PDA

View Full Version : Too much shit in the NW

speedog
06-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Huge part of NW Calgary is going to see it's growth curtailed due to sewer system inadequacies - Herald story here (http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Sewer+capacity+crisis+flush+growth+plans+northwest/8501419/story.html).

The new stinky NW?

Sugarphreak
06-09-2013, 10:43 PM

JordanAndrew
06-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Yeah I am sure this has nothing to do with the personal spat between Nenshi and Developers :rolleyes:

I have a hard time believing the city dropped the ball that badly on infrastructure projects to support new growth that they would have to suspend any future development for 4 years... you'd have to be a giant purple idiot to do that.

LIKE!

There is no LIKE button so I'll just comment.

schocker
06-09-2013, 10:51 PM
burn on xtrema :rofl:

“It also speaks to — pardon my French — but the bulls**t argument that established areas are subsidizing the suburbs, because there’s all sorts of infrastructure upgrades that need to occur in the established areas and they’re being paid for by people who live in the suburbs,” said Mike Flynn, executive director of the Urban Development Institute.

Toma
06-09-2013, 11:59 PM
A little after ww2...calgary was developed to around 20th ave nw. Much north of that was forest.

HiTempguy1
06-10-2013, 04:52 AM
You guys do realize that high flow in sewers actually keeps smell DOWN right?

It's low flow situations that cause stink. Just as the residents around "poohill" (aka, south east Red Deer) where the sewers were built with way too much capacity.

And it's a bullshit excuse IMO (not being able to build because of it).

88CRX
06-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Yeah I am sure this has nothing to do with the personal spat between Nenshi and Developers :rolleyes:

I have a hard time believing the city dropped the ball that badly on infrastructure projects to support new growth that they would have to suspend any future development for 4 years... you'd have to be a giant purple idiot to do that.

:werd:

How convenient.

Xtrema
06-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by schocker
burn on xtrema :rofl:

:confused:

I thought my position is developers need to pay more for sprawl and growth. This shitty situation is exactly why.

Crestmont and Valley Ridge is putting more stress to the system.

Basically, it covers anything south of Country Hills Boulevard and west of Nose Hill Park, and across the Trans-Canada Highway to Canada Olympic Park.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Sewer+capacity+crisis+flush+growth+plans+Calgary+northwest+with/8501419/story.html#ixzz2VpoduT4z

Since I'm north of Country Hills, where does my shit go?

Cos
06-10-2013, 11:23 AM

e31
06-10-2013, 02:57 PM
The NW could take cues from NE on this issue; since nobody in the NE has ever had a solid bowel movement, the sewer system is more effective.

schocker
06-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
:confused:

I thought my position is developers need to pay more for sprawl and growth. This shitty situation is exactly why.

Crestmont and Valley Ridge is putting more stress to the system.

Because aging infrastructure has to be replaced also
I'm just messing with you :angel:

JRSC00LUDE
06-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Since I'm north of Country Hills, where does my shit go?

Same as the rest of Calgary, the North East.

snowcat
06-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Same as the rest of Calgary, the North East.

I waited for it, Scrolled, and there it was.

JRSC00LUDE
06-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by snowcat
I waited for it, Scrolled, and there it was.

Beyond cannot live on tinted windshield jokes alone.