hidden Valley then slows down again at Berkshire. If you you try to get onto Stoney instead after 7am forget it, there are usually a truck hogging each turn lane, which then have to merge onto the highway at 40km/h.

Apparently, 14 St will get built into Evanston, I do not know the timeframe but we need another exit out of here fast!

jwslam
06-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by 403ep3
I do the drive to center and take the 64 everyday. I really hate taking the bus and I've been spoiled since I've started working but I'm slowly getting used to it.
I live right by the 78th loop. Why are you limiting yourself to 64?
There's 62 Hidden Valley, 142 Pano, 301. If all else fails there's still the 2,3,4,5 that all go downtown (more stops).
Most days I get lazy and wait until there's a bus with a seat on it =)

Canucks3322
06-07-2013, 12:38 AM
Question for those bus stops where u guys parking? Just random peoples houses?

mrsingh
06-07-2013, 06:36 AM
Drive to the sandstone park and ride. Cross the street and take the 64 from there. That is the route I took when working downtown.

Sorath
06-07-2013, 02:51 PM
traffic build up in the morning is a gongshow. it only really got really busy to me starting 3 months ago, not sure what happened.

bigbadboss101
06-07-2013, 03:02 PM
We haven't moved DT for work yet. When that happens I can either park at Sandstone, at Pano by the theatre, or on Centre St by the Huntington Hills Comm Centre.

Yes around April it got busy, not just Symons Valley/Beddington but in general.
I really like the house and hate packing and moving. Going to discuss with the fiance if it's feasible to move to inner city.

schocker
06-10-2013, 12:50 PM
One thing, shaghanappi is almost open from 144th to stoney, so that should move a lot of traffic off of symons valley road, especially the dump trucks from the quarries

Team_Mclaren
06-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by schocker
One thing, shaghanappi is almost open from 144th to stoney, so that should move a lot of traffic off of symons valley road, especially the dump trucks from the quarries

Its been almost open for a while now, anyone know when that is exaclty?

Hoping it'll be done this year.. Going to move to Noland Hill in Dec and symons valley road is a pain.

taemo
06-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Kincora looks great and we were initially looking for houses there or Evanston but yeah all those sets of lights (at least 4 iirc to get to Stoney then another 4 to Beddington/Deerfoot)
that would drive me bonkers so my fiance and I went East to Skyview

Kloubek
06-10-2013, 01:31 PM
We didn't know anything about Skyview until after our build started. It's quite nice, and there is the (much) added advantage of the C-train as well. Disadvantage: It'll become the ghetto far too soon.

bigbadboss101
06-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Trying to envision what traffic will be like a year and 3 years from now. Regardless the drive on Deerfoot will be bad anyways. I have been looking at places in the North side near the #3 and #2 bus routes. Prices are high for the house you get but you are closer to the bus, park, and some good stores. Hmmm going to discuss further with fiancé and shop around.

403ep3
06-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

Hoping it'll be done this year.. Going to move to Noland Hill in Dec and symons valley road is a pain.

Pretty soon apparently. In the next couple of months is what I've been told. We were looking at the trinity townhomes near shaganappi and that's what the developer told us.

cgyITguy
06-10-2013, 01:47 PM
I really like Kincora as a community, been here 4 years now. Was really hoping that Shagannappi would be built to connect into the back end but that didn't happen. Traffic has increased quite a bit in recent years but if that is the worst part, Im ok with that

Xtrema
06-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Trying to envision what traffic will be like a year and 3 years from now. Regardless the drive on Deerfoot will be bad anyways. I have been looking at places in the North side near the #3 and #2 bus routes. Prices are high for the house you get but you are closer to the bus, park, and some good stores. Hmmm going to discuss further with fiancé and shop around.

#2, Huntington is quite old. There are probably some reno'd units but you are looking at minimum of 30 year old homes.

#3 is slightly better, there are some newer/bigger homes in Sandstone but not many units comes up for sale.

bigbadboss101
06-10-2013, 02:02 PM
I lived in Sandstone for 12 years. I like the area. Considering the feasibilty of Mt. Pleasant around 4th Street and 24-30 Ave, or Tuxedo slightly East.

schocker
06-10-2013, 02:04 PM

Currently, you can go sarcee down past costco and it connects on some random road to nolan hill drive (Continues towards shaghanappi which is connected to 144 to nolan hill drive) so you are OK regardless there. From sage hill for example I can get to costco in about 3 minutes, crowfoot in about 8-10.

Pretty soon apparently. In the next couple of months is what I've been told. We were looking at the trinity townhomes near shaganappi and that's what the developer told us.

Me neighbor checked with the city and it was June 1 but that is obviously not correct anymore. It was the section from sage hill to sherwood, developer needs to install street lights. You can see it is all paved and ready to open already.

doomdealer
06-10-2013, 02:20 PM
The majority of the traffic congestion seems to be from those pesky dump truck convoys.

They tend to travel in packs of 2 or more and often take up both the left AND right lanes while driving side-by-side. I have no clue why they do this except to purposely block commuter traffic during rush hour.

Then you have that stupid stretch of Symons Valley Road from Evanston to Stoney where there are 4 traffic lights within a 1.1 km span. While I understand the purpose of having those lights, they need to be better synchronized (especially with those slow-moving dump trucks hogging both lanes).

After that, you have to then deal with the dump trucks spewing their loads on the road. Just this past weekend some dump truck spewed a crap ton of gravel on the Stoney Trail overpass. It all makes for such an exciting drive.

schocker
06-10-2013, 02:27 PM
^^ That is the good part of sage hill, the only time I go on symons valley road is to go to the gym. Otherwise I go behind costco and get to stoney that way.

hampstor
06-10-2013, 02:41 PM
There's lots of new homes going up there. You've got Nolan building up next to Sage as well as the growth from Evanston.

Additionally, off of Kincora Glen Road, they'll be adding another ~1000 condo units over 3-4 complexes (IIRC Kincora currently has about a total of 2000 homes). The primary access for these will be KGR as well as directly off of Shaginappi.

Shag is supposed to open really soon (I had heard June/July timeframe) so I think that'll help with the traffic a fair amount.

Kloubek
06-10-2013, 02:56 PM
^^^ 1000?!? I know about the adult condo complex at the end and the townhouses currently being built, but I didn't know the plan was 1000 units total. That's nuts.

And everything I've read doesn't indicate an access to Kincora from Shag..... do you have solid information that there will be?

schocker
06-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
^^^ 1000?!? I know about the adult condo complex at the end and the townhouses currently being built, but I didn't know the plan was 1000 units total. That's nuts.

And everything I've read doesn't indicate an access to Kincora from Shag..... do you have solid information that there will be?
Calgary city map doesn't show any connection
http://www.calgary.ca/_layouts/cocis/calgarymap/calgarymap.aspx
I thought for sure it would connect as sherwood I think connects at two points.

The only thing I don't like about nolan hill is portion across the gully from the dump.

hampstor
06-10-2013, 03:08 PM

Yeah it's pretty nutty. I just saw the land development/usage map a few weeks ago and saw the max density numbers. I should've clarified that "up-to 1000 units" but could be less. One of the condo conplexes is supposed to be a TOD with commercial and that one alone has a max of ~400 units.

The road from Shag into Kincora only goes into a few of the condos directly but doesn't go right into KGR as there will be a bus trap. There'll be additional access off of 37th to a road (whos name i can't recall) which runs from Symons Valley Road upto Shag.

Kloubek
06-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Well given the map that Schocker linked to, it looks like there will be an entrance right after the two not-yet-created sections on the North side of Shag, which is where I presume the bus trap you speak of will be.

I do see now that extension to 37th which should then turn West and then onto Shag. Seems a little round-about, but at least it looks like it will be in place eventually.

bigbadboss101
06-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Today at around 4:45 pm I was heading South. There were a few trucks on Symons Valley and 3 of them were waiting to turn onto Stoney E. They took up both lanes of course. Then 3 trucks were going straight taking up both lane! After Stoney I noticed another truck trying to pass everyone using the merge lane that came from Stoney onto Beddington Trail. I was going WTF why the heck do you need to get in front of everyone? These truck drivers are inconsiderate. Saving themselves 30 seconds but slowing down everyone behind them buy minutes each.

OU812
06-11-2013, 09:24 PM
you guys should seriously start phoneing this shit in to your alderman/mla/311/police whatever to do something about these trucks it sounds like a nightmare

mrsingh
06-11-2013, 10:32 PM
The trucks side by side are a nightmare,I was not exaggerating about being stuck behind them and being forced to merge onto Stoney at 50km/h. One of the most frustrating things about driving on the road for sure.

jwslam
06-11-2013, 10:49 PM
I have been looking at places in the North side near the #3 and #2 bus routes. Prices are high for the house you get but you are closer to the bus, park, and some good stores.

Considering the feasibilty of Mt. Pleasant around 4th Street and 24-30 Ave, or Tuxedo slightly East.
Maybe expand your search to include the 4/5 loop?
Riding to/from huntington @ 78, the 2/3/4/5 all seem to take the same time.

schocker
06-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by OU812
you guys should seriously start phoneing this shit in to your alderman/mla/311/police whatever to do something about these trucks it sounds like a nightmare
There is nothing they can do, they aren't breaking any rules. Has happened forever on that road.

Originally posted by mrsingh
The trucks side by side are a nightmare,I was not exaggerating about being stuck behind them and being forced to merge onto Stoney at 50km/h. One of the most frustrating things about driving on the road for sure.
Shaghanappi is only a few weeks away though!! (I think :nut: )
I have seen workers in the distance every day on it working.

schocker
08-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Shaghanappi is possibly open between stoney trail and 144th avenuve. though it might be a single lane if it is in fact open between kincora and sage hill Probably not open though

Don't tell people though so they stay off if it is actually open :rofl:

403ep3
08-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Hey wtf! Why's you tell beyond!

schocker
08-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Hey wtf! Why's you tell beyond!
Because everyone on beyond drives fast!
I will modify it for you.

Team_Mclaren
08-02-2013, 11:18 AM
It's fucking stupid that its taken so long.

schocker
08-02-2013, 12:22 PM
It's fucking stupid that its taken so long.
But you don't know if its open or not......:rofl:

403ep3
08-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Still a bit of construction down there but just in time for me :) I'm now 20 seconds away from shaganappi!

UndrgroundRider
08-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by doomdealer
The majority of the traffic congestion seems to be from those pesky dump truck convoys. They tend to travel in packs of 2 or more and often take up both the left AND right lanes while driving side-by-side. I have no clue why they do this except to purposely block commuter traffic during rush hour.

This has become the biggest pissoff lately. I've been in Kincora for 4 years now and the trucks have always been courteous. In the last 6 months or so this has changed completely. The trucks take up both lanes and pace each other. They do the same thing in the turn lane onto stoney east. It's definitely intentional.

A couple weeks ago one of the trucks forced me onto the median at the dual turn onto stoney east. He made an illegal lane change across the solid line and would've side swiped me. Of course there was a truck in front of him too, so naturally he needed to block the other lane. :rolleyes:

Canucks3322
08-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Just moved into Evansridge a month ago...I've chosen to drive to work downtown and leaving my house at 6:40am, I get to parking space in Bridgeland in 25 minutes, I leave that space at 4:15pm and get home in a half hour taking memorial to 10st to 14st to Country Hills back up to Symons (shaved 15min off my travel time than if I took Edmonton Trail to Mcknight to Centre back over to Beddington trail).....overall the travel is roughly the same as when I used to bus it from Signal Hill....guess I go to work and leave at good times, hopefully, knock on wood, the traffic stays the same at those times when school starts up.

Haven't encountered any problems with dump trucks, maybe it's more by Shag area?? But I DO have to deal with fucking morons slowing down in the middle of the road in my neighbourhood today to look at houses and lots....found out exactly how wimpy my Mazda 3 horn sounds today.

Ven
08-04-2013, 11:23 AM
The trucks are the reason I didn't move there (Kincora, Evanston, Nolan Hill). I talked with the Alderman for that area and his position was nothing will change in the foreseeable future. The gravel pits in the area were there before the residential developments and those are the roads the trucks are required to take to get access to Stoney. He said over 80% of all aggregates for Calgary and surrounding come from that area. I mentioned some other possible nearby routes for the trucks, which he knew about, and said they are not approved or designed for heavy truck travel. In addition to being controlled by the county, and the county has no interest in sinking money into those roads to modify them for truck travel.

My personal views from my own experiences in the aggregate hauling industry regarding the quality of operators and safety of equipment are not wholly positive. Not to paint them all with the same brush either, some are just fine.

dezmarez
08-07-2013, 06:34 PM
It seems to me the truck traffic isn't as bad on Symons Valley this week. Anyone else noticing?

schocker
08-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by dezmarez
It seems to me the truck traffic isn't as bad on Symons Valley this week. Anyone else noticing?
Maybe another road opened up from 144th, who knows! :rofl:

Sarcee looks like it is coming along well though so hopefully the trucks will route that way once it is complete.

dezmarez
08-08-2013, 10:48 AM

Maybe another road opened up from 144th, who knows! :rofl:

Sarcee looks like it is coming along well though so hopefully the trucks will route that way once it is complete.

I was going to say!
I took the scenic way back from Smashburger in Royal Oak, and saw that a lot of the trucks were headed up to that new road some members were trying to keep a secret.

fajita123
08-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Shag is also open to 144th. Noticed some trucks starting to take it this week. The more the better!

Transp0rt3r
08-08-2013, 11:28 AM
I live at Sage hill, right by the Shag extension and definitely noticed a lot more trucks travelling that way. Those awful manholes though! One day I'll leave oil pan on that stretch between 144th and Sherwood!!

403ep3
08-08-2013, 12:05 PM
So much for a secret...:poosie:

Coming from Sage hill and turning left onto Shag there is that stupid dip in the road. I forget sometimes and my car took a beating :banghead:

fajita123
08-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Anyone know where the two schools that were announced for Evanston are going?
http://www.evanstoncommunity.com/maps_detailedcomm.bpsx

Edit: looks to me like the catholic will be at the site nearest phase 15/18 (says it's "future separate elementary" if you click on 18). The public appears to be in phase 19. Can anyone confirm?

fung-i
08-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by fajita123
Anyone know where the two schools that were announced for Evanston are going?
http://www.evanstoncommunity.com/maps_detailedcomm.bpsx

Edit: looks to me like the catholic will be at the site nearest phase 15/18 (says it's "future separate elementary" if you click on 18). The public appears to be in phase 19. Can anyone confirm?

Here's a map I found of where the new schools are going to be in Evanston.
http://www.evanstoncommunity.com/client_files/Evanston/Evanston_Overall_Showing_Schools_low_res.pdf

fajita123
08-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Damn, not as close as I was hoping. Thanks for sharing that.

Originally posted by fung-i

Here's a map I found of where the new schools are going to be in Evanston.
http://www.evanstoncommunity.com/client_files/Evanston/Evanston_Overall_Showing_Schools_low_res.pdf

403ep3
08-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Does anyone know what that new building is near the old Rona?

cornelius85
08-14-2013, 11:44 AM
If you are talking about the building along 128 Ave I think it is a Buffalo Wings restaurant. I saw the plans at my work, and am pretty sure that is what it is.

403ep3
08-14-2013, 11:55 AM
Awesome, if true. Could use another wing place and I have a feeling it will do well as long as the food and prices are half decent.

cornelius85
08-14-2013, 11:58 AM
Yeah should be good. I know in the new development we are getting another pub which will be nice to have another option to stumble home from. Will be nice when we have some more businesses come in. I can't believe that Rona has been empty all this time.

CLiVE
08-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Transp0rt3r
I live at Sage hill, right by the Shag extension and definitely noticed a lot more trucks travelling that way. Those awful manholes though! One day I'll leave oil pan on that stretch between 144th and Sherwood!!

2nd this. I live in Sherwood. Have seen a lot of trucks using the Shaganappi extension.

403ep3
08-14-2013, 01:53 PM
I think I've left my oil pan on that stretch already. Luckily, in Sage Hill, all the roads are getting re-paved and should be done soon. Those manholes are harder to see at night :banghead:

BigDL
08-14-2013, 03:44 PM
What is up with the dip merging onto stony tr westbound coming from shag tr southbound. First time I took that way in a long time since the new road opened up and damm, that was a good surprise first thing in the morning.

403ep3
08-14-2013, 03:54 PM
You mean on the way to Beacon Hill? I hate that dip so much.. I always take the middle or far left lane then change lanes last second to avoid that dip

BigDL
08-14-2013, 04:20 PM
You mean on the way to Beacon Hill? I hate that dip so much.. I always take the middle or far left lane then change lanes last second to avoid that dip

Yeah, but normally i am in the middle or far left lane and its pretty mild, i was on the on ramp and the dip there is way worse.

schocker
08-14-2013, 07:11 PM
That dip is massive and then people tailgate like crazy if you slow down :rofl:

403 is sage hill drive open yet for my gym shortcut?

403ep3
08-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Nope still closed. I moved gyms :) goodlife is closer now!

R!zz0
08-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Found this online.

Sage Hill, Calgary, Alberta - Sage Hill Crossing is a 400,000 square foot development anchored by Walmart and Loblaws in the Symons Valley/Sage Hill area of Northwest Calgary. This neighbourhood is one of the fastest growing communities in Calgary, with an estimated 36,000 homes by the year 2020. Located just north of Stoney Trail (Calgary’s ring-road system), Sage Hill Crossing offers superior access via Shaganappi Trail and Symons Valley Parkway, as well as other neighbourhood streets. Sage Hill Crossing is part of a comprehensive development and forms part of a commercial, retail, office and residential node. A major transportation hub will also form part of this development, providing increased access to both shoppers and staff. Sage Hill Crossing offers units from 1,000-35,000 square feet for a variety of users such as pharmacy, house wares, fashion, service, medical dental and others.

R!zz0
08-20-2013, 09:24 PM
Sad to see People like that still exist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3RpL_pn52I

403ep3
08-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Ahh I hope I don't see that bitch when I'm taking a walk.

schocker
08-20-2013, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by R!zz0
Found this online.

Sage Hill, Calgary, Alberta - Sage Hill Crossing is a 400,000 square foot development anchored by Walmart and Loblaws in the Symons Valley/Sage Hill area of Northwest Calgary. This neighbourhood is one of the fastest growing communities in Calgary, with an estimated 36,000 homes by the year 2020. Located just north of Stoney Trail (Calgary’s ring-road system), Sage Hill Crossing offers superior access via Shaganappi Trail and Symons Valley Parkway, as well as other neighbourhood streets. Sage Hill Crossing is part of a comprehensive development and forms part of a commercial, retail, office and residential node. A major transportation hub will also form part of this development, providing increased access to both shoppers and staff. Sage Hill Crossing offers units from 1,000-35,000 square feet for a variety of users such as pharmacy, house wares, fashion, service, medical dental and others.
The have not done anything there in three years though if I am thinking of the correct location. As soon as they start building, i'm out of here :rofl:
People here though also have a big issue with parking into my driveway and also parking in general :guns:

rage2
08-20-2013, 11:01 PM

Should've told her to go back to Europe. :rofl:

BigDL
08-20-2013, 11:59 PM

God I hope I don't run into that bitch at a store when I move to Nolan Hill

BigDL
08-21-2013, 12:06 AM
Found this online.

I will believe it when I see it =D, they been talking about that place since 2008.

However, Gates of Nolan Hill Is supposed to be done in 2015.

Located in the new community of Nolan Hill in NorthWest Calgary, the Gates of Nolan Hill will be a 90,000 square foot grocery anchored shopping centre. The Gates of Nolan Hill will service the immediate residents of Nolan Hill (10,000 people at build out). The site is located along Shaganappi Trail and in addition to the residents of Nolan Hill, the shopping centre will offer easy and convenient access to the residents of Sherwood, Sage Hill and Kincora (25,000 people at build out). Currently in the permit process stage and expected completion is in 2015.

http://www.royop.com/current.htm

charlie2
08-21-2013, 12:48 AM
Does anyone know what that new building is near the old Rona?

I was told by the contractor it is going to be a service credit union and just the east they are breaking ground on a buffalo wings place.

The space directly to the east of the lube place with the black chain link around it is rumored to be tim hortons eventually.

bspot
08-21-2013, 09:06 AM

Nothing like someone in Canada telling you to "go back to your country".

EVERYONE HERE is within a couple generations of being immigrants, and just because you're white doesn't mean you somehow don't count.

I would have told her to go back to Ireland, and to get out of your country.

schocker
08-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by BigDL
I will believe it when I see it =D, they been talking about that place since 2008.

However, Gates of Nolan Hill Is supposed to be done in 2015.
[/url]
:werd:
Just a big pile of dirt for years and years
Here is a siteplan for nolan hill
http://www.royop.com/NewPDF/12-09-28_Nolan%20Hill_Site%20Plan.pdf
When I drive by though the space doesn't look that big at all to fit all that

topsecret
08-21-2013, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by charlie2

I was told by the contractor it is going to be a service credit union and just the east they are breaking ground on a buffalo wings place.

The space directly to the east of the lube place with the black chain link around it is rumored to be tim hortons eventually.

They've leveled the land off and have already begun surveying/marking it out...it looks to me like they will be breaking ground soon there. :burnout:

Kloubek
08-21-2013, 09:45 AM

Wow - that's absolutely disgusting. She could technically be charged with assault for that bitchsession. She's living in the wrong area for a racist; there's far more "minorities" living on my street, anyway.

I let my dog run in the ravines in Kincora, but always leash him if we're anywhere close to people.

R!zz0
08-21-2013, 03:11 PM

She's living in the wrong area for a racist;

Yes she is but it really shouldn't matter what part of the city you live in, that should not happen anywhere.

Kloubek
08-21-2013, 03:20 PM

Yes she is but it really shouldn't matter what part of the city you live in, that should not happen anywhere.

Well of course not. I just mean that if you're going to have that attitude, stick to an area of the city like Westhills which has a higher than average proportion of white people so you don't get dazzled by the colour variety in other more "tolerant" neighborhoods.

Whatever. Let's stop this offshoot of the thread, since it was already posted in its own individual thread now.

403ep3
08-21-2013, 03:20 PM

:werd:
Just a big pile of dirt for years and years
Here is a siteplan for nolan hill
http://www.royop.com/NewPDF/12-09-28_Nolan%20Hill_Site%20Plan.pdf
When I drive by though the space doesn't look that big at all to fit all that

I wonder where exactly they plan to build everything in Sage Hill. I've been waiting and hopefully it's far away from my house! Or at least a couple blocks

schocker
08-21-2013, 03:46 PM
I wonder where exactly they plan to build everything in Sage Hill. I've been waiting and hopefully it's far away from my house! Or at least a couple blocks
Where did you move to?
The shopping center/walmart is out my culdesac to the right and at the end of that short road where the massive dirt area is. Sage hill crossing I believe is further into the corner where the farms are. There was also supposed to be commercial up 144th along that road closer though to nolan hill

edit you can kind of get an idea of this by looking in the area on this map
http://www.calgary.ca/_layouts/cocis/calgarymap/calgarymap.aspx

BigDL
08-21-2013, 03:49 PM

There is 4 developments that I know of, quick colored in picture from google maps.

1) is the Sage Hill Crossing, the big blue area south of sage valley blvd. This part is owned by Genesis

The green part is where Loblaws and Walmart will be.

2) Gates of Nolan Hill, the red area by the traffic circle

3) Yellow area is supposed to be like a Safeway or something, I don't remember where I heard that info.

Found some info on google.

http://www.ronmor.ca/index.php?option=com_properties&view=properties&task=single&id=47

4) last one is sage hill farm, not sure where this one is exactly or if it will ever be built.

http://www.lacaille.ca/project.php?projectname=sagehill

http://derrickleung.ca/Storage/sagehill.png

R!zz0
08-21-2013, 04:05 PM
You think home prices will rise or will they drop because people will find it too congested?

schocker
08-21-2013, 04:08 PM
I thought sage hill farms would be south of the blue closer to sage valley drive but it looks like the blue extends pretty far south so not sure where it is now :confused:

BigDL
08-21-2013, 04:11 PM
I thought sage hill farms would be south of the blue closer to sage valley drive but it looks like the blue extends pretty far south so not sure where it is now :confused:

It is possible its part of that complex, that whole blue stuff was owned by genesis, the south part was sold to riocan, I should have coloured that differently. Also found more info on that yellow area.

schocker
08-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Good work with the extra info. I thought the farms was going ahead as it was last year that they put up those signs advertising it along sage hill drive. Still haven't called 311 again to find out wtf is going on with that road. :banghead:

BigDL
08-21-2013, 04:47 PM
Trico will have a new condo complex along Sage Hill Drive, perhaps that and the walmart/loblaws development is what made the city upgrade that road?? I researched a bunch of this stuff when I was looking at places to live before settling on Nolan Hill.

schocker
08-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Well I know there are those condos going along side going north where they were flattening out the ground. That road is always closed, such a PITA. Takes way longer to get to the gym! :rofl:
The road at the corner though connects into the blue area towards that traffic circle I believe. I researched a bunch before I move and it still took until now for shaghanappi and sarcee and buses took until last year :nut:

Darell_n
08-21-2013, 05:49 PM
I don't think it will be a Safeway as Sobey's bought them out. I'm in the process of building the new Sobey's in Evanston so another store that close won't happen.

schocker
08-21-2013, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Darell_n
I don't think it will be a Safeway as Sobey's bought them out. I'm in the process of building the new Sobey's in Evanston so another store that close won't happen.
That is probably true. Where is the new one in evanston, I didn't even realize there was businesses in there but people keep talking about it :rofl:

A2VR6
08-21-2013, 06:55 PM
I researched a bunch before I move and it still took until now for shaghanappi and sarcee and buses took until last year :nut:

At least they finished shaghanappi... I'm still waiting for the 14th street overpass to be completed so I can actually get on stoney westbound which was supposed to be completed in fall 2011 :banghead:

schocker
08-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by A2VR6
At least they finished shaghanappi... I'm still waiting for the 14th street overpass to be completed so I can actually get on stoney westbound which was supposed to be completed in fall 2011 :banghead:
Maybe someday :rofl:
I waited forever for shag as I thought it would be faster but sarcee is still faster to crowfoot.

Darell_n
08-21-2013, 07:51 PM

That is probably true. Where is the new one in evanston, I didn't even realize there was businesses in there but people keep talking about it :rofl:

The shopping area is up the hill on Simons Valley Parkway. (east of Simons Valley road)

schocker
08-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Darell_n
The shopping area is up the hill on Simons Valley Parkway. (east of Simons Valley road)
Gotcha. I haven't been up that road in a year or two. Main reason I never looked at houses in evanston :rofl: