PDA

View Full Version : Jukebox repair???

colinderksen
06-09-2013, 11:50 AM
I have a 50s Seeburg Jukebox I need repaired. Does anyone have a line in a experienced and qualified guy that could repair it? I am having no luck finding someone, I have even been contacting pinball repair guys to see if they have any info.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Colin

LollerBrader
06-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by colinderksen
I have a 50s Seeburg Jukebox I need repaired. Does anyone have a line in a experienced and qualified guy that could repair it? I am having no luck finding someone, I have even been contacting pinball repair guys to see if they have any info.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Colin

I believe you are on your own with this one.

Calgary's last great vending repairman, Tom Jones, died in 2011. He was the last of the old school.

All that's left is a smattering of hobbiests... And none have time to repair other people's machines, unless you're willing to throw top dollar at it.

I suggest your best bet is to enlist in the assistance of a skilled handyman/tinkerer, combined with assistance from forums, and to work carefully.

cancer man
06-10-2013, 10:47 AM
More than likely ship to the U.S.A.

DeleriousZ
06-10-2013, 10:54 AM
http://www.historytv.co.za/za/shows/american-restoration/about/mainContent/0/image/rick-dale-ron-dale-tyler-dale-and-kowboy-american-restoration-team.jpg

KeepItGully
06-10-2013, 11:18 AM
A quick search on google turned up a couple people on kijiji who offer this service. Other then that, SML entertainment specializes locally in this kinda stuff.

woodywoodford
06-10-2013, 04:04 PM
I was gonna say exactly what Delerious posted - you could be on TV!!!

70chevelle
05-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Colin,
Call Tom Baker in Calgary at 403-605-5049. He buys and sells jukeboxes and uses a couple of technicians who are familiar with Seeburgs to do the servicing on them before they go out the door.

Graham_A_M
05-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Take it to Rick's Restorations, they've done a SHIT ton of stuff along those lines, and have access to countless resources and people that most local places, dont.

It'll be fairly pricey, but they do unbelievable work. :eek:

A bit of a tip? If you want a family discount, go there in a denim jacket with the sleeves cut completely off. Since that Rick guy wears absolutely nothing else. :rofl: